Mmmm I could go for some sushi. Been a little bit since I've had some.

Special rolls at this place look intriguing. Quite different from the norm. They have of course the usual suspects and Nigiri and such on a separate menu. Hmmmm.

UpdatedSpecialRollsFront.gif

UpdatedSpecialRollsBack.gif

Man that menu is making me hungry. Quite a few good sounding, but different ones on there.

Ate at The Cowfish in Charlotte, NC for lunch on Friday. JB, this place is right up your alley, and its going to be coming to Orlando. Under construction right now in Universal Orlando's Citywalk, to open late this spring. The Cowfish has great burgers and great sushi all on the same menu, and then there is a special section called "Burgushi". Check out the menu here: www.thecowfish.com Menu is huge, can't wait to try this again. They have a 2nd location in Raleigh, NC and I'll be there in a few weeks and will have to try the restaurant again.

I ordered the Fusion Specialty Bento Box - mini burger of the day, 4 pieces of Mark's Roll, sweet potato fries, edmame, Thai cucumbers.

IMAG0015_zpssrwhmprr.jpg

IMAG0014_zps2csqxogq.jpg

IMAG0013_zpsfurueeso.jpg

Ate at The Cowfish in Charlotte, NC for lunch on Friday. JB, this place is right up your alley, and its going to be coming to Orlando. Under construction right now in Universal Orlando's Citywalk, to open late this spring. The Cowfish has great burgers and great sushi all on the same menu, and then there is a special section called "Burgushi". Check out the menu here: www.thecowfish.com Menu is huge, can't wait to try this again. They have a 2nd location in Raleigh, NC and I'll be there in a few weeks and will have to try the restaurant again.

I ordered the Fusion Specialty Bento Box - mini burger of the day, 4 pieces of Mark's Roll, sweet potato fries, edmame, Thai cucumbers.

IMAG0015_zpssrwhmprr.jpg

IMAG0014_zps2csqxogq.jpg

IMAG0013_zpsfurueeso.jpg

That looks terrific.

Nice..

Everytime I read this thread, it reminds me that I need sushi.

Everytime I read this thread, it reminds me that I need sushi.

I told Amanda the same tonight. Then I asked why she didn't bring some home.

That conversation went as expected.

I would imagine so.

Can you get good sushi in Ok

Can you get good sushi in Ok

We've actually got a couple of really good places that fly in their Tuna overnight, I've been pleasantly surprised, its def not Florida (makes me sad, haha), but its good.

We've actually got a couple of really good places that fly in their Tuna overnight, I've been pleasantly surprised, its def not Florida (makes me sad, haha), but its good.

Good, gonna need a spot when I come out

Freddie in OK, poor Freddie. Hahaha
Freddie, eating Sushi, in Oklahoma. Let him borrow some boots, James.

nahe2utu.jpg

It's called the Hot Mess role. Crispy shrimp and avacado topped with Poke and spicy sauce

Ate a bunch of sushi for dinner tonight. Had a random sushi plate, a random sashimi plate, dragon roll, tempura shrimp roll and a "cherry blossom" roll that had tuna on the outside and tuna, salmon and avocado on the inside. I should have taken pics, but I was so hungry. Was good though.

I don't normally do food pictures but tonight I wish I had. Wife and I picked up sushi from a new local place called Naru. We also don't normally do rolls, but they have an "Oh My God!" roll that is ridiculous. Two pieces of unagi, two pieces of salmon on top with avocado and fried shrimp inside. topped with some sort of thin fried strings and three kinds of roe and a drizzle of sesame oil... Oh My God.

You going have to take me next time I come down

Here in KC. @ The Sushi House
Ordered the Combo Deluxe.
7udu5y9e.jpg

Last edited:
We are in Austin this weekend for a wedding. Last season on Shark Tank there was an episode that had a place called How Do You Roll. Kind of like a subway for Sushi. You pick the ingredients and they make what you want. We are here now excited to try this place out.

dyby8ara.jpg

ype2epub.jpg

Here is Nerfny's order

Spicy Tuna with avocado, spinach, cucumber, seseme seeds, and eel sauce

a8abyqa5.jpg

My order

spicy salmon, with avocado, cream cheese, mango, topped with eel sauce.

nasy9u3a.jpg

Back