The one shot you will remember forever

170 Yard par 3 at a local course. Hit a nice shot and knew it instantly. Walked up to see my divot 2 inches directly right of the hole. Ball rolled out about a foot past it.

I have made a few chips, but nothing has brought so much excitement as that shot.

I think this thread could be titled, "Why we keep playing this sport." :)

One of my favorites was a putt on a three tier par 3 years ago that I made for birdie. My friend was up 2. The hole was 150 yards or so which we both missed. My friend hit his chip to within a foot. I had hit it short and was on the front fringe, with the pin in the back on the lowest tier. I took the 50-ish foot putt and had a long while to watch it roll every which way since it broke many times, as it came to a crawl and just dropped in the right side edge.

The best part was watching my friend's face go from an, "I just won this hole!" smile to a "How did you make that putt?" shocked look.

Palm Springs at the Marriott. Drained a shot from around 184 yds. as per the gps in the cart. I've drained 5-6 shots from around 150 yds and in over the years (no hole in ones...dammit), but this was the furthest.

I got a few

1.Holing out from inside 100 for a eagle on a par 5.
2.Draining a put from the drop zone at the MC #3 TB, calmed the nerves down
3.#15 True Blue Sunday singles, nothing fancy just a 7I I believe to like 20 feet. However with the match dormie it forced my opponent to go for it in 2 which he didnt make it. Lead to me winning the match and the raw emotion I felt after that is something I will never forget

Morgan cup round 1 this past year. 18th hole true blue baby. Nothing else comes close

Morgan Cup in 2013, Hole #14 on Sunday. Par 3. Icey has me Dormie and I need to at least par this hole to keep the match going. I step up. It's playing like 138 yards so I pull my 8 iron, put a wicked swing on the ball and stick it to like 6ft. Icey hits his shot to probably 25-30 ft. So he is out, he putts it down to about 4 ft and then makes the putt for par. So I know going into my birdie putt that I have to make this to keep the match alive. I step up, take a deep breath and drain it for a birdie to push the match to 15. Camera caught it all too which was awesome.

I know I have a few but one that's close to my heart is the MB invitational a few years ago. Coming to #18 in the fairway at True Blue I grab my wedge and stick it to two feet in front of the groups that had finished. Thankfully I was lucky enough to be partnered up with V.Man and end up winning

For me it was on the 18th hole at my home course. It's a par 3, 165 yards uphill. I had never broken 80 in my life and was +7 heading to the 18th. There's OB long and right and two 10+ feet deep bunkers on the left. I was real nervous even though I only needed double to break 80. Took out a 7 iron and hit an absolute perfect, baby draw to 10 feet from the pin. It was the first time that I knew I was finally going to achieve that long sought after goal of breaking 80. I pretty much ran up to the green and wound up 2 putting for par and a 77.

My first hole-in-one. It came the day after I shot my lowest score ever, in August of 1989. Both accomplishments happened on the second weekend of the 72 hole Club Championship that year, and I don't remember a single shot of that low round but I can replay the Ace in my head just like it was yesterday.

The Ace was on the 17th hole of the final round, and I was leading my flight by several strokes, thanks to the 73 I shot the day before. I finished with a 78 (those 2 rounds were the first 2 times I ever broke 80), but the $1200 I got from the hole-in-one pot was the crowning glory.

I hit a 400+ yard drive once on a par 5.

Hit driver off the tee, which hit a concrete yardage marker in the center of the fairway and rocketed straight forward. When it came back down, the cart path crossed over in front of a small gully and it landed on the cart path and again went forward over the gully. I had 110 yards into the green for my 2nd shot.

It was a 6 foot par putt. 2007 - 18th hole Pebble Beach back left hole location. I had bounced just over the green into the second cut with my approach and then chipped back on to 6 feet.
I had to back off from the putt when I started thinking about all the tour players that had that exact putt over the years. I stepped back, looked out at the ocean, took a big breath, went through my preshot routine and sunk it.
I will admit, a tear formed in the corner of my eye when it went in. That will be forever burned into my memories. I can never thank my lovely wife enough for that trip for my 50th birthday.

During my first summer of playing golf, I hacked up the first five holes of the course to the point of utter frustration. Stood on the 6th tee, a par three, and just swung away and hit a pure 8i to 2 ft for my first ever birdie. Played well enough for the rest of the round for it to be my best round at that point in time. Will never forget that first bird.

As a teen, I hit a blind fairway wood over a small rise pin high, about 200 yards away. My grandfather ran up the hill to see where it landed, turned around, and said that one of the best, if not the luckiest, shots he'd ever seen.

I've never come close to replicating that. I almost don't want to, because I don't know if I could describe the way I felt when my grandpa said that. Corny, I know, but it's probably my fondest memory of him.

The one shot you will remember forever

Mine is my shot second round alternate shot with Tyno in MC 2013. Hole 9 I think. It was a short par 3 about 85 yards if I remember right. I had struggled with my TR wedges earlier in the round and banished them to the bag. So I took my ACP GW, put a 3/4 swing on it. Had a nice flight hit the green. Rolled out about a foot and stopped about 4' from the hole. I will never forget it cuz it was during one of my golf events of a lifetime. Plus it was a tough shot while being filmed on camera. I felt like I was a pro. I hit lots of good shots but that one will stand out forever!

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Where is it in the video?

My shot on #9 comes at about 55 minutes in
Canadan's incredible flop shot comes at 1:29 minutes
and WCBM's dagger to our heart comes at 1:33 minutes

says alot that all of us listed shots from that match as our most memorable....that was a great match with 3 great guys.

What you don't see of Dan's flop was WCBM hit the same shot and it runs 15 feet past....that was a REALLY tough shot

First eagle on #16 at Sebastian Hills outside Jamestown, Ohio. Had played in a morning scramble then joined some buddies for another 18 so it was the 34th hole of the day. Hit my 2nd shot over the green then hit a wedge up the hill and back in the cup.

Second eagle: #1 at the Wilmington Elks. Hit a drive to the right of the fairway and hit over some mounds onto the green. Didn't see it but found the ball in the cup.

All-time shot. Epic back & forth battle with my best competitor in my regular group. We went to 18 tied. I smashed a perfect drive over the hill, past the 150 marker and was around a 100 yards out. My buddy popped his drive up and was left with 190 yards or so. Looking good for me. Danny then hits a blind 6 iron pin high to the right side of the green and has a decent look at birdie ,about 20 feet. Needing to stick one close, I hit a Nike One Vapor with my 54 degree wedge. Perfect contact, it hits a foot or so short of the pin, hops up & kisses the pin. It drops next to the pitch mark and spins in place for a second before coming to rest for a tap in bird. My buddy's birdie just missed and I beat him by a stroke. E-P-I-C!!!

probably my 6i fade from behind trees onto the green to 12 feet on the 18th hole at the Idaho Club. the only time I've ever gotten a fade to actually work correctly.

Hit my first ever eagle today at South Shore in Las Vegas, hole #7. Short par four and I hit my drive in the right rough with a blind shot to the elevated green. Had 112 to the hole and hit a soft wedge and watched the ball disappear. When we approached the green I couldn't see the ball and figured I hit it into the bunker, as usual. We walked by the home and there it was, I was absolutely ecstatic. This is why I love the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back