Cobra Bio Cell and Bio Cell+ Driver Preview

That red looks fantastic. Really looking forward to your feedback on it.

Agree 100% and why I went with Red initially. It's just that once I saw the Green one it screwed me all up.

I was mostly looking at the red and blue, but went with the green. It's a good looking combo, in hand, and a bit different than what others will have.

So this just arrived. I think I'm sticking with the red. Hawks pics were awesome, but having it in hand makes me realize why I went red.

qubyqyry.jpg

Nice! I'm becoming a fan of the red, I've always been die hard blue but man, that red looks stunning.

Hawk took some awesome pictures, but this thing really pops in person. I'm sold and no more green ponder.

Can't wait to hear your guys thoughts. I have not had a chance to hit Bio Cell or + yet but hopefully that will change soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone or is anyone able to put it up against last years Cell?

Has anyone or is anyone able to put it up against last years Cell?

I will be able to do both tomorrow while I play for a couple of tee shots.

I will be able to do both tomorrow while I play for a couple of tee shots.

Look forward to your thoughts, Mike. I still adore my AC and really was nailing it today. I even had comments from a few of the lads at haw good it sounds...

Look forward to your thoughts, Mike. I still adore my AC and really was nailing it today. I even had comments from a few of the lads at haw good it sounds...

I'm right there with you. My AC has been great since I found the White Tie to pair with it.

I have the stock shaft in the Bio, but eventually will probably pull the White Tie and swap them out. (Unless I get my hands on a Red Tie fairly cheap)

I'm right there with you. My AC has been great since I found the White Tie to pair with it.

I have the stock shaft in the Bio, but eventually will probably pull the White Tie and swap them out. (Unless I get my hands on a Red Tie fairly cheap)

Yea, as already stated in the AC thread, the right shaft really unlocks the AC..

Looks like the stock Bio Cell shafts will stand up better than the stock AC shaft thus far.

The Bio Cell flat out performed today. Played it with the Kusala White at 12* and I was hitting 260 yard shots straight all morning. It's hitting the ball higher than I ever have before and I love every minute of it. I haven't had a day where the ball flew straight in over a year it seems and it was weird to see. The ground was super soggy so carry is all that mattered.

To say I'm happy with it would be a huge understatement. I'd like to get this on a launch monitor to see if I'd get better results at a lower loft setting. I think the Red Tie will perform better overall once the ground firms up here in mid-summer with it's lower trajectory but I don't think I'll trade the accuracy I saw today for anything.

Was at the dome today and there was a cobra demo day going on. Stopped and hit the amp cell pro irons which I really liked and then hit the bio cell + driver. I hit it pretty well and it felt really solid. My driver SS is around 115-118 mph but with a smooth transition. The matrix red tie stiff shaft actually felt pretty good. This thing was loud though wow!! Thought I was going to go deaf hitting this thing!!i

1 thing I found though is that I hit the lower CC drivers better. The 913d3 the 430 SLDR and the bio cell + all preform really well for me.

I took my bio cell on its maiden voyage today. it was 47* at tee off. I never even took it to the range. hit its first ever ball today 290 down the left side of the fairway. i hit a couple over 300. this thing feels so much more solid through the ball than my amp cell ever did! i was impressed. i had it set at 10.5* and the launch seemed low to mid with the stock shaft. i actually like the stock shaft in this thing. its a huge upgrade over the stock in the amp cell. i hit 10 or 14 fairways(that's good for me) the few i missed weren't far. i didn't ever touch the right sides. i played a draw all day. really love the flight and the feel is leaps and bounds better than my amp cell. i liked my amp cell. a lot. i LOVE my bio cell. a lot. of course, I'm only 18 holes in to this relationship so we will see if it lasts......

i did have a chance the other day to hit a bio cell head to head with my amp cell on a monitor. only had 7 swings with each. the main difference was my spin with my amp cell was averaging 3300 and with the bio cell it was at 2800. the bio cell was also more forgiving on toe hits. i didn't hit any off the heels but off the toes bio cell was the winner by far.

I am finding the Bio Cell hits the ball about 6/7 yards further than the Amp Cell, but that's testing with different shafts so its not really a legit comparison.
I agree with your finding that the Bio Cell has a really solid feel especially compared to the Amp Cell.

Is the sound more muted at impact compared to the AC?

Is the sound more muted at impact compared to the AC?

I believe so. Its a deeper, lower, more solid sound than the Amp Cell gives IMO. Much more satisfying, but I don't know exactly what a 'muted' sound is.

Had the opportunity to hit both of these today on the range and the course. Had the Bio Cell (blue) in play on the course, and unfortunately only had it set on the stock setting of 9.5*. On that setting, I was hitting line drives a bit, however, these were bombs. Had a few that I caught just perfect that had me sitting pretty long down the fairway.

Need to tinker a bit, but adjusting it to 11.5* will give me that launch, and then I think it will give me that launch + distance that I want.

I believe so. Its a deeper, lower, more solid sound than the Amp Cell gives IMO. Much more satisfying, but I don't know exactly what a 'muted' sound is.

When I think muted it's a solid hit that doesn't sound loud. Not sure how to describe it.

Does anyone know if the adapter on the Bio & Bio + are the same in terms of loft? I know they will fit each head, but wondered if it effected loft at all.

Had the opportunity to hit both of these today on the range and the course. Had the Bio Cell (blue) in play on the course, and unfortunately only had it set on the stock setting of 9.5*. On that setting, I was hitting line drives a bit, however, these were bombs. Had a few that I caught just perfect that had me sitting pretty long down the fairway.

Need to tinker a bit, but adjusting it to 11.5* will give me that launch, and then I think it will give me that launch + distance that I want.

You had me at 11.5 ponder. I love 11.5.

Does anyone know if the adapter on the Bio & Bio + are the same in terms of loft? I know they will fit each head, but wondered if it effected loft at all.

Numbers shown on them are different, Bio is 9 to 12 IIRC, and the Bio+ is 8 to 11.

You had me at 11.5 ponder. I love 11.5.

Yeah, I need to spend some time with the loft raised a bit, as the 9.5* was decent, but low launching. Forgiveness across the face was quite nice in this one, reminded me exactly of what I saw from the Amp Cell.

When I think muted it's a solid hit that doesn't sound loud. Not sure how to describe it.
Then yes, it is more muted, but I wouldn't say it's a quiet driver.

Beags, any thoughts on the + from the range?

Back