Does watching the pros give you poor golf judgement?

Borss

Reaction score
Handicap
I find myself taking shots that I have no business attempting, probably because I see Phil and Tiger and the bunch make miracle shots weekly and it blows my score up 9-10 times.. Anyone else have this problem?

I did when I first started playing seriously. It lasted about 4 rounds to realize it only hurt my score and to become better at course management. Instead of trying to hit the damn near impossible shot for a birdie causing a double or triple I now go for giving myself a chance at par with bogey at the least. (Hopefully)

I did when I first started playing seriously. It lasted about 4 rounds to realize it only hurt my score and to become better at course management. Instead of trying to hit the damn near impossible shot for a birdie causing a double or triple I now go for giving myself a chance at par with bogey at the least. (Hopefully)

Great strategy.

Pro golf has no effect on my game. Zero. I know my limitations and I know that I don't play the same game as those people on tv.

I think people have unrealistic expectations about their games based on what they see on TV, which is sort odd and unique to golf.

No, not that much. Besides I see miracle shot attempts way more from amateurs than pro's. I believe pro's play it safe and they make only calculated risks, that's the reason why the score low numbers. Of course they make incredible rescues from time to time, but it's rare in my opinion, that they go crazy and try something beyond their capabilities.

I wouldn't think so, it's easy to see what's makeable vs what's impossible. But then again...

I am finding that for me, golf is all about playing to your strengths and trying to avoid weaknesses. I tend to try a miracle on occasion, but not in situations where I can find a lot of trouble.

I was born with poor judgement. Watching the pros doesn't hurt.

I'm not going to say I haven't tried a shot I've seen a pro hit but never while playing! I know where my skill level is and I don't want to hurt myself trying something I saw on TV. There are many shots I've seen pros hit in which I KNOW I would have hurt myself, mostly with a ball coming back at me!

Back