The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yikes, the last 3 hours have been emotionally exhausting.
Coming home to your wife having a near mental breakdown is just awful. I don't mean that in a selfish way at all, it's just so hard to watch and hell if I know how to deal with it. Thankfully she seems to be doing much better at the moment.

I've been through that also, it's not easy. Hard to know what to say. Best thing you can do is just be there for whatever she needs. Hope everything works out well.

36 hours of work in the last 48 hours. No Thp, no sleep no nothing. Come on Friday! On a good note its going well just F me a lot of work.
tell me about it.. Love sitting in the office to 2am, like tonight, get home and in bed around 2:45 and waking back up at 6:45 to be here by 8am. On a side note, I'm not complaining either, since it is also going well for me.

Been shoveling snow since 5:30 this morning. The snow is piled over both of our cars. I dont have anywhere else to put the snow. The whole property is covered in ice because after the first foot of snow, we had freezing rain for a few hourd and then another foot. My snowblower is broken. And I have to go to work, but they were so generous to delay opening until 10. Sorry just needed to vent before I completely lose it.

Been shoveling snow since 5:30 this morning. The snow is piled over both of our cars. I dont have anywhere else to put the snow. The whole property is covered in ice because after the first foot of snow, we had freezing rain for a few hourd and then another foot. My snowblower is broken. And I have to go to work, but they were so generous to delay opening until 10. Sorry just needed to vent before I completely lose it.

Time to move south bro!

And the lazy a-holes upstairs decided to stay in bed and not help. Hope they like shoveling out all the snow I packed around their car.

$575 paid to the government this morning after allowing them to take out max per paycheck all year long. They know what I make and should learn to tax it properly to avoid this crap.

$575 paid to the government this morning after allowing them to take out max per paycheck all year long. They know what I make and should learn to tax it properly to avoid this crap.

I'm scared to even look at mine yet. I will do mine at the beginning of April and mail my check on the 15th and no sooner. I'm hoping the $9k I paid towards education this year helps though.

I'm scared to even look at mine yet. I will do mine at the beginning of April and mail my check on the 15th and no sooner. I'm hoping the $9k I paid towards education this year helps though.

Education expenses will definitely help. Unfortunately my 12k in dental expenses (implant) did not help.

Oh well, glad it's done with and I can look forward!

Our stuff is all turned in, but man oh man do I fear it this year. The amount our "fees" have gone up over the last 4 years is astronomical.

I usually have my refund a few weeks ago, for whatever reason Im terrified to do this years

Our stuff is all turned in, but man oh man do I fear it this year. The amount our "fees" have gone up over the last 4 years is astronomical.

I can't even imagine man.

It would be one thing if they actually functioned somewhat competently but they are the most dysfunctional overpaid people in the entire U.S.

I'll stop before this has to go the debate room. :)

We are almost certainly going to have to owe this year. Which sucks. It seems I have seen so many more people owe this year rather than get a return. Coincidence? Probably not.

We are easily going to pay over a grand this year. Which is hilarious. We got our settlement this year and gave over 30% to the government right off the top.

You could look at it the other way...which is the government gave you an interest free loan of $575 throughout the year. On the flip side, if you received a large refund at tax time, then you gave the government an interest free loan. I know, either way you feel like you're getting the shaft, but I always feel a little better knowing that the IRS isn't holding my money for 12 months.

I won't give tax advice (mostly because I'm not allowed, and mainly because I'm an idiot), but I could answer some questions you may have about withholding when I'm in Texas if you'd like....

You could look at it the other way...which is the government gave you an interest free loan of $575 throughout the year. On the flip side, if you received a large refund at tax time, then you gave the government an interest free loan. I know, either way you feel like you're getting the shaft, but I always feel a little better knowing that the IRS isn't holding my money for 12 months.

I won't give tax advice (mostly because I'm not allowed, and mainly because I'm an idiot), but I could answer some questions you may have about withholding when I'm in Texas if you'd like....

An interest free loan to me? That's absurd. When you fill out your W4 to withhold the max and still have to write a check, they should be entitled to absolutely nothing more.

Sounds good Pete but I still agree with Bullitt. Hahaha

I take back my rant. Watching the jackass upstairs digging out his car is down right comical right now.

Sorry......

The tax system and where and who my money goes to once it's confiscated from me is a very sore subject with me. I understand that we need to pay taxes because the government has a few critical functions that they must attend to. I have no problems paying my share of those critical functions, but unfortunately that's not where the majority goes.

I take it back about Dev in FL. He was granted permission, turned it down and now rants about snow. If he moved here, he wouldnt be in this thread and that is no bueno. Of course being outside more could mean more ripped pants, which is a plus for those following the rant thread.

An interest free loan to me? That's absurd. When you fill out your W4 to withhold the max and still have to write a check, they should be entitled to absolutely nothing more.
That's just the point of view I choose to take. And I'm not disagreeing about the withholding being all out of whack, but there are other areas of the tax return that you have more control of throughout the year to reduce your tax liability.

I take back my rant. Watching the jackass upstairs digging out his car is down right comical right now.

any chance at Video??

I take it back about Dev in FL. He was granted permission, turned it down and now rants about snow. If he moved here, he wouldnt be in this thread and that is no bueno. Of course being outside more could mean more ripped pants, which is a plus for those following the rant thread.

Ripped Pants posts>just about any other rants

Common misconception, I was not granted permission. I told my wife we should do it and she said she couldn't. Her fault not mine.

That's just the point of view I choose to take. And I'm not disagreeing about the withholding being all out of whack, but there are other areas of the tax return that you have more control of throughout the year to reduce your tax liability.

My problem is that I'm pretty much maxed out as far as tax sheltered money. I put as much away in investments as I can and not get taxed on it. I also paid my mortgage off early and lost that tax deduction a few years ago. I've just become increasingly hostile as I've gotten older that the tax code punishes middle class people for being semi-successful and making good decisions in life.

I've actually thought about buying a small RV just to get the tax credit as a 2nd home. When your decision process has to be guided by taxes, maybe they are a little too overbearing?

Common misconception, I was not granted permission. I told my wife we should do it and she said she couldn't. Her fault not mine.

Then have your wife shovel some snow and see if that changes her mind. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back