Votes: 38 34.2%
  • Over 80MPH

Votes: 10 9.0%
  • UNDER 80MPH

Votes: 4 3.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know I played with a pga tour pro recently I knew from 15 years ago, he used to hit a 3w almost 300 yards. He's now 55 and around the same weight, probably 275 or so, in otherwords pretty stout.

His swing speed is now around 90MPH and he used to be a tour pro on the pga.

He says he doesn't play that much now, yet a few years ago his name was still popping up on tournaments for top rated AM's in SFL, he gave his card up way back. Or lost it probably.

Retirement comes with age. What does this have to do with my swing speed.
I'm going to take my cash and back away from the table.

You know I played with a pga tour pro recently I knew from 15 years ago, he used to hit a 3w almost 300 yards. He's now 55 and around the same weight, probably 275 or so, in otherwords pretty stout.

His swing speed is now around 90MPH and he used to be a tour pro on the pga.

He says he doesn't play that much now, yet a few years ago his name was still popping up on tournaments for top rated AM's in SFL, he gave his card up way back. Or lost it probably.

I'm sorry to hear that about your friend. You should try to motivate him to go to the gym more and work on his flexibility. He'd probably get some of his swing speed back. They also make a few great products like the Orange Whip that helps increase swing speed and balance. Supposed to work your core as well.

I'm 85-95 but closer to high 80s more often than not.

At age 65, I have lost lots of club head speed especially the last couple of years. The last BStone ball fitting I did was over a year ago and club head speed was 107. I suspect it is somewhere in the mid to upper 90s now. It does decrease with age, the highest (and the first time) I was ever measured was 119 at about age 38.

Between 100 - 105. Not tour level, obviously, but not too shabby for someone that is vertically challenged.

One of the reasons I joined THP after lurking for a while was it didn't seem like a bunch of people trying to one up each other on the internet. Instead a bunch of real people who are passionate about golf, honest about their games, and happy to help each other. The numbers in the poll are neither surprising nor suspect.

Looks like close to 90% of the golfers here swing faster than 90% of golfers.

LOL

Ok

Yet you're over 55 and claiming 100 plus with aspirations for 110 plus. I guess you're just extra special.

Yet you're over 55 and claiming 100 plus with aspirations for 110 plus. I guess you're just extra special.

that's because at 30 I was measured 130mph on my toes

125 smooth

played in several pro ams then

i flew every tour pro I met then At 125mph

now pros have faster s/s

but that was 31 with 31inch waist playing alot for a decade

One of the reasons I joined THP after lurking for a while was it didn't seem like a bunch of people trying to one up each other on the internet. Instead a bunch of real people who are passionate about golf, honest about their games, and happy to help each other. The numbers in the poll are neither surprising nor suspect.

You are correct I've played with and been on the range with a bunch of THPers and all of them have played to what they say the shoot. And at a THP event is the only time I've seen people hit the ball as far as they do.

There are a ton of guys on here who put up some serious distance as well as SS.

that's because at 30 I was measured 130mph on my toes

125 smooth

played in several pro ams then

i flew every tour pro I met then At 125mph

now pros have faster s/s

but that was 31 with 31inch waist playing lot for a decade

I just think it's silly to question everyone on here. Most here have played with others and very few I've played with on this site can't fly it over 200 with driver. I think the stats you're quoting are very inaccurate and that most male golfers swing over 90. Heck if one is flexible enough to make a full shoulder turn and has decent technique, it would be hard not to break 90 swing speed. Come out to a THP Event and see for yourself.

I just think it's silly to question everyone on here. Most here have played with others and very few I've played with on this site can't fly it over 200 with driver. I think the stats you're quoting are very inaccurate and that most male golfers swing over 90. Heck if one is flexible enough to make a full shoulder turn and has decent technique, it would be hard not to break 90 swing speed. Come out to a THP Event and see for yourself.

I agree, anyone with flexibility and some power can have a fast swing speed and it doesn't mean they are pro level talent. My friend swings his driver 105 consistently but hooks and slices all over the place. I don't care about swing speed as much as ball striking, I'll gladly stay at 90-93 mph and have a consistent swing.

I am in the 90-95mph range on most swings

Having played with a lot of these guys, I know there are plenty that are bringing some serious SS and distance. And I know there's guys here swinging smooth and in control, and still putting it out there a good ways. I've been on launch monitors with them. I've been on driving ranges with them. I've been on courses with them, multiple times. If I were to estimate, I would say 1 in 20 throws out rubbish numbers that are physically impossible.

I'm about 110 SS or so, and suck to all Hell, despite being able to put it out there a bit. And I'd be delighted to hit balls next to you on the range at any THP event, if you would like. :)

My AVERAGE is 98 and thats with an OTT crap swing.

Get em G4L

I'm right on the cusp. Last time it was measured, I think out of 10 swings, I literally was evenly varied between 99 mph and 101mph.

~Rock

Stock swing avg 106, 109 if I juice it but bad things usually happen so I TRY to stay within myself.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Just did a search for Bridgestone ball fittings and found an interview with Bridgestone. They have done over 150,000 ball fittings so have a GREAT sample to figure out average swing speed. According to them, amateur golfers average 95 mph with driver.

http://www.golftipsmag.com/equipment/more-golf-equipment/five-questions-with-bridgestone-golf.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

must be Im in SFL

u kno old retired people

90% of the balls on the range are not 200 yds off the hitting area

must be Im in SFL

u kno old retired people

You're assuming people only hit driver at the range.

My suggestion is with the 2 Amex Black cards and "lots of cash", why not come to a THP Event (there are around 15) and see for yourself rather than throwing around accusations.

THP has a launch monitor, plays at some of the best courses in the country, will have the THP Tour Van out there full of equipment and you can show everybody.

Otherwise, its a friendly topic that you started. Why ask a question if you are merely going to accuse those that answer it.

Trying to give you another chance from the last time you were a THPer under a different name.

must be Im in SFL

u kno old retired people

Well yeah that makes sense. Avg age there may be over 65.

Unlike you and me, most on here are under 40.

Well yeah that makes sense. Avg age there may be over 65.

Unlike you and me, most on here are under 40.

under 35 the swing speed is defintely higher

over 35 the s/s slows each year usually

unless the person didn't get much of a swing until after 35

102 average for me

92-95, can dial it up to a 100 but will see lot more slices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back