TaylorMade JetSpeed Fairway Wood - THP Review Thread

Did you hit the SLDR FW also? If so, how did they compare?

People who had hit the SLDR fairway loved the JetSpeed, it's a bomber.

Did you hit the SLDR FW also? If so, how did they compare?
I gamed the SLDR fairway for a while late last year, and for me, I was much more of a fan of the Jetspeed. Just seemed to setup better for me a bit, and I felt like I launched the ball higher with the Jetspeed.

Plus, the matte black is sweet.

I gamed the SLDR fairway for a while late last year, and for me, I was much more of a fan of the Jetspeed. Just seemed to setup better for me a bit, and I felt like I launched the ball higher with the Jetspeed.

Plus, the matte black is sweet.

Distance is awesome but for me, forgiveness is the most important thing. And if I remember correctly the SLDR wasnt very forgiving. How about this?

Distance is awesome but for me, forgiveness is the most important thing. And if I remember correctly the SLDR wasnt very forgiving. How about this?
Lateral forgiveness on the face of the club was nice. I had a few struck out on the toe that did not seem to penalizing.

Lateral forgiveness on the face of the club was nice. I had a few struck out on the toe that did not seem to penalizing.

Thats great to hear. Sounds like a good club for you. You are a better golfer but I feel like we generally have the same swing flaws and struggles so you are one of the guys I look at for advice alot.

Hit this on the course on Sunday during my round as well as on the range Saturday morning. It's equally as long as my X Hot Pro but with a slightly higher flight. Loved the way it set up to the ball both off the deck and off the tee.

Hit this one on the range a bit this weekend, 15* 3W. I was impressed with what I saw, both off the deck and off the tee. Loved the smaller profile this one has, and the ease of hitting it off the deck was quite nice. Off the tee, it was long. I was hitting some bombs with it, and was quite excited about what might be available to us in the MC especially in terms of higher lofted fairway woods.

It will be interesting to see how the fairway lofts fall in line if we are fit into higher lofted drivers. I could see a 3HL showing up in some of the MC bags.

It will be interesting to see how the fairway lofts fall in line if we are fit into higher lofted drivers. I could see a 3HL showing up in some of the MC bags.

I could easily go driver, 17 degree, 20-21 degree on the high end of my bag come July. It'll be all about gap filling right at the transition between iron and fairway though. Right now I have a nice 10-15yd gap. Anything over 20 and that could be an issue.

I could easily go driver, 17 degree, 20-21 degree on the high end of my bag come July. It'll be all about gap filling right at the transition between iron and fairway though. Right now I have a nice 10-15yd gap. Anything over 20 and that could be an issue.

That's kind of what I'm thinking, not sure if would go 5HL fairway, or 3 hybrid in that 20-21 degree slot.

That's kind of what I'm thinking, not sure if would go 5HL fairway, or 3 hybrid in that 20-21 degree slot.

Whatever fills the gap and you hit best.

IMO pretty close to eachother there. The slots help, but it was a close race forgiveness wise w a slight nod to the JetSpeed for me.

I figured I was deadset on an SLDR fairway wood for the Morgan Cup, but I tried the Jetspeed 3 wood today and it felt good and had a great ball flight.

I figured I was deadset on an SLDR fairway wood for the Morgan Cup, but I tried the Jetspeed 3 wood today and it felt good and had a great ball flight.

Its a bomber, it legitimately is. For as little as I "get" why they put out the JetSpeed driver, I totally understand the fairway and hybrid.

Mr. James we are going to have to get in to a SLDR and JetSpeed conversation real soon. I like that this is offered in 17, makes me want to throw one in the bag and take some swipes with it. The lack of adjustability with a FW is not really a big deal to me, just get me something reliable that I can set down and hit off the turn and use effectively from the tee.

Mr. James we are going to have to get in to a SLDR and JetSpeed conversation real soon. I like that this is offered in 17, makes me want to throw one in the bag and take some swipes with it. The lack of adjustability with a FW is not really a big deal to me, just get me something reliable that I can set down and hit off the turn and use effectively from the tee.

I'm always here dude, 24/7. I think you need to spend some time with this one and I think we can make that happen.

I'm always here dude, 24/7. I think you need to spend some time with this one and I think we can make that happen.

I feel like the JS is the kid brother that gets no attention. The times I have seen it in person I like what I am looking at. My original thoughts were that the crown graphics reminded me of the Burner 07 lineup. Do you think that the shaft stiffness on both this and the SLDR are about the same?

I feel like the JS is the kid brother that gets no attention. The times I have seen it in person I like what I am looking at. My original thoughts were that the crown graphics reminded me of the Burner 07 lineup. Do you think that the shaft stiffness on both this and the SLDR are about the same?

TFor me they both played what i consider true to flex, I do prefer the feel of the Velox in this one though. If you made me pick between the two, I'm taking JetSpeed 10/10 times as the profile, look, and forgiveness (not a ton more mind you) with it just suit me better.

I have not hit either yet, but in hand the Jetspeed fairways and hybrids just suit my eye better. I like the shallower faces and have always been a fan of matte black crowns.

The JetSpeed FW is a beast!

Easy, relaxed swings just rocketed the ball when I hit them in the PGASS LM. I'd like to see what they do in real life.

I've got the 3 wood Jetspeed and picked it over the SLDR, the only down point I found for the Jetspeed was that it does sit a few degrees closed. I like quite heavy shafts in my clubs and the stock shaft isn't far off what I like, but in a few months I will be swapping it out I think. You can't knock this thing for distance, it is very long!

So, as I reshafted my Bio Cell 5w yesterday and it wasn't cured this morning I needed a fairway and threw this one back in the bag.

Dammit, I really like this fairway. Its just a rocket launcher and with where my swing is right now it was SO consistent for me on course...and long...and with easy height. I'm firm in my preference of this one to the SLDR fairway, I really am.

So, as I reshafted my Bio Cell 5w yesterday and it wasn't cured this morning I needed a fairway and threw this one back in the bag.

Dammit, I really like this fairway. Its just a rocket launcher and with where my swing is right now it was SO consistent for me on course...and long...and with easy height. I'm firm in my preference of this one to the SLDR fairway, I really am.

Yup just making me want to go hit this even more

After having more time with the SLDR 3 wood this weekend, I want to try the JetSpeed even more. While I like the results of the SLDR when it is hit good, there isnt much forgiveness and isnt very consistent IMO. Would move to the JetSpeed if the distance is close to the same and offers more forgiveness off the deck

One of my golf partners today had the demo 5 Wood of the Jetspeed from our club out for our round. I only hit it once but it felt great. It was our 16th hole of the day and a hole I usually hit 5 wood on. I took my RBZ 5 Wood and hit a great drive. I hit the Jetspeed next and the ball was on the same exact trajectory and finished within 5 yards of the RBZ. Really similar results for the first time hitting a club. Really liked the feel. The JS felt just a slight bit heaver than my RBZ. I'm certainly not in the market for a 5 wood because I do love my RBZ but the JS did cause me to raise an eyebrow. I think further swings with it might bring more distance. Solid sounding fwy also.

I got the 5w today based off my fitting yesterday at Taylormade Performance Lab in NJ. I can't wait to get this thing on to a golf course. After the snow melts and the warm weather arrives!

Back