Well I went and done it now. I bought a house!

Congrats on the new digs.

Congrats, that's exciting!

Congrats! Enjoy the coming summer with your new house!

Congrats on the new house!!

Post some pics!

Makes me hate NJ but congrats nonetheless.

Congrats on the house! And what a ridiculous price! If you bought it outright and have no mortgage, I definitely agree with below!
Congratulations on your fresh start! Two acres? Who needs a golf vacation.....set up a Dave Pelz short game practice area.:D

JM

Congrats

Congrats on the new house. @ acres will give you some room to hit some wedges in the back yard!

Well, so much for golfing vacations lol. Pending a favorable home inspection I will get my keys to my very own and first house this coming Friday. After the passing of my mother this past month I needed to take a good look at my life. I have spent the last eight years as fulltime caregiver to my family.

Thanks to my grandmother who passed last year I was able to purchase a house thus giving myself a fresh start. The housing market down here is amazing. I was able to purchase a four bedroom two bath home on two acres of land with a huge cinderblock two bay workshop garage for $62,500.00 outright. Barring any nasty surprises from the home inspection there is very little work to be done. I hope to be moving into my new home within the next few weeks. Needless to say I am quite excited!

I will be posting some before and after picks in the coming weeks.

Man, that is amazing. So happy for a fresh start. (And throwing up considering what I'm going to be spending in Los Angeles soon.)

Congrats on the new house and what a way to start fresh. I hate to hear about your losses of family but this is an excellent way to start a life about you.

Awesome, congrats!

Congrats on the house! And what a ridiculous price! If you bought it outright and have no mortgage, I definitely agree with below!

Yes, I am able to buy the house outright for cash.

I am looking right now at of course having to repaint the inside and scrape down the tacky popcorn on the ceiling lol then tear up the cheap crappy carpet and lay some laminate flooring. I am also going to replace the entire kitchen. I going to take everything into the kitchen from the house I am in now and put it in my new place. I am also lucky in that every appliance I have is less than a year old.

Congrats is right. Is your location correct? Need any help let me know, I suck at painting but can tell others what to do like a pro.....

Congrats is right. Is your location correct? Need any help let me know, I suck at painting but can tell others what to do like a pro.....

LoL yup, my location is correct, I live in Chatsworth which is just a few miles east of Dalton ga.

LoL yup, my location is correct, I live in Chatsworth which is just a few miles east of Dalton ga.

You're actually just down the road, I'm actually in Ringgold. Just put Chattanooga as more know where that may be located.

Congratulations!! Owning a home was huge for me at one point.

Like your other friends here, I am genuinely sorry to hear of your mothers passing and I commend you for assuming your responsibility to your family. That is currently a scenario to which I can currently relate with my mother. But I congratulate you on the purchase of your new home. While its been many years ago, I can still recall the excitement of purchasing my first home. In my case, because I was going to have a mortgage a bit of nervousness as well. A few years later, I got married and it wasn't long before I knew shortly we would be purchasing "our" first home. After a couple upgrade purchases, we finally have our last home. In order to make our coming years a bit easier, we have downsized to a condo in an active adult community. So I guess one could say, we have gone full circle.

Congrats sir

Congrats sir! Bought my first house about 2.5 years ago...and as nerve racking as it was, it was a great decision. Wish I got as good of a deal as you did though. Illinois is expensive!! Congrats again and good luck.

Congrats sir! Bought my first house about 2.5 years ago...and as nerve racking as it was, it was a great decision. Wish I got as good of a deal as you did though. Illinois is expensive!! Congrats again and good luck.

Trust me nerve racking is a feeling I know right now lol.

Congrats on your new house,
Sounds nice.

That sounds like an amazing value. Congrats!!! If you like projects as I do, you'll enjoy a very happy life. ?

Good luck with it.

Congrats man! Hope everything is great as it sounds like you got a lot of house for a great price.

Congrats on the new place, sounds like you got a heck of deal! Also feels like you'll have and indoor hitting area ready to go soon!

Back