The Chicken Wings Thread

The Anchor Bar is NOTHING compared to Duff's. Not even a contest. If you're ever in the area Duff's on me buddy.
I've never had either Duff's nor Anchor Bar. They both happen this summer.

It's not even worth the trip to the Anchor Bar. Not even kidding. Much more worth it to just hit up Duff's twice. They're that good.

Dont waste your time with Anchor bar its a novelty. And dont order over Medium at duff's. If you want hotter order a side of hotter sauce. There medium is most places xtra hot.

Dont waste your time with Anchor bar its a novelty. And dont order over Medium at duff's. If you want hotter order a side of hotter sauce. There medium is most places xtra hot.
Thanks for the tip. I like wings more for the flavor than the heat anyway, so no worries.

Mild-Medium is perfect.

I don't know why, but all of a sudden I thought of all of us eating wings at the wings and taco place haha. That was an interesting place.
That's was a good meal

It's not even worth the trip to the Anchor Bar. Not even kidding. Much more worth it to just hit up Duff's twice. They're that good.

He's right. Only reason to go there over Duff's is the novelty, supposedly where they were created.
They're over-priced and Duff's beat them in a taste test at least once. And Duff's are hot! I actually go Mild-Medium when I go there.
And there are plenty of lesser-knowns that are really good too. Caputi's on Sheridan Drive in Tonawanda, NY are amazing.

i'm a huge fan of wings (and it shows), and as far as chains go, i think the best wings (especially the sauces) i've enjoyed are from Quaker Steak & Lube. Supercharged is my favorite. I've have 6 Atomic before and the last couple were not enjoyable. I have yet to try the triple Atomic, and don't think i will anytime soon. Supercharged is just perfect, though hotter than anything you'll get at Buffalo Wild Wings or Wingzone.

http://thelube.com/

edit: i used to live in West Seneca, and agree, Duff's are pretty much the best in the world, but don't think i've even seen them out of NY. Actually why i like Quaker Steak, think their supercharged is similar to Duff's hot

We have a couple do spots in town that do wings pretty well.

A place called "Peanuts" and another place called "Buffalo wings & ribs". Both make some delicious wings and the sauces are really good.

Of course we have the standard Buffalo Wild Wings and Quaker steak and lube. But I much prefer the other places.

We don't have a good hometown wing place in this area, or if we do it must not be SO awesome as I haven't heard of them. So usually if I want wings, then it's Wing Street from Pizza Hut or Buffalo Wild Wings. We had a great wing place back in college, but it burnt down in a fire. That really sucked as they would have 25 cent wings and $5 pitchers on "Wing Wednesday" and that was GREAT! I could have a GREAT meal and a pitcher of beer all for only $10 before tip.

Bogeys.

Hands down the best there is.

Nothing else I have ever had comes close.

How far are you from downtown KCMO? The Peanut has great wings.

20 minutes from The Peanut (just checked!). But like I said, I am not a big wings fan to go somewhere specifically for wings. If I am going out to eat, give me a steak!

i used to live in West Seneca, and agree, Duff's are pretty much the best in the world, but don't think i've even seen them out of NY. Actually why i like Quaker Steak, think their supercharged is similar to Duff's hot

How long ago did you live in West Seneca? They have added 3 more Duff's locations recently.

I absolutely love chicken wings and I used to eat them 2 or 3 times a week. I can eat pounds at a time and I love pretty much every flavor.

I absolutely love chicken wings and I used to eat them 2 or 3 times a week. I can eat pounds at a time and I love pretty much every flavor.

Sounds like we need to hit up a wing joint in April. I friggin love wings. There was a bar at college that had 10 cent wings every Wednesday, it was phenomenal. And another great place by my house used to have 25 cent wings. Solid sized, so good. Oh I'm hungry.

i love wings. I really like trying differwnt places and seeing how their wings are. I havent trid many places most would know, but i will say i am a sucker for buffalo wild wings' spicy garlic wings. Winking Lizard's wings weren't too bad either. most places i have tried are random bar and grills.

I had some great wings tonight with a GarliQ sauce, a nice combo of garlic and BBQ!

There's this place here called the Tartan Toque and their wings are unbelievable, so many different sauces too.

Sounds like we need to hit up a wing joint in April. I friggin love wings. There was a bar at college that had 10 cent wings every Wednesday, it was phenomenal. And another great place by my house used to have 25 cent wings. Solid sized, so good. Oh I'm hungry.

Count me in. I am so damn hungry now.

i'm a huge fan of wings (and it shows), and as far as chains go, i think the best wings (especially the sauces) i've enjoyed are from Quaker Steak & Lube. Supercharged is my favorite. I've have 6 Atomic before and the last couple were not enjoyable. I have yet to try the triple Atomic, and don't think i will anytime soon. Supercharged is just perfect, though hotter than anything you'll get at Buffalo Wild Wings or Wingzone.

http://thelube.com/

edit: i used to live in West Seneca, and agree, Duff's are pretty much the best in the world, but don't think i've even seen them out of NY. Actually why i like Quaker Steak, think their supercharged is similar to Duff's hot

If I ever make it up to Richmond again, I must go there and try the Atomic. I have signed releases 2 others times when ordering extremely hot wings so why not go for a third!

Yes x 999999

Up here I love Hooters wings. Breaded with 911 sauce is awesome. Everywhere here serves up dry over fried wings nothing special about them just different sauces and most places say hot wings then slather them with Franks Red Hot.

Here is what I had for diner tonight. I love making my own in the oven and making my own hot sauce for them as well.
F188AD5C-8EED-4235-AC53-897EC3E74CDD.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Absolute best wings on the planet are at Tarks in Dania Beach, FL just outside Ft. Lauderdale. http://www.tarks.com/ it's a requirement for anyone in my family going down to that area to bring some back up with them.

Back