The one shot you will remember forever

It was the third 18 hole round of golf I had ever played and my fourth time on a golf course. My dad and I were playing at Woodloch Pines and I was playing really badly since I just started. We get to the 14th hole which is the signature hole there called hell's gate gorge. Its a 225 yard carry to the fairway from the tips. Since we were by ourselves and no one was behind us we moved to the tips. My dad then told me he would give me $100 if I cleared the gorge. At this point none of my tee shots had gone over 100 yards in the air. I hit a perfect tee shot and I can hear my dad cursing in the background. I watched the flight with a smile only to see and hear the ball strike the top of the retaining wall at the other end of the gorge. The ball went straight up and down on the wrong side of the wall. We get to the other side and we can see my ball a foot short of the wall. I just had to laugh.

Best pressure shot I've ever seen. Dude, 6 inches? That was MAYBE 3 inches! I thought it was going in!!

Edit: I just watched the video... Ok 6 inches. But man what a shot!!

Video you say? Could you possibly post a link or PM it to me? I would really like to see it. That's so awesome it was on video!

I would like to say I really enjoyed reading this thread.

My most memorable shot was a few months ago at Silverstone here in Vegas. Longest par 5 in Nevada at 653 yards and even though we didn't play it from the tips, it was playing pretty long because we had a fairly strong wind in our faces. I had never gotten par or better for this hole even when we had the wind at our backs previous to this(usually my ball goes for a swim in the lake short and left of the green on the 3rd shot) My tee shot went further left than I would have wanted and for the second shot I had to hit a draw around some trees to find the right side of the fairway near the 150 marker. I executed the shot exactly how I had imagined. But as when we got there I was still away. I had about 165 into the wind to a front pin location, I pulled a 5 hybrid because I usually hit it 185 and thought I could get it to the middle of the green. I felt like I had plenty of club in my hand so I swung it nice and easy which is probably why I found the sweet spot. I hit it flush and have only felt this good about a few shots in my life! I twirled the club, I was walking after it, all the stuff I see the pros do on TV. That's how good it felt. The ball never left the flag, I heard the player behind me say "great shot!" I was surprised to see it land short of the hole but the wind was gusty. It rolled a few feet and stopped less than a foot short. Tapped in for birdie on the way to one of the best rounds of my life.

My usual playing partner and I were paired with some random low HCers that both were just awesome people aside from their amazing golf skills. We eventually found out that one of them "used to follow around the senior tour" whatever that means, but he was the best golfer I've ever played with. I learned a lot that day about course management thanks to some great advice. I will always smile when I remember that day. Not just for the great shots and scores but the great company. Thanks for reminding me.

The video is on page 1 of this thread

I have 2 hole outs from 150+

But my 6 iron from 190 on the 18th hole at my local course was memorable.

Eagle on the par 4 2nd at the little public 9 holer I played growing up back in the early 90s. Holed out from about 130 or so. Green was elevated, so me and my buddy spent probably 15 minutes (empty course, closed now i believe) looking over the back side and down the hill for my ball. Buddy walks over and looks in the hole and there it was.

14 years old and drove my first par 4. The opening hole at the course reading 326 yards. I will always remember watching it roll up the green the group in front of us was astonished to see a ball on the green and a kid on the tee box. The cherry on top was it was with my dad and two older brothers.

2nd round of my life.....had a wicked slice-o-matic. it was a par 4.....second shot.....played my slice....ball rolls in off the fariway.....tracks to the hole and goes it!!!! my first eagle ever!!!! I was hooked after that~

In a two man tourney me and my partner were in the left trees with 120 yards to the green. The team we were playing had hit their second shots from the fairway but I couldn't see where they ended up. Our only opening was about 60 degrees straight up. I grabbed a sand wedge and swung it as hard as I possibly could making sure to keep my head dead still. I absolutely killed it. The ball rocketed straight up just nicking a couple of leaves as it cleared the trees.

I had no idea where it went but I looked out to the fairway and the guys we were playing were saying something to each other and one just said nice shot. As we walked out of the trees I saw two balls on the green. One about a foot away and the other about 8 feet away. I asked which one was ours and without saying a word one of the guys just walked on the green picked up the ball by the hole with the back of his putter and tossed it to us. They missed the 8 footer.

They got us back (and won the match) 5 holes later by chipping in for an eagle on the 16th hole and we then missed our 15 foot eagle putt.

My tee shot on Saturday of last year's Morgan Cup, it is burned into my memory for ever, such an awesome memory.

Can't think of just 1. But these have been memorable to me.

#1 - Opening tee shot in the first event of it's kind. Reunion Resort 2011 Morgan Cup
#2 - Shot from Fairway Bunker on 16 on the Watson Course to close out a match
#3 - Not 1, but the back to back crazy recovery shots at Caledonia in a match against Breezy and Smallville. One from a hazard on a par 3 that was a conceded par, and the other a long iron from the trees that had no business landing within 15 feet.
#4 - Long putt to win a hole and get back to 1 down on 15 at True Blue. Was pretty cool because there were a lot of people around the green.

Two stick out and both happened this past September and October.

1st-Hole in one: Explains itself
2nd and probably my favorite: Playing against a good friend, him and I always battle it out when we get together. Real competitive and involved in the match. After the first nine I was up by 6 strokes. He was certain he had a comeback in him. He took a stroke from me on number 10 and then he hit a good drive on 11. My drive went left and short, leaving me about 230 out and needing a cut shot. I pulled an iron to layup, then went back and grabbed by hybrid. Played a perfect cut shot, around the tree from out of the rough and stuck it to 10 feet of the back pin location. The match never got any closer and I ended up shooting a 75, my personal best.

I will also always remember my miracle pond skip/bank/ricochet GIR when playing with Mitch. He even drew up a stick-figure recreation to commemorate it.

Farmstead Golf Links near Myrtle Beach. 18 is a par 6 that starts in SC and ends in NC. Hole was playing 755 into the wind when we got on the tee. Hit driver, 5 wood, and then an absolute perfect 3 wood over water to get on the green in 3 to about 20 feet. About 20 guys on the porch of the clubhouse saw it and were clapping as we pulled up. The 3 footer I had coming back for birdie was one of the most nerve wracking putts I ever made.

My first hole in one at Lake Jonesco golf course. It was a slam dunk at the short par 3 #5 hole :golf2:

I've had a lot of nice shots over the course of my golf career, but rarely have they been in pressure moments. I think those pressure moments are what make shots really special, and I think back to the Morgan Cup last year for a shot I'll remember forever.

Round one, 17th hole, an incredible match between WBCM, myself, BuckJob, and TBT. We were in a bit of trouble on the left side of the green, on a hill that sloped down towards the hole and our opponents were in tight for a really good look at birdie to go one up in the match. I knew we had to do something special, and I managed to pull the floppasaurus of my life, dropping one into nearly the perfect spot and walking away with a gimme par to keep the matched even.

It's on video, and it's on YouTube. I'm not going to link the entire thing and I'm sure it's tough to find in there, but every once in a while I let that round video run so i can watch something I still can't believe I pulled off. What an incredible experience to share that with millions of viewers.

I changed my mind. Let's get a link going AT the moment.

Last edited:
Par 3 3rd at Rheinblick in Germany, maybe my 5th round every playing was for the Battalion scramble. Par 3 4th was the closest to the pin competition. Hit a 7 iron 120 yards to within 5' for my first birdie and the closest to the pin winner.

Definitely the shot that I still think about in terms of getting me hooked on golf.

I've had a lot of nice shots over the course of my golf career, but rarely have they been in pressure moments. I think those pressure moments are what make shots really special, and I think back to the Morgan Cup last year for a shot I'll remember forever.

Round one, 17th hole, an incredible match between WBCM, myself, BuckJob, and TBT. We were in a bit of trouble on the left side of the green, on a hill that sloped down towards the hole and our opponents were in tight for a really good look at birdie to go one up in the match. I knew we had to do something special, and I managed to pull the floppasaurus of my life, dropping one into nearly the perfect spot and walking away with a gimme par to keep the matched even.

It's on video, and it's on YouTube. I'm not going to link the entire thing and I'm sure it's tough to find in there, but every once in a while I let that round video run so i can watch something I still can't believe I pulled off. What an incredible experience to share that with millions of viewers.

I changed my mind. Let's get a link going AT the moment.
Where is it in the video?

It has to be my HIO. It came at a hole called The Devil, officially on the scorecard at 224 (I believe) but the box was at least 10 yards back. It has a big embankment left and a steep drop off right, plus sand on 3 sides. There is a big huge tree on the left side of the fairway that obstructs your view of the hole just a touch. Just a brutal, brutal hole. I hit 3 hybrid and never saw it past the tree. We couldn't find my ball anywhere. I stopped by the hole "just in case" while walking to the back bunker, where I thought it probably was. I will never forget the shock and excitement of seeing that beautiful ball and realizing what it meant. It was pure luck but nobody can take it away from me :)

Last edited:
My hole-in-one, for sure.

It was January 3, 2001. I was 11 years old at the time and we had a 2-hour frost delay. I hit a 6-iron from 105, it one hopped and went in. It was just me and my dad and I was ecstatic.

Albatross on Hole 10 at Vanity Fair Country Club in Monroeville, AL. Monster of a drive, delightful six iron and a lot of luck.

I can still see the ball rolling from the top tier to the bottom tier and then disappear.

The one shot you will remember forever

7th Grade...... Playing in a Work Scramble with my dad at the Blue Monster. This was 2 weeks before the tournament there....

We were on the 9th Hole and I hit a shot to the middle of the green.... It hits and releases towards a back pin. It rolls up, nicks off the pin and comes to rest less than an inch from the hole. The Hole N One prize was $25k....

The cool part about it was that Greg Norman happened to be on the patio and saw my shot. He screamed out to me and said that was one heck of a shot kid.

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Has to be the hole in one a couple years ago. Just an awesome shot to watch as it held the line, landed just short of the hole and rolled in like it was meant to.

30 years ago.

220 yd par 3.
Elevated tee and green.
3-iron hit front of green rolled over the hole, stopped 10 feet beyond.

When we got to the green the ball was directly in line with the flag and where I teed the ball up. Of course that doesn't mean anything since flight isn't perfectly straight, but we all had a god laugh over it.

(Besides the tee shot on The Old Course...)

City Championship, probably circa 2000. Just lipped a birdie putt on 12 and was a little steamed. Had the honors and knocked one down the middle on 13. Sat back in the cart, grab a snickers and took a big bite. We'll call him Rick hits a tee shot just 5 yards left of mine, looks at me, and says "think I mighta gotten ya big boy!" We roll down the fairway, find the others, end up at our balls. Rick looks over and says "Yup, you're away. I got ya!!!" I had about 265 up over a hill to a tiny green. Could only see the top of the actual flag. I hit the purest 3 wood ever and it was tracking. While in the air, I gave it a "get in the hole. When walking back to the cart, I thought I mumble it, but guess I said it a little louder "Go get THAT!" Rick tops his next shot. Then pull hooks one about a hundred yards. Duffs the next. Puts the next one in a bush. He's a 4, so this is completely out of character for him, and we still aren't over the hill yet. I have no idea where my ball is and the clock is ticking. We finally hit the crest and I'm 6" behind the cup. OH yeah, going to remember that one for some time. (Btw, Rick and I still play together every now and then, and he'll bring up that shot every once in awhile, so I know he remembers it too!)

Back