Cobra Bio Cell Hybrid Review Thread

Sleeper hybrid. Mark my words.

Expand a bit? I only hit it briefly but was not wowed, so I am curious to hear your thoughts.

Cobra Bio Cell Hybrid Review Thread

Expand a bit? I only hit it briefly but was not wowed, so I am curious to hear your thoughts.

Just performed really well for me so far particularly from a launch standpoint for what I need in that slot. The shape does well for me/my-eye through impact as well with what I've been working on in my swing for the longer irons and into the hybrids.

Seems to have ample forgiveness for me to the toe side which is my issue with everything still thanks to some swing wrinkles I'm still trying to iron out too. I was really wowed by the 588 a lot and I honestly hit this better and further, plus I much prefer it to the Cell. I know the only real change from the cell was some weight shifting thanks to the Bio Cell implementation on the underside of the crown but it seems to launch better for me.

I know some will guffaw a little but at me bc of the MC tie, but I really had no intentions of booting the 588 from the bag until I got time with this one. Everyone's mileage will vary but I'm really pretty impressed. I'd like to kit it against some more of the options out there for sure, esp since w lessons I figured out how to hit a hybo consistently again :alien:

Good stuff. I only got about 9-10 swings with it, but will look at it again tomorrow. Thanks.

Good stuff. I only got about 9-10 swings with it, but will look at it again tomorrow. Thanks.

I don't know why, but I really like the shape a lot, it's strange really the way the eye works. I will say, I've not hit the stock shaft in it as this one was a shaftless delinquent when I "saved" it hahaha

Thank you vwry much for the info on these.
I went with some bafflers off of your recomendation and thaats where my love for cobra originated. Ive become a hybrid "guy" and definitely going to upgrade to the bio line.

Thank you vwry much for the info on these.
I went with some bafflers off of your recomendation and thaats where my love for cobra originated. Ive become a hybrid "guy" and definitely going to upgrade to the bio line.

Bafflers are SOOOOOO good off the deck. Maybe not as long, but crazy playable for most people.

Wow! That blue really pops! I really like the head shape and how it sits at address.

I am a little late to the party but I am intrigued by your guys thoughts so far. I really haven't spent anytime with any of Cobras line but these have me interested, as well as the rest of the Cell/+ line. My biggest problem with hybrids is when I miss out in the toe, I end up with a giant hook and it's something I have always struggled with, are you seeing some good forgiveness and making your misses minimal?

Bafflers are SOOOOOO good off the deck. Maybe not as long, but crazy playable for most people.

This is where my thoughts start to go. Except for wanting a long club past driver (2 hybrid, etc) - I don't care for length, it's all about filling a yardage spot and being playable both off deck & tee.

I didn't have much luck with the AC hybrid so looking forward to seeing if these get me off my "almost lock" for the Bafflers to make my bag.

Hit plenty of balls with this one today.

One thing to discuss that I was very curious about is the adjustability. Loft changes did have a visually noticeable affect on trajectory. Hard to gauge distance hitting out into a snow covered range, but the ball definitely flew higher at the highest loft setting. Also, that smart pad thing really does seem to work. I hate looking at closed faces, but the change to a higher loft didn't give me that look if I soled the club first. Still appeared very neutral. I don't know if I understand how that works, but it does.

Like I said, distance is hard to gauge on a snow covered range. My impression today was that it wasn't the longest hybrid out of the two I hit, but there was no big divide or anything and monitor testing earlier in the week showed this one was similar to the X2-Hot.

I don't know if I love the way it feels at impact. It's pretty good, but there are better out there. Toe balls especially feel pretty tinny and unsatisfying.

Good number of center impacts, but also some toe balls. As long as I didn't have the face closed down the toe balls were handled pretty well. Starting off right and basically drawing back to center or just left of center. A more closed face produced some bigger lefts, but it wasn't a common/recurring miss.

Trajectory ranged from mid-ish to mid-high in stock loft up to mid-high to high in the higher loft setting.

At address you can really see the loft of the face. Similar in way to the Covert Tour there. The lower profile face gives me a little more confidence that I can hit it well off the ground though.

Indoors vs outdoors thoughts are always interesting to me. In the end, I liked it. Can't say I loved it, but certainly enjoyed some aspects. The scarcity of the big left miss was attractive.

Thanks for your thoughts on this hawk. Do you think this out performs your Nike hybrid enough to take it out of your bag?

Honestly, I have no clue at this point. I haven't swung the Nike in close to three months and without really putting the Bio to work during a round I won't be able to make that call.

Honestly, I have no clue at this point. I haven't swung the Nike in close to three months and without really putting the Bio to work during a round I won't be able to make that call.

I fully understand Ryan. Hopefully next month we'll finally be able to get out on the course and you can see what the differences are.

No doubt man. This is the longest winter ever.

I freaking ADORE this hybrid. ZERO doubt I'm carrying two in the MC. Zero, zip, nada.

I need to get my hands on one of these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ended up buying the 2 hybrid today. It was a toss up between the adams pro and the bio cell. I got better distance numbers from the adams, but the dispersion was all over the board. The bio cell was close distance wise (5 to 10 yards off), but way more consistent shot group. I will be taking it to the course in the next few days, so I will see if the consistency is still there. Hopefully, if all goes well, I will add the 3 in the next week. Golf Galaxy has these on sale for 114.00 and I think that is a steal.

Keep us update Blynn. $114 is a steal.

Will do. I am excited. I hope it works. With the deals going on, I am going to try out the driver as well.

To add to the broken record I have already been.

Favorite club in my bag. Period.

So, from 205 to 220 I reach for my 23.5 without hesitation. Its something I haven't been able to say about a hybrid in a long time. Off the tee, off the deck, I can hit it high, low, in between...hell I even hit a draw ON PURPOSE today (big deal for those of you who know me well hahaha).

I know for a fact my lessons/practice plays a role in my re-founded hybo success, but it helps to pull a club and KNOW you can hit the shot you want to.

Back