My TaylorMade Performance Lab Fitting

Dev,

What an awesome writeup buddy. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it

Corey is freaking awesome man. He really knows his stuff. Give him a follow on Twitter also, @TMPLnewjersey

I'd call him now but with the weather conditions...I'll bet no work for him today. It looks like Armageddon outside.
anesahu4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is awesome Dev! Looks like it was golf data overload. And I like that kind of party!

And sorry for everything on the east coast. Not even you could escape Snowmageddon.

Ricky I love that you got to experience this and got a set of irons that will work with your swing.

Also, that he spent that much time with you and offered pointers? Welcome to the world of great fitting advice. With a few lessons, I think your game can grow massively.

Congrats man. What a great experience to have.

Ricky I read through this the other day. Excellent write up my man. Glad you were able to take advantage of it and find something that will work best for you. Sometimes it's really evident what works and what doesn't. Can't wait to hear if you see similar results once your irons are in and you are able to get out on the course.

Looking back at your fitting, was there something you learned about equipment or your game that you did not really understand/know prior?

Dev,

Thanks for the excellent write-up. As a fitter, I am surprised to see the variance in your performance with shafts that are pretty much the same class but every fitting I do, something unusual pops up. How did your fitter determine the lie angle info?

Dev,

Thanks for the excellent write-up. As a fitter, I am surprised to see the variance in your performance with shafts that are pretty much the same class but every fitting I do, something unusual pops up. How did your fitter determine the lie angle info?

Based on the numbers and watching me swing it was pretty quick and easy for him to see that when I do hit down, I take heal divots which. The 2 degrees flat helped correct it almost immediately.

Ricky I read through this the other day. Excellent write up my man. Glad you were able to take advantage of it and find something that will work best for you. Sometimes it's really evident what works and what doesn't. Can't wait to hear if you see similar results once your irons are in and you are able to get out on the course.

Looking back at your fitting, was there something you learned about equipment or your game that you did not really understand/know prior?

Just about everything we discussed was new/ eye opening to me. The biggest was looking at the numbers and having him explain what each meant in terms of my swing in a way that I could understand. That was really really helpful. So when he was making shaft suggestions, I understood why and what the different characteristics were of that shaft that would make a difference.

Excellent - I wish I had technology that good plus eyes that skilled. I can see lie angle issues but only on outside fittings where I can see the ballflight.

Based on the numbers and watching me swing it was pretty quick and easy for him to see that when I do hit down, I take heal divots which. The 2 degrees flat helped correct it almost immediately.

Excellent - I wish I had technology that good plus eyes that skilled. I can see lie angle issues but only on outside fittings where I can see the ballflight.

With the KBS Tour 90's and the Aerotechs, I had my usual slice/fade. Almost everything I hit with the Nippon was straight or at most, a baby draw.

Ricky how was the flight height wise with the aero?

Ricky how was the flight height wise with the aero?

Aside from my typical slice/fade, the ball flight was better than usual for me. I dont normally hit the ball very high so I may not be the best judge of character for this, as well as soon as I made a ball position change at Corey's suggestion, I started making better, more solid contact and hitting down on it more so the ball was already going higher than I am used to. Biggest difference with the 3 shafts was the straight/draw with the Nippons as well as really tight dispersion. I went in thinking I wasnt going to like the Aerotechs but I really did like them. I had heard they kinda ran a little stiffer than I am used to but I really they really didnt feel very different than the Recoils I had tried a few weeks back.

I am so very jealous of you Ricky!!!

Wow Ricky this was a cool ride for ya buddy! Pro like experience for sure :thumb:

Well, I talked with Corey earlier this evening and I made a full fitting appointment with him for next Friday. Really looking forward to it. Thanks again DevRickus for the review…it helped me make a decision.

Back