2014 Callaway Big Bertha Fairway Woods

Hit this again today and adjusted the head to 17 degrees. Really helped me get the ball in the air off the deck much faster

hynuvume.jpg

u8yta7yr.jpg

I was really happy to get the chance to hit this club today. I had hit the x2h already but felt the BB shallow face suited my eye better. I came away very impressed after a few swings. The color of the crown is lovely and I really enjoy the feel of the stock shaft. Feel on well struck shots was very nice. I would describe it as soft which for me is a very nice feeling. The hyper speed face on all the BB clubs produces a really powerful feel on center contact which was addicting. I am looking forward to a fitting and some time with this club outside.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Andy how would you say the BB profile compared to the x2hot head? Smaller, larger? Same?

Longer from heel to toe.

I should have gotten a picture of the two at address, I'll make a mental note for next time! I like the shallow face of the BB compared to the x2h.

I should have gotten a picture of the two at address, I'll make a mental note for next time! I like the shallow face of the BB compared to the x2h.

Gonna try to hit this tomorrow. Hopefully the local place has it. Thanks dude

Gonna try to hit this tomorrow. Hopefully the local place has it. Thanks dude

I was surprised they had them out. I went in to pick up my irons and was talking to the manager about the Optiforce. They weren't "allowed" to sell them or put put the fitting cart but the clubs were on the rack and in the demo bin. I would of checked out the driver if there wasn't so much snow on the ground!! Good luck finding them tomorrow.

Best 3W I've ever hit. 220 off the deck and that was a reg flex while I was in flip flops.
tap tap taparoo

Big bertha fw are long! Fact. 3w 10 yds longer than my 913. The 5w 20 to 25 yds longer than the last 5w I carried (covert tour)

I tried out the new X2 Hot fairway wood last week and was happy with the numbers generated. However, the store is having a Callaway demo day in a few weeks and since the Big Bertha 3 wood isn’t out yet, I decided to hold off and compare the X2 Hot and the BB at the demo day, just out of curiosity.

Has anyone hit both to compare? Is the BB longer, more consistent, worth the €60 more?

I tried out the new X2 Hot fairway wood last week and was happy with the numbers generated. However, the store is having a Callaway demo day in a few weeks and since the Big Bertha 3 wood isn’t out yet, I decided to hold off and compare the X2 Hot and the BB at the demo day, just out of curiosity.

Has anyone hit both to compare? Is the BB longer, more consistent, worth the €60 more?

I know there are some people that have hit both, but I don't have a lot of info to share in that regard. I gravitated pretty quickly to this one from a looks standpoint and felt the adjustability was something that I wanted.

Longer would be a fitting thing in my opinion. As well as a good contact thing. I found both very forgiving across the board.

To me it will come down to the total package and personal preference. Both solid performers.

Big bertha fw are long! Fact. 3w 10 yds longer than my 913. The 5w 20 to 25 yds longer than the last 5w I carried (covert tour)

I have not compared the BB 3W to my 910 3W on a LM, but I can tell on the course that it is longer. There are tee shots that I'm hitting with the BB that just end up in different spots than the 910.

The BB is also very reliable. I can count on it to hit a very nice, tight draw off the tee. I haven't used it much off the deck yet on the course, but I wouldn't hesitate to pull it. The low profile face makes it very easy to hit.

I could not tell you which one I hit further. I was more drawn to the BB because of the shallow face.

Who is going tomorrow to pick one of these up? I know I shouldn't but boy do I want to.

Hit this today for the time today.. It was with the stock shaft and not the one I will be gaming but I was getting between 240-250 even off the deck. Super easy to hit, cannot wait for the snow to melt

My BB 3W is quickly becoming my favorite club in my bag. It's so easy to hit, and it just mashes golf balls.

My BB 3W is quickly becoming my favorite club in my bag. It's so easy to hit, and it just mashes golf balls.

I hit it a TON today at the PGASS and I can already tell it will be getting a lot of use for those shorter Par 4s and I will feel confident using it into Par 5s as well. The shallow face makes it so easy to hit off the deck

That's my favorite part. The shallow face makes it incredibly easy off the deck. No idea on distance yet, but it's long.

That's my favorite part. The shallow face makes it incredibly easy off the deck. No idea on distance yet, but it's long.

The distance with the stock shaft is already great for me, a bit lower spin shaft I think is going to help me even more, as it was a kinda spinny for me

I hit both last weekend in their stock shafts. The Bertha gave me about 4-5 yards more distance, higher swing and ball speed and a bit less spin. It was also easier to hit off the deck and I love the look of the shallow face. All that combined made it worth the extra $$$.

You bet ATL. I almost reached the green on a 280 yd par 4 and had about 30 yds left. Bertha + lob wedge pitch shot is a beautiful thing. :D

Yeah, dude, you hit that thing a long way. I was a little impressed on 17 at Heritage when you hit the Bertha fairway and I hit driver and I was only about 15 yards ahead of you. :) This is definitely on my list to try at my fitting tomorrow.

War Eagle from my iPad

The long wait is over. Tomorrow Bertha is mine!

Back