The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anything in place that requires them to take any responsibility if they do damage when doing baggage checks?

Soft side travel bag = No
Hardcase = Sometimes

TSA you suck for breaking my Ogio stand bag!!

Sucks Jen! Sorry to hear that. Won't the airline cover damaged gear. If you didn't sign the luggage tag you have a case.

Sorry they broke your stand bag. TSA in Rochester is horrible with checking golf baggage as well. Last time I traveled to North Carolina, my Driver ended up where my putter was and irons were jammed together. I am all for security and they have a job to do - just treat my golf equipment with respect.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Lucky it was my back up golf bag. Still upset because I really liked it.

Is there anything in place that requires them to take any responsibility if they do damage when doing baggage checks?

They didn't have to replace my RBZ Tour driver that they broke. They said it broke because there wasn't proper protection for the clubs... I told them that there was before they unscrewed the top off of my Club Glove Stiff Arm that was in the bag and laid it off to the side so that they didn't have to squeeze the bag back closed. Oh wait, they didn't have to because they also didn't even zip the bag back up. Their words to me... PROVE THAT TSA DID IT!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. It sucks but nothing I can do about it (except shop for a new bag...shhh don't tell Dean) ;)

Lucky it was my back up golf bag. Still upset because I really liked it.

I know it probably wouldn't completely cover it, but shouldn't there be some kind of insurance on that? I've never had THAT happen, but they did pay us for a damaged bag once.

Soft side travel bag = No
Hardcase = Sometimes

Sucks Jen! Sorry to hear that. Won't the airline cover damaged gear. If you didn't sign the luggage tag you have a case.

I have never signed a release when traveling with a soft bag. Does that apply no matter what?

Simulator putting...............

I have never signed a release when traveling with a soft bag. Does that apply no matter what?
Southwest and AirTran make me sign everytime. It releases them from damage or breaks but not theft. If club or times are missing they replace

Southwest and AirTran make me sign everytime. It releases them from damage or breaks but not theft. If club or times are missing they replace

I fly Southwest almost all of the time, and it's never come up. US Airways also did not make me sign anything on the trip to and from Myrtle Beach in 2012.

AstroTurf....
I've never played golf on a Sim.

I think i have hit off mats a few times, though. It sucked.

Feel free to rant about me, now...

Yep most airlines have this same policy. Why I prefer to stuff I staff bag in there less issues usually.

I fly Southwest almost all of the time, and it's never come up. US Airways also did not make me sign anything on the trip to and from Myrtle Beach in 2012.
It may since they merged with AirTran but I always sign.
I've never played golf on a Sim.

I think i have hit off mats a few times, though. It sucked.

Feel free to rant about me, now...
there is anew spot in Orlando called Dewey's Golf. 50k per machine, beer food and I see a THP event in the making or a Panda event.

Yep most airlines have this same policy. Why I prefer to stuff I staff bag in there less issues usually.
I've had zero issues with my soft side club glove. May take Bridgestone Staffer to Dallas

there is anew spot in Orlando called Dewey's Golf. 50k per machine, beer food and I see a THP event in the making or a Panda event.
I've signed a form the last three times I've flown with Southwest using my Club Glove soft-sided bag.

And simulator golf in Orlando? That's like simulator surfing in Hawaii.............

I've signed a form the last three times I've flown with Southwest using my Club Glove soft-sided bag.

And simulator golf in Orlando? That's like simulator surfing in Hawaii.............
I agree but these machines are unreal. You want to play courses you'll never see, Dewey's is the spot

Hey guys, my mom has her final results being revealed to her tomorrow morning at MD Anderson from her last 6 months of cancer treatment. I believe in the power of prayer. If you do as well, say one for her tonight. If you don't, consider doing one tonight for us! Signs are very positive but you don't know till it's communicated. Thanks everyone!

Hey guys, my mom has her final results being revealed to her tomorrow morning at MD Anderson from her last 6 months of cancer treatment. I believe in the power of prayer. If you do as well, say one for her tonight. If you don't, consider doing one tonight for us! Signs are very positive but you don't know till it's communicated. Thanks everyone!
Done buddy. Best of luck to you and your mom.

You got it bro, good vibes heading your way, sir.

Prayers being said - I hope everything goes well tomorrow!

Maybe but we just traveled on the 1st and the 6th. Maybe next time they will make me sign something.

Best of luck to your mom, Nate.

Good luck to you and yours, Nate. Lots of good energy headed your way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back