THP Roundup - Bluetooth Speakers For Golf Review

I believe they are available now.

Apparently they are. No idea why I had trouble when I looked the other day.

Rumor has it, we might even be giving a couple away soon too.

Rumor has it, we might even be giving a couple away soon too.

I might just need to wait until then to pull the trigger.

Thanks for all the thoughts guys. It was a fun doing this one.

Man that is such a great write up. Really appreciate the time you guys put in to this. Love how you broke out the results. Distortion with the smaller speakers is always a frustration I've had, and why I don't have anything so far. I am very intrigued by the soundchucks now. I am going to have to get one somehow.

Never would I have thought that the puma would get such a good review. Going to look at that and the 710. Thanks JB.

Hey JB I see you mention battery life at the beginning of the roundup but it isn't mentioned again. I take it this means it is a non factor, as I would think most should last through an entire round. Just curious.

I cannot wait to see/hear one of the Puma's in action. The concept is awesome.

What type of charging cable comes with this speaker? Does it charge with a USB cable? I am sure it does, but just waiting to make sure. I have an awesome external power source that charges my phone while I play. The charger actually has two USB ports, so I would love to be able to keep my phone and speaker charged at the same time.

Thanks for all the thoughts guys. It was a fun doing this one.
Thank you for putting in the time and effort to do it, it's such valuable information to have and not your typical golf product, but serves a big purpose and large crowd.

Hey JB I see you mention battery life at the beginning of the roundup but it isn't mentioned again. I take it this means it is a non factor, as I would think most should last through an entire round. Just curious.

The reason is that they were all really similar.

I cannot wait to see/hear one of the Puma's in action. The concept is awesome.

What type of charging cable comes with this speaker? Does it charge with a USB cable? I am sure it does, but just waiting to make sure. I have an awesome external power source that charges my phone while I play. The charger actually has two USB ports, so I would love to be able to keep my phone and speaker charged at the same time.

Most use a USB charger.

I really enjoyed the reviews JB. I do use a bluetooth headset on the course, but have not looked into an actual speaker for the cart. My only experience with them had been while playing with Cookie. It really looks like there are some nice choices out there, but the Puma's seemed to shine just a little over the others. I might have to look into something like this. Thanks for doing this review.

NO a product I am in the marker for, but some cool products nonetheless. I think I've only encountered one person playing music on the course around where I live.

Josh, did you happen to use the Gimme Charge with any of these during testing? (Sorry if that's a skim!)

Great review JB, I like that you have more than one option that you would lean people towards. The big question for me is, which one makes it into the new THP cart this year?

Great review JB, I like that you have more than one option that you would lean people towards. The big question for me is, which one makes it into the new THP cart this year?

Good question. Right now we have 2 in there. The PUMA SoundChuck and the KitSound BoomBox. I have the Braven 710 on my desk and love that one too.

Good question. Right now we have 2 in there. The PUMA SoundChuck and the KitSound BoomBox. I have the Braven 710 on my desk and love that one too.

Side question, would you choose one of those to use specifically in the house, or would you go with another choice?

From the mini-computer!

Side question, would you choose one of those to use specifically in the house, or would you go with another choice?

From the mini-computer!

Ohhh, that is another good question and I am not sure I know the answer. I did not test them much indoors. If money was no object, out of the ones we tested I would go with the Libratone indoors. Since it is for most people, it would come down to the size I wanted.

SoundChuck is the one that interests me the most. Seems most rugged feeling and ability to be able to handle the rattling in the cart. Plus, the design of it makes it conducive to golfing, so it seems.

SoundChuck is the one that interests me the most. Seems most rugged feeling and ability to be able to handle the rattling in the cart. Plus, the design of it makes it conducive to golfing, so it seems.

You can see it first hand tomorrow.

I grabbed a Shower Splash Tunes (?) today and am surprised by the sound for the $.

Sounds great in the shower. Confined space and all. I like the track fw/rev on the unit and you can talk on the phone butt naked in the shower?!?!

I grabbed a Shower Splash Tunes (?) today and am surprised by the sound for the $.

Sounds great in the shower. Confined space and all. I like the track fw/rev on the unit and you can talk on the phone butt naked in the shower?!?!

It definitely does work and sound quite good in the confined space.
For golf, its a bit too muddled and quiet, but in the shower, its great.

Back