The new PGATOUR.COM website, good or bad?

Castor Hades

Reaction score
Handicap
6.7 EGA
I just noticed that the pgatour.com has been updated. I know the site was outdated compared to web design 2013, but the new direction isn't totally convincing either. I've got a decent size laptop (15", with retina display) and all I can see is half of Sergios picture (at the time). It's all modern and stuff...but still...feels funny.

That said...it's good to see something new, and I am 100% sure I will like the site after a while.

http://www.pgatour.com/news/2014/02/18/new-design.html

header.jpg

I thought something looked different this morning. Thanks for the info Castor!

Here's a view of my first visit.

Screen_Shot_2014_02_18_at_22_36_47.png

The font they selected for articles is very difficult to read. Tall and narrow. Just makes my eyes hurt.

First impression was bad and ugly because of the UI. However, after playing around with it for a little while it has now grown on me.

The page incorporates RAD into their code which is great. You'll get the same content whether you're using a desktop, tablet, or smartphone. You can check out how it adapts just by making your browser smaller or larger.

I like it so far, it's fresh looking and a bit brighter, They'll work out the bugs as they go but it's a great start.

UI layout is not to my liking. They could tweak it a bit.

I like the look so far, only time will tell once I start navigating it more!

Are all these new designs specifically targeted at tablet users? I hate them!! Our local news station, and the one back "home" in Indy both use the exact same template and I have all kinds of trouble using the sites.
Stupid designing for one portion of the market and forgetting about the rest.

Big Dislike, Liked it how it was simple and easy to navigate before. Seem's like the majority of people don't like it on the comments.

ITs starting to grow on me. I bet they will continue to make adjustments over the next few weeks to make it better

I guess it is alright but I rarely visit their site......

Don't like it.

Hate it, giving it a new look is fine but right now it is a fail.

Fail, due to the fact that mobile sites need to offer everything the desktop site will offer

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I went and checked out the site this morning. If may be the last time I go to the site. Almost unusable. I had a tough time finding anything, and it is extremely hard to read when you do find what you are looking for. Serious fail.

I'm not liking it at all. Was trying to click on the WGC bracket and got some video.
Finally got to the bracket but navigation is not intuitive or user-friendly IMO.
Too "in your face", pictures are too big.

Awful. Hideous.

Idiocracy-Hospital+triage+keyboard.jpg

I will probably just go to The Golf Channel site from now on.

Back