50wyldeman

Reaction score
Handicap
25.6 GHIN
Well it would seem official, I believe my new ball will remain the e6. For the second time I managed to play the same 9 holes with one ball.
My swing speed is from 96~102 on average with the driver. Other than a bit of mud and my mark wearing out a bit you would have no idea the ball had been played a full side. I really am excited about that.
Things I have noticed

1) For whatever reason my drives seem to be more tolerable, meaning my absolutely horrific slice is now a nice true flight.
2) Distance seems to be about where it belongs for me, definitely believe I am not giving anything up with this ball.
3) I like the feel "around the greens"

My only negative is that I don't know why but putting wise my feel for distance was off and that is just not at all something I am used to. I believe I was just having a bad day putting wise.

Also of note on two holes I tried the 330-Rx and for me at least they didn't give me the positive results that I had with the e6, oddly enough they were the only two balls I lost all day.........

I also love that e6. I got a great deal on some Lethals from golfsmith ($26/doz) so I'm playing those for a while. Not as much sidespin resistance as the e6 but still a very good ball. I'll be playing the e6 again when the lethals run out :)

I've heard nothing but good things about the e6; however I've only tried the e5 and e7 (and wasn't blown away). Have you ever gone through a ball fitting? I haven't, but I hope to B-Fit in April when Bridgestone comes to my local golf shop.

I've played the e6 on and off since I was fit for it at one of the Bridgestone ball fitting/demo days. It's a great ball, and I don't know if it's a mental thing or not, but I definitely find more fairways with it than some of the other surlyn distance-type balls I've played.

Bridgestone makes awesome stuff and the E6 is my favorite e series ball.

Before getting hooked up with the Tour B330 thanks to thp the Bridgestone e6 was my ball of choice. They're durable great ball flights chunk up nice around the greens and could b had for a fair price. I keep a sleeve or 2 in my bag.

Congrats on finding the ball, Bridgestone seems to have something for everyone. Love the B330-RX myself but play the e-6 sometimes.

I LOVE the E6! Very comparable to the Q-Star IMO, which is another favorite and regular gamer of mine. I've been testing the new 330RX and that's really opened my eyes to the amount of control I can get around the greens, without messing with me too much off the tee. Is it enough to make me spend an extra $20 per dozen after I'm done testing? I don't know. The E6 gets me very solid results at a great price point, so I don't think you can go wrong.

All of my best rounds have come when I stuck with the e6 the entire time. I love how they fly off the driver, 3 metal, and the hybrids.

The longest drive I've ever had was with an e6.(299 yds)

The first time I chipped in from off the green was with an e6.

The first time got a hole in one was with the e6.(138 yd par3)

I still have all three balls.

I also love love that they are made in the US!

The e6 was my last ball that I needed to buy. Not only did I go by the recommendations here on THP, but I also went through the online B-Fit and they also said the e6 was the way to go for my style. Once I get more seasoned with my game I am going to do another B-Fit and see if the results change.

The E6 is a great ball if you just want to hit it straight. When I played the E6, I was hitting some of the straightest shots Ive ever hit. My problem was getting it to hold the greens. Theres nothing worse than hitting just the shot you envisioned, only to have it take 1 hop and go right off the back of the green. Thats why I play the B330-RX instead of the E6.

To this day.. This is still my favorite ball. It does everything I need it to do.

Price point is awesome. Best ball at that price in my opinion. Good choice.

I have been playing the E6 for several years now and can't see any reason to change. I have a high ball flight so I usually get a "drop and stop" result on my approach shots into the green and the feel off the putter is good. The price point is good too!

I've played the e6 a lot and like the ball. Well made and durable.

Id contend that the E5 is a better performing ball at that price point, simply because of the urethane cover. IMO, the E6 is a band-aid. Even still, its a great ball if you need a little helping hitting straighter shots.

All of my best rounds have come when I stuck with the e6 the entire time. I love how they fly off the driver, 3 metal, and the hybrids.

The longest drive I've ever had was with an e6.(299 yds)

The first time I chipped in from off the green was with an e6.

The first time got a hole in one was with the e6.(138 yd par3)

I still have all three balls.

I also love love that they are made in the US!
It's funny you mention keeping the non hole in one balls , I have here in a bag the ball I used last round that was the first time I ever used one ball for an entire side I marked the date and score on the bag. It's not as cool as some other accomplishments but for me (hopefully) it was the first of many milestones to come

Id contend that the E5 is a better performing ball at that price point, simply because of the urethane cover. IMO, the E6 is a band-aid. Even still, its a great ball if you need a little helping hitting straighter shots.

Band Aid?? If the e6 mantle layer is a band aid, so is every other 3 and 4 piece premium ball on the market that also feature the same anti-slice mantle layer (Beneath the Outer layer).

The e6 sounds like a ball I might want to try. Is there an equivalent ball in the B330 line that's also designed to reduce hooks/slices?

The e6 sounds like a ball I might want to try. Is there an equivalent ball in the B330 line that's also designed to reduce hooks/slices?

No, not really.

The e6 is a great ball. Not a band-aid either. Just a solid full swing performer that feels nice and soft.

The Bridgestone online ball fitting tool recommended the B330 RX. I think it may have some shot-straightening qualities similar to the e6.

Last edited:
It doesn't specifically address that. It is softer cored and the urethane cover will provide greenside spin though.

Back