adidas Golf Introduces puremotion Tour Apparel Collection

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Precision Fit Pieces Provide Enhanced Comfort and Minimal Restriction during Play

Carlsbad, Calif. (February 24, 2014) – adidas Golf, an industry leader in innovation, technology and performance footwear and apparel, has announced the release of the new puremotion Tour apparel collection, designed with the golfer’s body in mind to deliver maximum performance with minimal restriction during the swing.

Reimagining the fit, feel and performance of tour-proven apparel, adidas Golf designers utilized high-performance, maximum-stretch, moisture-wicking fabrics developed to keep golfers cool in warmer conditions. adidas Golf Tour staff professional Dustin Johnson debuted the puremotion Tour collection at the Hyundai Tournament of Champions in January, and the rest of the adidas Golf tour stable will be outfitted in the collection throughout the 2014 PGA TOUR and LPGA season.

“During tournaments, I want apparel that’s not just comfortable, it also needs to work with my swing to allow my body to work the way I need,” said Dustin Johnson, eight-time PGA TOUR winner. “puremotion apparel is incredibly lightweight and fits great. It moves with my body and keeps me cool, and that allows me to concentrate on my game.”

Untitled-L.jpg

Utilizing advanced engineering technologies throughout the development process, puremotion Tour polos provide a bonded, precision fit designed to keep athletes distraction-free and swinging to their fullest potential throughout the course of play.

“Everything we build is validated on the PGA TOUR by the best golf professionals in the world. If we can build product that performs to their exacting standards, we know amateurs around the world will see and feel the benefits,” said Davide Mattucci, Director, Global Apparel Product Marketing for adidas Golf. “We need to assure that the technology we build into all of our products enhances performance, but stays out of the way and allows our pros to focus on their swing and nothing else.”

The puremotion Tour collection includes four men’s polos and two women’s polos with an MSRP ranging from $70-$90 USD. At retail now, visit adidasgolf.com to view the entire puremotion Tour collection and the rest of the adidas Golf range featuring puremotion technology.

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but it seems Adidas as a bunch of different "lines" yet they all look very similar.

Tech will be solid without question, but their styling just let's me down.

Tech will be solid without question, but their styling just let's me down.
Agreed, I'd love to see little more flair, for lack of a better word.

I struggle with Adidas shirts and their style. They had a few lines I liked but for the most part their designs are so so. I cant argue with the tech or feel but most styles fall short

I feel like the have made some changes, I used to really like like them but have not seen much I have loved the last 2 years

Every Adidas shirt I've ever tried on has the fit of an old bag so have never been a fan. If these have a better fit, then that's a step in the right direction, although I don't fancy paying $90 for an Adidas shirt.

I struggle with Adidas shirts and their style. They had a few lines I liked but for the most part their designs are so so. I cant argue with the tech or feel but most styles fall short

I agree, especially considering the style changes and improvements by their competitors

I'll disagree, I like just the plain colors, or simple 3 stripes, the new stuff is far too loud and too busy for me. I've seen shirts I like but the logos are too big, the shirts have too much going on.

Every Adidas shirt I've ever tried on has the fit of an old bag so have never been a fan. If these have a better fit, then that's a step in the right direction, although I don't fancy paying $90 for an Adidas shirt.

I was going to say the same thing. Adidas shirts never seem to fit me right and their style is pretty boring for the retail prices. I can't remember the last time I paid retail price for a polo.

I actually really liked Day's Sunday shirt. I would sport that in a second, but I tend to agree that they really jumped the shark in the last couple seasons.

I wish they would bring some flair to their line.

Back