2014 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
And... My snowblower broke. Only another 6-10 inches more expected. I may lose 10lbs by tomorrow

I'm not patronizing here brother. Please be careful.

Cool. Thanks guys. I'm going to try the boxer brief route first and a product called Body Glide (I think) its supposed to help reduce or eliminate the shaffing. Never had this issue before, but then again this is the first week I have made it to the gym more than twice and haven't pushed myself this hard yet to this point.

Yup body glide is legit. I use it every time I run. Works as advertised.

And... My snowblower broke. Only another 6-10 inches more expected. I may lose 10lbs by tomorrow

I feel your pain Dev... Not only did I have to shovel 12 inches yesterday morning, ( I have no snow blower! ) and another 5" this morning - I also have a outdoor cylinder cage at the store I run. I have had to shovel that beast twice! The one thing I have done while doing it, is to take a break at times and stretch some - and drink more.

Boxer briefs!! Keep you snug, but not much material to rub against. However, most cyclists and quite a few runners I know will say nothing under the spandex/lycra. That way there is no chance for rubbing.

So, I'm getting ready to prep my basement because the wife and I are going to start P90X3 as soon as it arrives. I need to get some sort of flooring for my basement, but can't afford to spend much. Just need some better padding than what the concrete offers. Anybody got any relatively inexpensive ideas? It's part of a whole plan to prep the basement for use as my office and a P90X gym. Plus, has anybody started this one yet? I know it's new, but I tried P90X last year, and, even though I really liked it, I can't devote an hour of my day to doing a workout, unless it's 11 at night, and that's bad for me.

Agree with boxer briefs - have never had an issue

Just weighed myself. Down 6lbs since yesterday morning. #SilverLining

Just weighed myself. Down 6lbs since yesterday morning. #SilverLining

Make sure you hydrate. I got really thirsty after shoveling for over two hours yesterday.

Make sure you hydrate. I got really thirsty after shoveling for over two hours yesterday.

No worries. I have been chugging Gatorade and water since yesterday.

2 hours of shoveling this am. Running and lifting later. Good workout day!

Took the day off to have a nice little four day weekend with the snow yesterday so I'll be hitting the gym hard today, its my favorite day:

Spoiler
246139.jpg

Got a nice session in this morning. I skipped the cardio part as my chaffing problem is making it slightly uncomfortable to even walk..so I focused on weights and really focused on stretching. Working on trying to loosen my hamstrings some as they are drum top tight. And always have been. So I'm working in trying to loosen them some with just basic stretching and holding the stretch for a 3 count and repeating that 6 times. Also working on some rotational stretching and then some fast movement medicine ball work by sitting on the floor and holding my legs as still as I can and rotating my upper body as fast as I can with a 6# ball 10x4 starting the ball on opposite sides each time. Another fast medicine ball drill i do is a around the body drill. I take the same 6# ball and pass it hand to hand around my body as fast as I can. Again 10x4. Going the opposite way each time.

Felt like a pretty productive workout. Shoulders are little tired but it was worth it as I know these things are increasing my rotational strength and speed.

Took the day off to have a nice little four day weekend with the snow yesterday so I'll be hitting the gym hard today, its my favorite day:

Spoiler
246139.jpg

Enjoy bud!

Got a nice session in this morning. I skipped the cardio part as my chaffing problem is making it slightly uncomfortable to even walk..so I focused on weights and really focused on stretching. Working on trying to loosen my hamstrings some as they are drum top tight. And always have been. So I'm working in trying to loosen them some with just basic stretching and holding the stretch for a 3 count and repeating that 6 times. Also working on some rotational stretching and then some fast movement medicine ball work by sitting on the floor and holding my legs as still as I can and rotating my upper body as fast as I can with a 6# ball 10x4 starting the ball on opposite sides each time. Another fast medicine ball drill i do is a around the body drill. I take the same 6# ball and pass it hand to hand around my body as fast as I can. Again 10x4. Going the opposite way each time.

Felt like a pretty productive workout. Shoulders are little tired but it was worth it as I know these things are increasing my rotational strength and speed.

Solid day dude. I have the same Hammi problem. I need to stretch more than I do. Yoga did amazing things for me when I did it regularly

Put in some good cardio this morning and going to attempt to follow it up with a round of Insanity this afternoon.

5 sets of squats,
2 sets of split squats
3 sets of back extensions
3 sets of curls with the EZ bar
2 farmers walks = done and put me right to sleep last night.
Hope everyone had a great workout day!

I can tell I will like this thread as it combines two of my favorite things running and golf. I have an 11 mile run this morning and an 18 miler tomorrow in prep for marathon #5 in May.

I can tell I will like this thread as it combines two of my favorite things running and golf. I have an 11 mile run this morning and an 18 miler tomorrow in prep for marathon #5 in May.

Awesome dude. Enjoy the run today and tomorrow! Great way to spend the weekend!

2014 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Ordered a pair of these yesterday. They should be here on Tuesday. Gonna be interesting and fun.

5y6ujade.jpg

Feeling a bit under the weather, but forced myself to go out and run. Had a run around our three lakes that left me exhausted but happy that I made the effort. Weighed in this morning before my run, and I'm down another 2 pounds, to 208. Eight. More. Freaking. Pounds. And then...who knows?

I'm cooking dinner tonight, and I'm forcing myself just to serve the pork roast and salad, no potatoes. The cutting down on carbs has undoubtedly helped my weight loss.

Now I'm off to carpet putt...

Keep up the good habits JN! Cutting the carbs has been huge for me.

Needed some cardio and wanted to work on some explosiveness so I just went out and moved non stop for 45 minutes. Sprints, plyometrics and some ab work mixed in with a few other things.

JN I'm with you on the diet man. It starts to get easier once you stick to it. I've really been working to cut carbs and sugars. I allow myself a cheat day from time to time just to stay sane.

Needed some cardio and wanted to work on some explosiveness so I just went out and moved non stop for 45 minutes. Sprints, plyometrics and some ab work mixed in with a few other things.

JN I'm with you on the diet man. It starts to get easier once you stick to it. I've really been working to cut carbs and sugars. I allow myself a cheat day from time to time just to stay sane.

Team Paradise killing it again ! Keep it up guys!

Last night workout
Military press
Lat pull down
inverted push-up
Reverse chest pull
Dips
Flat bench

To keep up with the rest of the team

Workout in for the day! Going to start some resistance band training tomorrow to start working on some more range of motion

To keep up with the rest of the team

Workout in for the day! Going to start some resistance band training tomorrow to start working on some more range of motion

Nice dude! Bands are very underrated IMO. Especially for what you are working on.

I lifted for the first time in years today:

Shoulders:
Seated military dumbell press/front dumbell raises/side dumbell raises (3 supersets of 10 each)
bent-over lat raises

Chest:
Dumbell bench press
high cable leteral press

triceps pushdowns (cable with straight bar)
dips

Does anyone have any recommendations for how to put together a workout schedule - what to work each day, etc.? I'm doing this at home, so I don't have any powerlifting equipment, just dumbells & a nautilus machine & some elastic bands.

I want to become stronger & more flexible, & really just raise my BMR to burn more calories over the course of theday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back