The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wifi is out in the house. No clue what the issue is. Modem is on. Router is working. Computer etc show it's connected but nothing will load.

I'm freaking over computers as of late.

I've had the same thing going on for the last week or so. I called Time Warner and they said there was no outage in my area. After that they went with the fix all, unplug everything and plug it back in. I was like, yes thanks I've done that. So she asked me if I had done it today and if I had not, I should. Stellar customer service. So she said "I guess" we can send someone out but it will be a week and a half.

I've had the same thing going on for the last week or so. I called Time Warner and they said there was no outage in my area. After that they went with the fix all, unplug everything and plug it back in. I was like, yes thanks I've done that. So she asked me if I had done it today and if I had not, I should. Stellar customer service. So she said "I guess" we can send someone out but it will be a week and a half.

Time Warner. Alienating customers since . . . forever.

Figured it out. Spot with the cable goes in to the coax port is broken off on the inside of the modem.

Broken modem, no clue when a new one will be on its way to me.

Eff this noise.

Figured it out. Spot with the cable goes in to the coax port is broken off on the inside of the modem.

Eff this noise.

Coop strikes again?

Eff this noise.

Are you renting the modem from the cable company? If so, head to Best Buy and buy a modem. Take the modem back to the cable people and have them remove it from your bill.

I always just rented my modem and turned it in every year or so (or any time I happened to have to go and replace my dvr box!).

Are you renting the modem from the cable company? If so, head to Best Buy and buy a modem. Take the modem back to the cable people and have them remove it from your bill.

I always just rented my modem and turned it in every year or so (or any time I happened to have to go and replace my dvr box!).

Verizon has one on its way to me. Just called them, and they are sending it next day air and said its possible it could be here Monday night.

In the mean time, foxfi!

A miscommunication just exploded into something monstrous. Richard and I have had our arguments, but it still hurts when something is left unresolved. Going to the range to try and take my mind off of it.

A miscommunication just exploded into something monstrous. Richard and I have had our arguments, but it still hurts when something is left unresolved. Going to the range to try and take my mind off of it.

Hope everything is ok and works out buddy

In an attempt to turn a negative into a positive, this is the haul I am leaving my parents house with today. They have doubles and triples of all this stuff and it was time to clear it out.

ny6equma.jpg

In an attempt to turn a negative into a positive, this is the haul I am leaving my parents house with today. They have doubles and triples of all this stuff and it was time to clear it out.

ny6equma.jpg

Well you have one part of the equation figured out. The rest will come in time.

Water...it was magnetic today for me. 2 in on the first par 3 I had and then one more on the back 9. There goes a sleeve of B330's

I announced to the house that I was going to go take a 50 question online quiz for the class I'm taking now, and would be off in the spare room. Of course, 3 minutes into the quiz is when my daughter decided she ABSOLUTELY NEEDED to print out the homework she did over vacation and completed 3 days ago... So she spent the entire time I was attempting the quiz stomping in and out of the room, complaining about God knows what, and then my 8 year old decided he wanted in on the action.

I was about ready to jam a chair up against the doorknob.

I forgot how miserable it was to not have internet access.

Found out this morning that my daughter's babysitter has to have a full hysterectomy done next week. She had breast cancer last year and they got it but they noticed she had huge cysts in her ovaries that tested positive for cancer as well. I feel awful for her and her family but now my wife and I also need to find daycare for a full week and my wife's mother, who doesnt work on Mondays, wont take a 2 hour drive so she can spend time with her granddaughter. I am just really at a loss for words.

Found out this morning that my daughter's babysitter has to have a full hysterectomy done next week. She had breast cancer last year and they got it but they noticed she had huge cysts in her ovaries that tested positive for cancer as well. I feel awful for her and her family but now my wife and I also need to find daycare for a full week and my wife's mother, who doesnt work on Mondays, wont take a 2 hour drive so she can spend time with her granddaughter. I am just really at a loss for words.

The hits keep on coming eh Ricky?

Hit me up if you need someone to chat with.

Sorry to hear that dude. If you move to wonderful Ohio, Im sure my wife can help you out.

Hate to hear that, dude.

Have to go to the Dentist at 2 today because when they did my filling last time I guess there's some excess so its causing a gap issue between my teeth. Bad thing is it's a bottom tooth so my bottom ones are hard to get numb. Sometimes they start working on it and I can still feel it. Last time it took 5 shots around the tooth to finally get it all numb. Not looking forward to this.

These home warranty companies suck!

Dont tell me you are going to cover something fully 3 weeks ago, then when its time to pay me back you end up shorting me and are now trying to claim Im not getting fully reimbursed as you had advised.

Getting sick......of course....I leave for Texas in 4 days.

Getting sick......of course....I leave for Texas in 4 days.

That sucks. My wife got hit with a stomach bug last night and I'm scared I'm going to get struck down with it too... And leaving for Dallas in two days makes the timing really suck.

My daughter was born with a large birthmark on her face, starting on her forehead and going down the side of her nose to her upper lip. From the ages of 2-5 she had laser surgeries up at Children's Hospital in Boston to help get rid of it. The aftermath of the surgeries are heavy bruising for about a week and a half. When she was a little kid, it wasn't a big deal. However, now that she's 13 she asked if she could have more treatments, as the birthmark has started to get darker as she's aged (which was expected).

Her first treatment this go-around was before Christmas, so by the time she was back in school after vacation the bruising had pretty much faded. Her second one was last Tuesday, so the bruising is still pretty evident, plus she has to keep that area coated with gel to protect it. She was really worried about school today, her first day back after vacation with the bruising, but I told her not to worry about it and gave her some advice on what to do if anyone said anything.

Sure enough, like 5 kids said something to her. All boys, might I add. Most were fairly innocent, but one kid literally yelled out in the classroom "Hey what the BLEEP happened to your face? That's disgusting!" and she was so embarrassed she got up and left the room. While she was out, the teacher absolutely laid into that kid and sent him off to the office, but the damage was done, and my daughter's been upset since. I just absolutely hate feeling like this. I cannot stand it. My wife and I did our best to soothe her, and she knows that the majority of kids don't mean ill will when they ask her about it, or say something. It's those one or two jerks that get to her, and now she's concerned about school tomorrow with other kids she didn't see today.

GAH.

Russ they actually have a makeup for that stuff now if you think she might be interested in that stuff. I guess my gf had to use it when she was younger she is trying to look up what it is now. I hate that people would treat her like that at that age. So sorry to hear she is upset.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

Thankfully (and maybe this should be in the HHJJ thread), my wife told me this morning that last night at my daughter's Lifeteen program at church, a number of her friends went up to her to tell her not to let any of the comments bother her, and they'd "take care of" anyone who so much looked at her the wrong way. That really boosted her spirits up, she was noticeably happier when she came home last night. Sometimes as parents, we can say and do all we want, but some kindness from your kids' friends goes a lot further :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back