How do you mark your golf ball to identify it?

As long as no one else in the group is playing the same ball, I usually don't mark it at all.

I have a few tin cup stencils: shamrock, howl at the moon, out of bounds, smiley face, bomb, and the THP one. I rotate them all throughout the box.

I red marker the number, I line the model, and I THP tin cup mark it!

An orange dot just to the right and below the Chevron.

I have a palm tree tin cup

When I was playing the V1x, I would order ALL #7's, then put "00" in front of the red number in red. You could tell it was my ball from 10 yards away most of the time without any problems. And it worked well with my Bond ball marker.

Now, I put a red dot in the 4 o'clock position to the number, something I did all while playing junior golf and pre-ProV days. I 99% of the time do not have an issue with anyone else I'm playing with.

How do you mark your golf ball?

Let's Go!....HOKIES!!! (Sorry, I had to do that)

I mark my ball with the roman numeral 3 as my father was the 3rd and it puts my mind at ease while I'm playing. I also have a green alignment line that I use when putting.

Let's see, I use a blue Sharpy to make a lightning bolt. So my ball is the 'Blue Bolt'. Don't ask me why, I have no idea where I came up with that...

I fill in three dimples with a silver sharpie just below and to the right of the number. Depending on how the logo and number are placed on the ball, the three dimples usually point towards 4 or 5 o'clock.

If I am the only one in my group playing yellow I usually don't even bother other wise I usually just circle the number with a black Sharpie that is highly visible when I approach my ball.

This is me. I'm usually the only yellow, but if not, there's a guy that plays the yellow Titleist which looks completely different so it's easy. If not, I'm usually the only one playing Bridgestone, so again, easy.
If I have to mark, I usually go around the ball where the alignment line is.

I have been playing the Yellow Z-Stars for awhile now and I put a dot on each end of the Srixon.

I used a yellow ball last season, but still marked it. Guess old habits are hard to break.
In high school, we all used to play the same ball; coach handed out a sleeve before the matches. So we all had to come up with a unique way to identify our balls. And avoid confusion and arguments between teenagers.
Then, when the ProV craze hit, nearly everyone I played with used them. There would be times that we would have 3 #3's in play at once.
I've stayed with the same red dot lower left of the number for nearly 30 years.

Put two chevrons and a rocker with the Callaway chevron so it looks like Staff Sergeant rank.

There's a pretty huge thread on this here, but in the meantime, this is how I mark my balls

9C1DB493-B266-46FB-9D5D-AFB24459BE17-6117-0000066C702BE2AD.jpg

A little simple shoutout to my Country and I think it looks awesome.

rarely do I ever mark my ball

Three green dots anywhere

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Frog tin cup using green marker for body and red for eyes. Red eye tree frogs hate water. :banghead: Time to get froggy.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Most of the time I don't mark my ball because no one in my group is playing the same ball. But on the rare occasion that they are, I will circle the number of the ball.

Initials and a bear paw.

Two orange dots, one on each side of the number of the ball.

either a smiling face or 4:13 representing my favorite scripture

A KS to left of each number.

Depends. I've got a couple of tin cup stencils that I use when I have the time... The Jolly Roger (my FIL has this too, which can be confusing)

950F6870-9792-4411-A48F-055BD59CE0EB-151-00000003DAF7BD70_zps8356b239.jpg

A THP one.

8759089B-833D-483D-8BBA-E3402C729D77-3370-00000131930E91C5_zps8715a4d8.jpg

Otherwise I just use my standard three blue dots by each logo (see the ball on the right). I've been adding putting lines for a while. It really helps me trust my line.

IMG_0883_zps89812578.jpg

Mine is simple, three dots in a triangle, or when I get bored I do this:

kuva5e.jpg

Usually during the spring I've got smiley balls, since I get bored a lot during the winter.

Alinment mark plus one dot below the right side of the number

Back