2014 Callaway Big Bertha Fairway Woods

picking one up in a couple hours, still trying to decide if i want to start with the 3W or 5W.

picking one up in a couple hours, still trying to decide if i want to start with the 3W or 5W.
I've always looked at these and they scream 5 wood to me, with their slimmer profile and shallower face.

It really depends on how you want to use it. But, I suggest starting with the 3W. The loft can be raised to 17*, effectively making it a 4W as well. Plus, it's so freaking easy to hit off the turf and the tee.

It really depends on how you want to use it. But, I suggest starting with the 3W. The loft can be raised to 17*, effectively making it a 4W as well. Plus, it's so freaking easy to hit off the turf and the tee.

That is exactly what I am going to do!

Who is going tomorrow to pick one of these up? I know I shouldn't but boy do I want to.
Just noticed that Budget Golf 'hotstuff' promo lowers cost on this club to $232.16 with free shipping. Offer ends today though. Could be straw that breaks camel's back for me, but I haven't hit her yet?!?
valentines_large14.jpg

Darn you and your logical reasoning, that actually makes a ton of sense to me!

I tipped off work for an hour..ish earlier to get my first look of the BB in the flesh. The simulator was free so I warmed up and hit the BB 3wood Regular & Stiff shafts verses X2 Hot 3w Regular & Stiff shafts. I hit a total of 140 shots and the X2 Hot 3wood Shaft won. Really wanted that BB to work but the numbers didn’t lie. So the X2 Hot 3wood will be sitting in my bag later this evening when I get home.

My local GG is having a fitting day tomorrow and I plan on hitting both the BB and X2 Hot Pro 3W along with Bio Cell+ too determine my new 3W, based on looks the BB is in the lead but looks will never determine what I buy but if the numbers are close it maybe the deciding factor, can't wait plus the 1st 40 get a 2 ball sleeve on Callaway Speed Regime balls and a ball fitting.

that was ultimately exactly what i did, and i am the proud new owner of a Big Bertha 3W. Took the 50% trade in credit and traded in my old irons, and ended up with another $63 on a giftcard...which may eventually go towards a 5W (or 7W!) anyway :)

Now the downside...i probably can't actually hit it for another month :(

Man... After catching up on this thread, I guess I can add this to my list of FW ponders! I do like the idea of having something adjustable. I like options.

I'm pondering 3w and 5w for the MC. Increase the loft a degree or two to get a little added height (personal preference). I love everything about the BB fw including the adjustability!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I hit both the BB and the X2hot last weekend when I made it to the Golf Galaxy while I was in Pittsburgh. I wish the BB had been available then, because I would have bought it on the spot. I hit the BB better than the X2H, especially off the deck. I'm just waiting for my BB to ship today.

THP #theking #imwithchad

So I gave in and ordered the BB 3wood and a callaway org cart bag..... now the wait for them to come in and then the wait for the snow to melt....I did buy mine off of the bay for $239 so a few bucks more but that budget golf deal is amazing too.

I hit both the BB and the X2hot last weekend when I made it to the Golf Galaxy while I was in Pittsburgh. I wish the BB had been available then, because I would have bought it on the spot. I hit the BB better than the X2H, especially off the deck. I'm just waiting for my BB to ship today.
I had the exact opposite experience today at DSG. I so, so wanted to pound the daylights out of the BB, but after a solid 45 minutes and a bunch of sweat (get no breeze in that booth!), I ended up hitting X2H far better. :shrug:

So pretty though

Hit my new BB 3wood on the range (85 degrees here today, sorry) with good results. I started at 15 degrees which produced medium / straight trajectory off the tee, and line drives from the turf. Cranked it up to 17 degree with draw setting and hit medium to high draws off the tee and medium trajectory from turf. Sounds and feels very solid. Distance seems good. I have been using a Cleveland CG Black 3 wood (16 degree) so the BB definitely feels heavier to me. I am playing 4 days next week so should have a better feel for how this works for me. Really nice looking club and easy to hit.

I ordered my BB 3w and got a notification it shipped on Friday. Should have it in hand on Tuesday. Heading out of town at the end of the month to play golf, so I. Glad I will have this club to hit outside.

THP #theking #imwithchad

I just keep checking these out on Callaway's website, that profile is just SO in my wheelhouse, much more so than the X2Hot to be honest.

Just click the add to cart, I don't think you will regrette it.
I just keep checking these out on Callaway's website, that profile is just SO in my wheelhouse, much more so than the X2Hot to be honest.

I spent a good amount of time today tinkering with the adjustable settings on the 3W. The original setting of a Neutral loft and Standard lie seemed a bit shut and my draws were turning into hooks every so often. I saw the best results in the -1 loft and Neutral lie. They were pretty much dead straight with a baby draw at times.

What settings are you guys using?

Last edited:
This club was 10 yards longer for me consistently them the X2Hot Pro and felt much more responsive.

This club was 10 yards longer for me consistently them the X2Hot Pro and felt much more responsive.

Bertha's face is smokin hot!

I hit this a few times today...wow does this bad boy launch easy and feel and sound great. One of the few fairways I've hit that would have a chance against the old reliable Mashie.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Back