Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I dont find much difference at all in the CB and MB for Titleist (that is a good thing). I think the 4 and 5 ap2 would be a good bet. Have you thought about doing all three? 4 and 5 ap2 6 and 7 cb and the 8-pw Mb?

No I haven't since I hit the 6i MB so well last time perfect smash and with shaft tweaks should give me optimum height and spin. I need to get my hands on the 4 or 5 irons in all three to see what the numbers say there before making a decision.

441 is all sorts of right with this one. Although, I swung some AP1s today and they weren't half bad, albeit left handed.

Quoting for golfinff to trust me

Looking for wedges (50, 56) right now. I hit my el cheapo gw on a rock playing desert golf and put a nice dent on it so I now feel the need to replace it.

Honestly the best bet is to put funds into more lessons and a complete fitting by a knowledgeable fitter since you WILL be spoiled in July. An advice I have a hard time following lol. In the end we are a bunch of equipment junkies around here

My instructor was the one who kept getting on me about my irons being way to short for me. Sure, I could've just extended my current irons, but it was just too good of an excuse to start looking for new clubs.

I have an insane ponder... Let's just leave it at that. Hahaha

ehuma2eq.jpg

Yup. Insane.

Such a good looking green.

Insanely awesome. Hope you and the Cally staffers get to udesign your drivers for the MC.

I don't know if I can wait.... Trying very hard.

On my way to Golf Galaxy with an unhealthy amount of ponders:

Callaway Apex
Adams XTD TI hybrid
Cleveland 588 woods
Bridgestone B-330 RX(S)
Any golf bag
A new travel cover

And my father mentioned to me yesterday he wants new grips.

Pondering what my numbers are going to be like when I get into a bay tofay

Big Bertha alpha.

Yep.

Big Bertha alpha.

Yep.

I heard this saying for another product (in a completely different industry), but it fits for the Alpha:

When you hit it, prepare yourself. You'll either be buying or crying.

I love that driver.

I'm pondering a shaft fitting (AFTER lessons).

On a whim, I swung the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer today with the Pro at Golf Galaxy. The numbers were...shocking. Average SS of 91, and a suggestion of 130 gram X flex shafts. And that was in jeans with Timberlands on. I currently play either 99 gram Regular or 85 gram Stiff depending upon which irons I grab when I head out the door, so these numbers/suggestions are just SO different than what I'm currently playing.

All that said, I booked my first ever lesson for Thursday afternoon, and am currently "holding off" on all of my equipment pondering.

Ok, I can't help myself.......a Bennington Quiet Organizer 12 and a new Travel Bag.

Good to hear you got signed up for your golf lessons. And thats crazy they reccomended a x flex shaft with a swing speed of 91. Shoot at club champion I had about the same speed and they told me to stay with Regular flex.
I'm pondering a shaft fitting (AFTER lessons).

On a whim, I swung the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer today with the Pro at Golf Galaxy. The numbers were...shocking. Average SS of 91, and a suggestion of 130 gram X flex shafts. And that was in jeans with Timberlands on. I currently play either 99 gram Regular or 85 gram Stiff depending upon which irons I grab when I head out the door, so these numbers/suggestions are just SO different than what I'm currently playing.

All that said, I booked my first ever lesson for Thursday afternoon, and am currently in "hold" on all of my equipment pondering.

Ok, I can't help myself.......a Bennington Quiet Organizer 12 and a new Travel Bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back