Is your putter face balanced at impact?

Howzat

I'd Rather Be At The Hideaway
Reaction score
Here is a little video that has my interest. This makes a ton of sense to me and I was curious what other putters are face balanced at impact? SeeMore does a nice job of listing these on their site. I was wondering what other OEM shapes and styles does this apply to. Is your putter face balanced? All it takes are two tees to find out!

I love these vids that SeeMore does on this (Good job Ted!), the tee trick was mind blowing the first time I saw it when I was fit and then we tried it on my then gamer, it was eye opening.

I had Ted at THP HQ at one point showing me all of this and showing me on my putters. Fascinating stuff.

I had Ted at THP HQ at one point showing me all of this and showing me on my putters. Fascinating stuff.

All of your putters? How long was he there? Lol

Video had no sound for me? Anyone else having this problem or is it an issue at my end?

Not face balanced. I have the hosel putter and it does open up, but when I putt I don't make any grip adjustments, I just make sure my swing plane is straight rather than arched.

Why is it that all I heard from that video is you need another Seemore putter and it has to be face balanced at impact. Probably since my current two aren't...Good info though.

My fitter at Edwin Watts (at the Callaway Performance Center, where I got fit in 2012), showed me this. He was a big SeeMore fan, even though he didn't use it. He was the first person I heard talk about how these SeeMores were true face balanced putters.

yea im not sure about this. so lets just say a odyssey #9 putter if you did this it would open up like he said....but during the stroke since its heel shafted it would want to close due to the arc? is that right or am i way off base?

yea im not sure about this. so lets just say a odyssey #9 putter if you did this it would open up like he said....but during the stroke since its heel shafted it would want to close due to the arc? is that right or am i way off base?

No arch. There shouldn't be a manufactured arc in the stroke.

According to the SPi method.

At impact it would likely be open so the golfer will need to manipulate it somehow to make the ball go straight.

I have 4 SeeMores that are and 2 that are not according to their website. I will have to test the two that are not listed because they sure seem to get back to square quite easily.

At impact it would likely be open so the golfer will need to manipulate it somehow to make the ball go straight.

With a clean shoulder rock, there shouldn't be any need to manipulate the face with the hands. That's my understanding at least.

With a clean shoulder rock, there shouldn't be any need to manipulate the face with the hands. That's my understanding at least.

I agree. I was trying to answer the question about what a #9 style putter would do at impact.

Cool video here. If I did it right my putter opens up.

I agree. I was trying to answer the question about what a #9 style putter would do at impact.

Right. I knew where you were going. Just trying to clarify.

it probably depends on what stroke you use. i know its SPI everything in this forum im not sure what stroke it is. there are 3 main strokes out there “straight back and straight through” (Pelz), “let the putter move in an arc” (Utley), or “move the putter inside to down the line” (Stockton)

it probably depends on what stroke you use. i know its SPI everything in this forum im not sure what stroke it is. there are 3 main strokes out there “straight back and straight through” (Pelz), “let the putter move in an arc” (Utley), or “move the putter inside to down the line” (Stockton)

I am not trying to make this about SPi. I just think the point they make in the video makes sense and I am curious if there are any other putters out there that are designed this way. FWIW I think stroke type is more of a marketing thing than something that helps golfers learn to putt better.

I am not trying to make this about SPi. I just think the point they make in the video makes sense and I am curious if there are any other putters out there that are designed this way. FWIW I think stroke type is more of a marketing thing than something that helps golfers learn to putt better.

Smart Howzat is smart.

yea it does make sense face balanced putters are good for straight back straight through stroke and are center shafted. a toe balanced putter is better for and arcing stroke or inside down the line.

matching the putter to the stroke will help golfers putt better

yea it does make sense face balanced putters are good for straight back straight through stroke and are center shafted. a toe balanced putter are better for and arcing stroke or inside down the line.

matching the putter to the stroke will help golfers putt better

There is no such thing as a straight back straight through stroke. All strokes have a natural arc. What good is having a face balanced putter if it is not face balanced at impact?

There is no such thing as a straight back straight through stroke. All strokes have a natural arc. What good is having a face balanced putter if it is not face balanced at impact?

yes i know this but there is a method taught called that. i dont think it really matters all that much either way. why have they been making toe balanced putters forever why does seemore make toe balanced putters if this is the holy grail of putters?

yes i know this but there is a method taught called that. i dont think it really matters all that much either way. why have they been making toe balanced putters forever why does seemore make toe balanced putters if this is the holy grail of putters?

They are a for profit company. They sell multiple styles because people will buy them. Again not trying to make this about SeeMore but I can see how it is hard to separate the two.

I have been focusing a lot on my putting and making sure I am making informed choices. I think the theory behind face balanced at impact is sound and was curious if other companies had models that accomplish this.

Really hoping people will try this on their putters at home and report back.

Back