DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sitting at the bar at Dish in Dallas waiting for some physician recruits to show up for a meeting. I hate waiting on people, but don't mind drinking on the company dime.

Sitting at the bar at Dish in Dallas waiting for some physician recruits to show up for a meeting. I hate waiting on people, but don't mind drinking on the company dime.

I need your job!!

The Bridges
11am This Sunday

1. Nate
2. BaldGuy (guessing Cookie will hand over pass?)
3. WardF
4. BigTex

Sounds good to me. Cookie can we do that electronically?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Sounds good to me. Cookie can we do that electronically?

Yeah we can. I just downloaded it as a PDF file. Will send you a text.

Got the email from cookie. I am in for sunday.

Just left edwin watts. Unless you want a set of irons or some gloves or some foot joy shoes, not many deals to be had. Fyi

just picked up a 55* and 60* speedblade wedge combo to match my irons. Skipping the 50 since I never use it. Any locals interested in my 50-55-60 cleveland 588 CB RTX wedges? They're currently 1/2" long with midsize grips but I can change that if necessary.

Also decided to do the extension on my new wedges myself. I've done grips, but never extensions. worked out great! Epoxied in with double bubble and everything. Stoked to try them out tomorrow at Firewheel with my old man :)

Guys we understand the local type of threads but have kindly asked in all of them to keep the chat to area chat. Things such as equipment talk and or items for sale should be posted in the appropriate sections of the forum.

Thanks.

rough crowd. just wanted to see if any of the people I golf with regularly wanted them before I went to the marketplace. several of them had ogled the clubs before... is there a rules post somewhere I should read? seems like JB only ever has mean things to say to me ;)

rough crowd. just wanted to see if any of the people I golf with regularly wanted them before I went to the marketplace. several of them had ogled the clubs before... is there a rules post somewhere I should read? seems like JB only ever has mean things to say to me ;)

Its not about mean things or being a rough crowd. We only allow sales of clubs in the marketplace.
If you want to give your friends first crack, I suggest doing it locally or taking it to PM.

Its not about mean things or being a rough crowd. We only allow sales of clubs in the marketplace.
If you want to give your friends first crack, I suggest doing it locally or taking it to PM.

Sorry, but that's my opinion and I think I'm entitled to it. That was the nicest way I could think of to say it.

Ummm Okay. That is very true.
Just as its my actual job to make sure that people understand the rules of THP and to make sure the forum runs as smoothly as possible. With thousands and thousands of members and millions of posts every single one of them gets red by myself and our wonderful staff of moderators. The goal is to make sure that said thousands and thousands of members, none of which have the same personality can coexist.

Now we will return this thread to the topic at hand for the people in TX to enjoy.

no harm no foul. I would read a rules file/forum/thread/whathaveyou if there is one. I wasn't trying to circumvent any rules, I just wasn't aware of it. FWIW, I love a lot of things about THP. For me the best part has been meeting THPers so I owe a debt of gratitude for that.

I think this got blown a bit out of proportion.

The classified section should remain the only place where "deals are made" for sales if it's being posted on the forum. I know you didn't realize that so no biggie, just a quick learning experience.

Regarding equipment talk, we are trying to get it into equipment threads (outside of Morgan Cup threads for example) so that everyone feels welcome to participate. Naturally, guys from outside of DFW will never venture into this thread, etc.

Adams event is around the corner, let's all get along. :)

I'm not going to make the PV tourney this weekend. Good luck to those who will make it!

Some of us, actually have to work.

The Bridges
11am This Sunday

1. Nate
2. BaldGuy (guessing Cookie will hand over pass?)
3. WardF
4. BigTex

See you boys out there this Sunday! Leave enough time to get out there! From Hwy 380 to Gunter is a good 25 minutes to the course. If you go past the town of Gunter you missed the turn! I'm going to try and be out there around 10am. Suppose to be 75 and some slight wind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back