The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 hours to play 14 holes on a Wednesday afternoon. Never coming back to this course again.

Still got a stupid runny nose and the doc said all I can do is let it run it's course now with the drugs I am taking. Also darn golf lesson got canceled tonight, but hey it's tomorrow so hopefully I am feeling better.

Kind of a crappy day at work.

This new job thing is affecting my thp time dang nabit!

This is a half Rant, half Happy. I cut the cord on one of my past playing partners this morning, deciding to finally begin pursuing more golf without having him involved. I played steady with this guy for the past 5 years, you know the type Mr "You need to do this, I wouldn't do that, I know better". He is the reason I took a year off from membership, cutting my rounds, and when playing it was rarely with him.

The final straw? I got on facebook yesterday, touching base with guys I know about where they are planning to play. Many whom replied were excited about getting out this season, with recommendations that I join a certain club so I can play rounds with them (which was pretty much my plan originally). Well the old partner only had negative comments about my excitement for the season.

So I figured now is was as good a time as any, pursue membership at a new course, a new group, and new people to play with. What the heck right? Its worth a shot to be able to keep having fun playing golf.

Jammed a finger last night playing basketball, nice and swollen and sore today. Just when the weather is turning enough for me to get to the range. Figures right?

4 hours to play 14 holes on a Wednesday afternoon. Never coming back to this course again.

That's only like a touch over 5 for 18. I've been behind worse. 4:30 is really my limit, but I have done a few 5s.

Wifi isn't working at home and they can't fix it until tomorrow...

Not happy

Mobile Hotspot! That's what I used to do when I had Time Warner.
Yep, works like a charm.

I fear an upgrade that will make foxfi irrelevant.

My lil girl is sick and throwing up. Hate it so much because is scared. Daddy gets to sleep with her tonight.

My lil girl is sick and throwing up. Hate it so much because is scared. Daddy gets to sleep with her tonight.
Hope she feels better soon, dude. Tough to see a little one sick.

My 50 minute commute turned into 1:40 today. I'm usually a pretty patient guy but sometimes it get's to me, like today.

Aww that sucks. Hope she feels better soon.

Arriving at rental and airport before either are open. Going home, who cares!

I'll look into both. Thanks.

Mobile Hotspot is on your phone, and if you have T-Mobile, it just uses what you have on your data plan, no extra charges. But from what I hear, other carriers charge for it.

I have never used foxfi since mobile hotspot is free for me, but the way I understand it, it just bypasses going though your carrier and is just an app that uses your data like anything else.

The cool thing with T-Mobile (not sure what others charge for extra data), if you need more, it is $10 a month for each 2.5 gigs you get. I used it a lot when we still had Time Warner because the internet service went out a lot so it was my backup plan!

Mobile Hotspot is on your phone, and if you have T-Mobile, it just uses what you have on your data plan, no extra charges. But from what I hear, other carriers charge for it.

I have never used foxfi since mobile hotspot is free for me, but the way I understand it, it just bypasses going though your carrier and is just an app that uses your data like anything else.

The cool thing with T-Mobile (not sure what others charge for extra data), if you need more, it is $10 a month for each 2.5 gigs you get. I used it a lot when we still had Time Warner because the internet service went out a lot so it was my backup plan!
My AT&T plan works the same way.

My rant is Brent Bielema citing the death of a DL during an off season training run as evidence that fast paced offenses increase the risk of injuries. What a DB.

I have sprint and I pretty sure they charge extra. I was thinking you were talking about the little my-fi devices or whatever they are called. But my plan has unlimited data so if I just turned my phone into a hotspot I wouldn't have to worry about getting more data.

My AT&T plan works the same way.

My rant is Brent Bielema citing the death of a DL during an off season training run as evidence that fast paced offenses increase the risk of injuries. What a DB.

I believe that AT&T charges a fee to make your phone a hotspot. Last time I checked it was like $30/month.

I have unlimited data so would love to do this for free so I can use my iPad at work.

I believe that AT&T charges a fee to make your phone a hotspot. Last time I checked it was like $30/month.

I have unlimited data so would love to do this for free so I can use my iPad at work.
Maybe it is a plan difference ... I've done it several times without charge. We've got a family plan on a discount program through an employer...maybe it's part of that discount program??

Maybe it is a plan difference ... I've done it several times without charge. We've got a family plan on a discount program through an employer...maybe it's part of that discount program??

Hmmm, maybe I need to check again. I'm also on a discount program through work (20%) off service.

I have sprint and I pretty sure they charge extra. I was thinking you were talking about the little my-fi devices or whatever they are called. But my plan has unlimited data so if I just turned my phone into a hotspot I wouldn't have to worry about getting more data.
Ahhh. I know someone who has one of those (and he's on T-Mobile). I told him about the phone being a hot spot, but I don't know if he ever dumped the other thing.

Not sure what happens if someone calls you while your phone is a hot spot, as it's not happened to me yet. I don't know if you lose the connection, of whether you can get calls while your phone is a hotspot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back