Where do you make your golf purchases?

mikedean441

6X HOF
Reaction score
Handicap
In a given year we all make our fair share of golf purchases. Where do you tend to do the buying of your buying for Equipment?

Directly from OEM
Brick and Mortar Golf Stores
Online Retailers
Ebay
THP Marketplace
Craigslist
Other

For me its a mix of the marketplace and ebay primarily.

Anywhere I can get a deal. My wife hates when I go shopping because I will stand in the store chexking online retailers to make sure I get a deal. I rarely pay full price for anything.

Ebay for components/accessories and an online store out of Oregon (no tax and free shipping) for new clubs.

mostly ebay or some end of season clearance

Last edited:
I buy 95% of my equipment here at a store here in town. I have only bought used they always let me take stuff out and hit it before I trade in.

Mainly online retailers or here in the marketplace.

Online/ebay/THP

Everywhere

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Depends on what I want and how soon I want it. Balls, tees and things that like I will go to Golf Galaxy. I'll occasionally buy a club from there if they have a sale. I have a select few sellers on eBay I deal with for most of my clubs.

Online most anymore, and I will do my shopping before I purchase. I once went to a store to try on a specific cleat for softball, saw there price, then went online and bought them from the SAME store (online instead) for their discounted price....which they wouldn't honor in store even though they saw the same thing. P.S. Wal-Mart does this, too.

Ebay for sure. The prices just cannot be beat at times.

Ebay, Walmart, thp marketplace

Ebay, THP and big box stores (on occasion).

One of three places: GolfSmith, Global Golf, and PGA Superstore

I tend to get my stuff from a local independent shop by me. I'd rather make my purchases there over a Golfsmith/Golf Galaxy just because I'm supporting a local guy. Not to mention he'll almost always match whatever deal the big guys have going on. I'll pick up something on Ebay if it's something I don't mind buying used. I tend to buy bulk of golf balls off of there.

Are you talking about Fiddler's or somewhere else?
Ebay for components/accessories and an online store out of Oregon (no tax and free shipping) for new clubs.

Marketplace/Ebay.

Haven't bought clubs from brick&mortar in almost 2 years.

Online or Dicks Sporting Goods usually.

I ended making an acquaintance out of an ebay seller, he has been able to provide deals on clubs for the most part.

Impulse buy: Golfsmith
Thought out buy (New): Discount Dans
Used: eBay

If I'm ordering new, current year clubs that can't be discounted anywhere, I'll often order them through my club. If I'm ordering something custom fitted, I buy from the fitter, or sometimes directly from the manufacturer. I have bought from on line pro shops and ebay on occasion.

I buy 90% of my stuff from my home course. As members we get a great discount, top (often more than the PGA value guide) dollar for trade ins and I can demo anything and everything on the course for as long as I want before I buy. I also want my money going into the pocket of a friend (and little guy by todays standards) over some box store than could care less about me and my game.

Primarily trades from the THP marketplace!

I have two online retailers that I deal with

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back