Wearing Sunglasses While Playing Golf

mikeg_74

2015 Grandaddy | 2019 Grandaddy AssCap
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
11ish
Watching golf on TV this weekend I noticed many of the professionals do not wear sunglasses while they are hitting their shots. Many will put them on walking between shots, but see them put them on their hats when going to hit a shot.

I'm a sunglasses all the time guy and remove them only when I am putting. Of course if it's cloudy and the sun is not out I won't use them, but more often than not I will have them on.

For those of us on here that wear sunglasses are they on all the time? Do you take them off when you hit your shot?

I was a licensed optician for a decent period of time in CA and I used to tell golfers all the time that they had to protect their eyes from the sun. Do I do it now? No, and I'm a little disappointed in myself because of that. I've put on some of the M frame type Oakley's and pretty much forgotten they were on mid way through a round.

I was just like you in that I wore them all the time except for putting. I don't think they actually effected my putting but it made me feel better to remove them.

I dont like to wear sunglasses while playing but if there is a glare issue I will do it in a heartbeat. I do have to take them off while putting though.

I wear mine just about every time on the golf course. At times, I will take them off while putting.

Once I put mine on, Im not taking them off for anything

I typically just wear a hat when playing. I have pretty sensitive eyes and end up squinting most of my round. I wish I could find a good pair of sunglasses to wear when playing, but I tend to have issues during my swing when rotating my head that the ball will move from lighter to darker which really screws me up.

I wear sunglasses all the time. I probably see better with them on.

I always wear sunglasses while playing, it helps my allergies by keeping stuff out of my eyes. I have a pair with lighter tinted lenses to help when it isn't too bright out.

Yes, I wear them most of the time. I have bad eyes with or without them, but I figure I might as well protect what I have.

I typically just wear a hat when playing. I have pretty sensitive eyes and end up squinting most of my round. I wish I could find a good pair of sunglasses to wear when playing, but I tend to have issues during my swing when rotating my head that the ball will move from lighter to darker which really screws me up.

Costa Del Mars.

Wearing Sunglasses While Playing Golf

I wear sunglasses when ever I am outside even if it's cloudy out unless it's resin light. My eyes are sensitive and sunglasses are a must for me. I also always wear a hat yrs of life guarding and lots of time on the lake taught me to wear both.

Occasionally I will take off my glasses for a shot but it's not that common.

I can't do it while I play. The lenses zoom a little and it throws things off.

I wear my RX glasses all the time, they have transition lenses, so I guess I wear sunglasses all the time, I couldn't play if I didn't!

I wear sunglasses almost everytime I play in the summer.

My buddy JeffReed gave me the nickname Tay-Bans because I always golf in my raybans

I wear glasses but carry clip on's for when I need them. When I golf I will only put them on if the sun is interfering with my shot, otherwise it's off.

I wear either Tiffosi or Smith sunglasses usually with yellow lenses. My sport glasses must have interchangeable lesnes for all the different lighting conditions and must fit snug on my head.

I don't know why, might be strictly a mental thing, but I don't like wearing sunglasses when I play.

I wear a couple of different pairs of sunglasses, depending on the sun. I'll wear sunglasses more often than not. I don't always take them off when I putt, but will if I'm catching a glare or feel I can read the green better with them off.

I have my Oakley Fast Jackets on with the G30 lenses for every round. The lenses dont affect reading greens at all, and its a rare sight to catch me with them on my hat.

Last edited:
I have to wear sunglasses when I play or I will have a headache within minutes. Curse of having sensitive eyes.

Watching golf on TV this weekend I noticed many of the professionals do not wear sunglasses while they are hitting their shots. Many will put them on walking between shots, but see them put them on their hats when going to hit a shot.

I'm a sunglasses all the time guy and remove them only when I am putting. Of course if it's cloudy and the sun is not out I won't use them, but more often than not I will have them on.

For those of us on here that wear sunglasses are they on all the time? Do you take them off when you hit your shot?

No. I play golf two ways: with sunglasses on, or without. I rarely, if ever change that during the round. once they are on, they stay on (unless it gets crazy and starts storming, but even then, the lenses are light enough to function in the cloudy weather).

I wear them all the time when it is sunny, but play better when I don't have them on. Since I live in Ohio, I am able to play without them most of the year.

I prefer not to wear sunglasses when I am hitting, but sometimes wear them between shots

My shades have prescription lenses in them, and I'm pretty blind without correction of some kind. Only reason I'd take them off is to put on my regular glasses.

I rarely wear sunglasses, but when I do, I don't take them off to hit.

Back