2014 Bridgestone B330 Golf Balls Review Thread

Ha! I gave a guy who works for me a sleeve I picked up at the LA Golf show, he's hooked. Great timing!

Mid irons with the Bridgestone RX balls:

I absolutely love these balls with my 5 - 7 irons. I hit some quality shots today where I could see these balls in action. I could have taken a few pics of how the ball landed soft and stopped within two or three feet of the pitch mark however those who have played these, know what I speak of. I didn't see any spin back however I had two ball marks on elevated greens where the balls were a good five to seven feet below the pitch mark. I'm not accurate enough to point and shoot but for those who are, these dawgs will hunt :thumb:. The feel of these coming off a well struck shot is addicting.

Chipping: I really want to spin a good deal of time around the greens to work with these on chipping and I will do so. I'm waiting for the grass to come out and the ground to dry. It has been nothing but soggy flat lies lately and I personally refuse to write a review on this kind of turf. More coming as I am saving two sleeves of balls for nothing but 50 yard in shots and close by chips.

Last edited:
I like the bridgestone ball but in the irons they are a club short of the lethal, pro v1 chrome +. At least for me that is the case.

I like the bridgestone ball but in the irons they are a club short of the lethal, pro v1 chrome +. At least for me that is the case.

Which Bridgestone ball were you using? I have been hitting the Tour B330 2014 and I'm seeing almost a half club increase in shorter irons vs the TP5 and ProV1 2013.

I played again today and the RX ball keeps making me a believer. It has all the perks that I would ever need in a ball. I'm loving the way this ball reacts off every club in my bag. It's a feel good ball which translates into confidence when it counts. Love em! :in-love:

I guess this is as good a place as any to add this comment. All the major OEMs and several of the smaller ones too had display tents at the golf show Saturday where you could step into a bay and hit their clubs. Bridgestone used one of their booths for fittings - two fitters were there with a launch monitor. At 10am? on a Saturday the line was 1 hour and 30 minutes long to step in and get fitted. People were waiting that long and coming back to claim their spot in line, all for a 5-10 minutes session. It was a really slick deal - they had an inventory of other OEM balls, let people hit with their standard ball, fit them to a new ball, showed them the numbers to prove it was better for them, then gave them a two ball sleeve of whatever they were fitted to. I was happy to see Bridgestone killing it, and also happy to see people responding to their services and products like that (no other OEM had more than a few people in their bays).

Last edited:
Which Bridgestone ball were you using? I have been hitting the Tour B330 2014 and I'm seeing almost a half club increase in shorter irons vs the TP5 and ProV1 2013.

Haven't tried the new one, they are not out here. I have used the rx and the s and they both are short for me.

Haven't tried the new one, they are not out here. I have used the rx and the s and they both are short for me.

I think the new versions are a lot longer. I found the 2012 RX to be short as well but the new models are great

Tap Tap Taparoo

2014 Bridgestone B330 Golf Balls Review - Forum Testing

2014 Bridgestone B330 Golf Balls Review - Forum Testing

Had another great day with the B330s on Sunday in terms of over all performance. Ive touched on the spin, distance and workability of the ball. Today I'll touch on durability and how much it's changed in this newer model. I put a new ball in play on the first hole and put it back in the bag on 18 after the round. I cleaned it on every green and prior to the end of the round. The ball looked good with very little wedge rash. It will be played again on Friday.

The ball has proven to be very durable through out the testing. This too me is impressive as I like to use golf balls more than one round. This cover seems to with stand high spin shots and just doesn't get to beat up through out the round. Even with a few bunker shots thrown into the mix.

I very am satisfied with the level of play I have seen in this new B330s. It offers me everything thy I look for in a golf ball. Basically a 4 star golf ball with distance, spin, durability and playability.

Last edited:
Got out with my b330rx again today and played behind a slow group of four. It allowed me to play a bunch of extra wedge and chip shots and the ball once again flat out performed. I get better consistent results than I have with any previous ball I have ever played, including last years model. The durability also continues to impress me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So.. I just picked up 5 dozen Tour B330 golf balls from my local Golfsmith. I had some $10 off coupons and Bridgestone wasn't on the exclusion list so I pulled the trigger. Guess my ball for 2014 is the Bridgestone Tour B330 =)

I tried the b-fit on their website again today but instead of putting in what I normally play (prov1x) I put in what I also tried last year(zstar and hex black tour). The prov1x and the hex gave me the same results with the b330rx however with the zstar chosen as my ball it told me to use the B330s. I didn't change anything else as far as my stats go and with the other balls the B330s was my second choice. Just wondering if anyone else noticed this when choosing for their testing or can explain why the current ball would change that.

On my team at THP event, Tadashi and I were both playing the new 2014 Bridgestone balls. We actually had some good greens out here that had give to them and we were able to back some up--it is amazing what playing on real nice greens and a tour level ball will do for your wedge game. The Panda of course is a great golfer and hit more greens than I did, but it was awesome to see the ball being worked the way it was meant to be with approach shots and chips into the green.

I tried the b-fit on their website again today but instead of putting in what I normally play (prov1x) I put in what I also tried last year(zstar and hex black tour). The prov1x and the hex gave me the same results with the b330rx however with the zstar chosen as my ball it told me to use the B330s. I didn't change anything else as far as my stats go and with the other balls the B330s was my second choice. Just wondering if anyone else noticed this when choosing for their testing or can explain why the current ball would change that.

I'll take a stab at it so I hope I get this right. I believe the reason it changes is because of those balls distance. The V1x and hex black should be longer than the ztar which would lead the bfit to think you had a little faster swing speed.

36 holes last weekend and 36 holes this weekend. B330RX is really working out well. Last week at RTJ, while it was a little cool, I was still able to get it out there. Performed well on Fighting Joe's wind swept fairways too!

This week in DFW, WOW! Held greens, checked on chips and pitches and rolled well. Really liking this ball.

JM

It's past time for me to make another entry in this thread on the B330-RX. I continue to enjoy this ball, and continue to find similar results to my first full review.

Here are some of my previous thoughts on the ball.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...orum-Testing&p=2768696&viewfull=1#post2768696

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?52713-2014-Bridgestone-B330-Golf-Balls-Review-Forum-Testing&p=2783928&viewfull=1#post2783928

Below are some photos of a ball I played for about 12 holes. I did wash it off. This ball is so durable. You can't even tell it hit that pine tree.

6684CF78-B99C-46A2-A2C6-A842BF17CC7B_zpsuthppxzu.jpg
D35115A0-65DB-4349-8B50-82AFAC9AA73B_zpsopg2seva.jpg

I played 18 yesterday with the test B330-RX and a last model B330S. That's sort of apples to oranges, but that is what I had around the house. I put both in play on the front nine and basically played two balls each shot. I threw in this year's ProV1 on the back nine. (I found one, lol, I don't think I'd ever buy one). The length of all three balls were very similar. I much prefer the feel of the new RX to both last year's model and the B330-S of last year. Obviously the RX is much softer than the S and I still think softer than the last version of the RX.

I am still seeing no distance gains from the previous model, which is fine, I hit it plenty far. It may pick up when the weather warms up. I am still in love with the RX in the short game. Really good control and stopping power. Better to me than both the B330S and the ProV1. I love putting this ball. Again, as I said in my last review, I find that it reacts very quickly off the putter and stays on a a very good line.

I am still seeing a lower ball flight off the driver, but my distance is ok. I am very happy with the new B330-RX, although I may give the new B330-RXS a go to see if I get a little more lift and distance. I need to just break down and go do a fitting.

Finally received my 2 ball sampler of the new 330S in the mail. Can't wait to try them Monday!

I played 36 holes this weekend with one ball. It showed wear as would be expected but still performed as well on the last shot as the first.

Distance was great as expected. The spin was there and as you can see durability is there. The hydrocore is the complete package

I played 36 holes this weekend with one ball. It showed wear as would be expected but still performed as well on the last shot as the first.

Distance was great as expected. The spin was there and as you can see durability is there. The hydrocore is the complete package

I still can't believe the spin into the green off of these and the fact that it does not come with increased sidespin off of the tee.

I gave a few to Jman who put one into play on Friday. He said he normally doesn't impart much spin....that is no longer true.

I have not been able to play much because of an injury, so I have not had much golf in the last few weeks. But with the Adams event this weekend I was determined to play, the B330 S indeed got tested.
For Fridays round, I played chrome+ ball on the front 9, to get a feel for my swing, and establish a base for the performance of the balls. I am quite familiar with the Chrome + from playing it since last March.
I was having a really great ball striking day in the front. My yardages were good, trajectory if shots were nice, and my putting was pretty good. In all I Svetlana pleased with the front 9 with the Chrome +.
Then, we come to hole 10 and I pull out the B330-S. First shot was hit very well. As a matter of fact, if I would not have been busy taking pics of the course and posting, I would have realized that the driver was not the club of choice for this hole. I ended up past the green by about 20yds on this par 4. The hole was playing around 270yd. I got up and down for birdie, so a great first hole with this ball today.
The B330-S played that way for the rest of the round. The performance was incredible. I did see some outstanding spin from these. I am not a spin player in any way, but on back to back holes, second shot into a par 4 from 95 yds and then a par 3 from 115 yds, I hit up close to the pin and spun the ball back around 25ft, off the greens. Granted, it spun down the slope, but it required quite a lot of spin to bring the ball back that far. Thinking back, I believe I spun back every wedge shot on the back 9. That is so impressive to me.
The distance with this ball has been great. Nothing exceeding out of the ordinary, but very predictable for the club in hand. The ball responded very well directional and the stopping power is fantastic.
In the greens, this ball really is a performer. To me, it just feels so soft, and stays on the club head. I had more birdies and more tap in pars, thanks to this ball.
I have to say, I was two strokes better in the back than the front. And it should have been more. I pushed a lay up shot into the edge of the trees, trying to play smart, but trying to guide the ball to where I wanted it to go, instead of just swinging the club.
All in all I was very pleased by the B330-S Friday. It really had me excited about being on the course and I'm really ready to go do it again. Hopefully, weather permitting, I can get out again this week and hit this ball some more.

I got out to play 18 holes and did a head to head matchup between the Bridgestone B330 RX
and the Hopkins 3 pice ball. It was very windy 20-30 MPH, but not many people were on the course so I got to play 2 balls with little issues. I will denote which ball is used by a H = Hopkins or B = Bridgestone. All distances were measured with my Neo X watch.

Hole 1 - Long par 5

H = I pulled a low left drive off the first tee, that went 245, hit a tree and dropped down.

I hit a 6 iron to punch out but didn't hit it well and ended up behind another tree. I was 136 out, but had to punch out again, hit a great low 6 iron on the gree and hit my putt for par.

B = I hit a slice off the tee that went 250 and landed on the right side in the trees.

Again had to punch out and ended up in good shape 150 yds out. I landed on the very edge of the green and 3 putted for a bogey.

Hole 2 - Short 350 yd par 4

H = Hit a good drive here that landed in the FW at 263 yds. I was 90 out, hit a wedge on the green and 2 putted for par.

B = Another good drive in the FW about 250 that left me 100 out. I flew it a little over the green

but stuck my pitch shot for a 1 putt par.

Hole 3 - long par 3 213 yds

H = Shankedmy 5 iron to 70 yds out. Wedged in on for a 2 putt bogey.

B = Hit it pin high but the wind took it all the way to the right side of the green. 3 putt for bogey.

Hole 4 - short par 4 360 yds

H = Hooked my drive under a tree, punched out to 120, wedge to the green for a 2 putt bogeyor another bogey.

B = Hooked another drive, not sure what happened this hole. Basically did the exact same thing

Hole 5 - Another short par 4 380 yds

H = Hit a good drive here but aimed to far left for the wind. Went about 265. Hit a decent shot to front of green but then sculled my chip and ended up with a dbl bogey.

B = Hit another good drive but again the wind didn't affect it as much as I thought it would.

Was 160 out, hit an 8 iron over the green and ended up with a bogey

Hole 6 - Very short 340 yd par 4

H = Hit a low 245 yd draw to left side of FW. Hit my lob wedge a little short which rolled all the way down due to an elevated greens. Got a bogey.

B = Hit a 285 yd bomb here to just off the green. Easy chip and 2 putt for a par.

Hole 7 - 130 yd par 3

H = Hit it to about 10ft, 2 putt par.

B = Hot another good wedge shot but bad luck got it and rolled off the elevated green. Had a 2 putt bogey.

Hole 8 - Par 4 380 yds

H = Hardest hole on the course for most people. Both sides lined with trees and a big draw is needed off the tee. Hit a bad tee shot, had to punch out of trees and ended with a 2 putt double.

B = Did the same exact thing here, Awful hole for me. Doble bogey again...

Hole 9 - Par 4 412 yds

H = Hit the longest drive of my life here. Not sure what happened, but I did have the wind at my back. 350 Yd drive in the FW. Ofcourse I then 3 putted for bogey, doh.

B = I hit a 240 yrd drive that hit a tree but fell in the FW. Hit a 165 yd 8 iron to 20 ft and got par.

Hole 10 - 500 yd par 5

H = Hit a pretty good bomb here, 280 yds in the FW. Stuck a 200 yd 5 iron on the green and 2 putted for a birdie.

B = Hit another god drive about 280. Hit my 5 iron again but landed off the green, chip and 2 putt for par.

Hole 11 - 177 yd PAR 3

Mishit both balls here and accounted for too much wind.

H = dbl bogey

B = bogey

Hole 12 - short 316 yd par 4

H = Hit a good one but pulled it left a little. Chip on and 2 putt par

B = Sliced the tee shot here. Mis hit my chip, chiped on and 2 putt bogey.

Hole 13 - par 4

H = Easy swing, wind at my back 270 yd drive. 2 shot landed back of green, on and then a 2 putt bogey.

B = Somehow did the exact same thing again...

Hole 14 - short 343 yd par 4

H = 270 yd drive but off to the right, 2nd shot fell short got a bogey

B = 275 yd drive in FW, mis hit 2nd shot, another bogey

Hole 15 - long 220 yd par 3

H = Hit my 4 iron short left, flubbed my chip and ended up with a double

B = Hit my 4 iron short left, chiped on 2 putted and ended up with a bogey

Hole 16 - par 4

H = 270 yd drive in FW, on the green and 2 putt par

B = 245 yd drive in FW, on the green and 2 putt par

Hole 17 - par 3 144 pin in very back

H - Nicely struck 9 iron that just rolled off back off green, on and 1 putt par

B = Nicely struck 9 iron that landed pin high 10 ft off, 1 putt for birdie

Hole 18 - 505 yd par 5

H = Short drive, 2nd shot ended up about 200 out. Struggled to get to the green here, and ended up with bogey.

B = Hit a bomb here, 300 yds in the FW. 2 more shots to get on, and a 2 putt par.

Final score H = 84 B = 82

Fairways hit H = 5 B = 6

Putts H = 35 B = 33

Final thoughts

While I played slightly better with the Bridgestone ball it wasn't by much and it easily could have gone the other way. I am not overly impressed with either of these balls but for the price, the Hopkins fairs well and I am dissapointed in the Bridgestone.

Distance = I give both balls an A here. When I hit it well I can bomb both of these balls and they faired well into a stiff wind today.

Sidespin off the tee = B+ for both balls. They went fairly straight for me off the tee. No issues here.

Green side/short iron spin = Both balls played similar here as well and would give them a B-.

For the Hopkins ball I think that is actually pretty good. But this is where I am really dissapointed in the RX. For a "premium ball" that comes at a premium price I was expecting more spin here.

I didn't get anymore spin out of it than the Hopkins or the Q star that I have been playing.

Durability = A+ for both balls here. No issues whatsoever.

Feel = Definate edge to the Bridgestone ball here. A for the RX and a lowly D rating for the Hopkins. This is the only area between the 2 balls where I felt there was a major difference.

The Hopkins ball just feels harsh everywhere in the short game.

If Hopkins could get the feel aspect down I think this ball could be a big hit.

I'm fairly dissapointed so far in the bridgestone, at least at it's current price.

Don't get me wrong, it is a good ball. But I can get the same performance for much less $ from what I have seen so far.

Took the B330 out today for another round. Wedges were fantastic with great trajectory and spin. Broke 80 for the first time; shot a 78 on a 140 slope course.

Played just 1 ball the entire round and it held up. Normally I would have changed balls at the turn but wanted to see how far I could push it and it stayed playable till the end. Glad I have 5 dozen of these to play this year =)

I made it out for some more texting with the 330RX today, after a few range sessions to try to get my swing on track. Overall, more of the same. It was really windy today and the ball held its own nicely. The greens were a little firmer, almost to what I would call normal, and all balls that hit the green on full approach shots were still within a foot of their pitch mark, even a 3h on 18, but it was directly into the wind. Driver swing was pretty good today and the distance was there.
I found an older model (last years I think) 330RXS, so I played quite a few second shots into the green with it and hit a few drives for comparison. Not necessarily a side by side test since the RXS was an older model, but the S did seem to have more spin because it seemed to be just a little shorter for me. A few shots into the wind seemed to get a little higher than I expected. Interestingly enough though, I didn't notice any additional check coming into the greens on full shots. I guess I would have expected solid shots to have more back up to them, but I didn't see that. Again, it was not a 2014 RXS, so take that FWIW.
On the last few holes, I played some second shots with a pro v1x. I still see more check(read back up most of the time) with the titlest than I see with the RX. I'm surprised no one else is seeing this when comparing these two balls. Maybe it's just my swing. It's not really a knock on the RX, as it has plenty of stop (see above), but it is something I've noticed from day 1.

I'm hoping to get out for one round this week. Weather should be nice and I'm looking forward to playing in some warm weather finally.

I am very content with the tour level performance the Tour B330 has given me in every phase of the game.

36 holes with the B330-RX yesterday. Used the same ball for all of the first 18. Durability was very strong. Swing got a bit off in the middle of my second 18 and I lost the two 2014 B330-RX that I had with me. Still have one sleeve left at home from the original dozen test balls.

Played on Bermuda greens for the first time with the new ball. I was hoping for some firm greens to see how approach shots would react but these were very soft from recent heavy rains so didn't get to test that out.

Back