Biggest gimmick you've ever bought into

PhillyV

Original Ass-Cap : G15' & G18'
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
There are so many tricks and tips and "technology breakthroughs" in golf. But has there ever been one that you were sold on 100% but turned out to be just a crummy money maker? One that sticks out to me is the brush tee. ive never used it personally, but i just kinda chuckle every time i see one on a tee box

The Gyro Swing, it was supposed to give you an on plane swing with a good release. After the initial "oh wow" feeling it was a pretty useless training aid. Luckily I was able to sell it on ebay used for about 80% of what I paid.

gyro-swing.jpg

Hmmm. This is a good one to think about. I cant recall any gimmicks I have bought in to, but I bet there is one or two.

The Gyro Swing, it was supposed to give you an on plane swing with a good release. After the initial "oh wow" feeling it was a pretty useless training aid. Luckily I was able to sell it on ebay used for about 80% of what I paid.

That was one of my favorite training aids until you got to the price part. Then it wasn't so much a favorite, and thus why I never bought it.

I used the Brush T for a little while. It did at least help me tee the ball up a consistent height. I guess the other one I played around with for a little while was the Odyssey Marxman chipper thing.

Anti slice tees

Free-Shipping-3pcs-Assorted-3-Combo-Anti-Slice-font-b-Golf-b-font-Tees-Plastic-Chair.jpg

Just bought the 4 yards more tee, but don't know if they're a gimmick yet. I broke one after one swing though, so I have my doubts.

Id be shocked if that actually made a difference. I'd think there'd be some bias of trying to hit it further when tested by people since that's what you expect to happen.

Surprised "Slice Fixer" hasnt been mentioned.

I spent good hard earned money on this video series after watching the infomercial after too many beers one night

51a7NRT%2BQcL._SL500_.jpg

I have one of the "Inside Approach" Slice Fixers somewhere...it actually works to a certain extent.

InsideApproach_1a.jpg

Funny, the brush tees were the first thing I thought of, and they were supposed to be unbreakable, too. Not the case, a few bad swings can break anything!

I spent good hard earned money on this video series after watching the infomercial after too many beers one night

Haha no offense Tim but I have a couple things I wanna sell you too ;)

I hate to admit it, but I have that same dvd.

I also owned one of these for a short time.

sj-new-beautyShot.jpg

ier. Not that it was a bad club, just wasn't any longer than what i had.

I have one of the "Inside Approach" Slice Fixers somewhere...it actually works to a certain extent.

InsideApproach_1a.jpg
I built one, I don't know if I built it wrong, but I never found benefit in it.

I don't really recall anything. I think my wife keeps me in check. She's my in-house golf consumer protection agency.

~Rock

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

callaway big bertha ibrids

Although I did not buy into it, it has to be the "Golf pill" that comes to mind.
Not the half golf ball training aid, but an actual pill that should give you more focus and stamina etc.
They had large ads in many magazines some 10 years ago.

Best part is that this pill would cure your slices, increase your driving distance, and guarantee lower
scores etc etc. What a load of BOLLOCKS....anybody remember this??

Back