Adams event - DFW - *extra rounds*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like you boys may be limited to Top Golf on Sunday based on the latest forecast. A front is supposed to move in early morning and bring rain and cold temps dropping all day.

Looks like you boys may be limited to Top Golf on Sunday based on the latest forecast. A front is supposed to move in early morning and bring rain and cold temps dropping all day.

Ya... unless something dramatically changes... I won't be playing tomorrow morning :(

Not looking great for tomorrow at all, I will make a post by 7am if it looks feasible at all if we can sanely play golf.

Sorry for the guys that flew in, not what I wanted. Glad we had such tremendous weather today...crazy what happens in 12 hours around here.

There is also 2 PGA Superstores and a 40,000 square foot Golfsmith in Plano. Just sayin....

Which GS is that big? Do they actually have a lot more inventory? ...hitting bays? Is it worth a drive from Mansfield?

The west plano Golfsmith is much bigger and a lot nicer. The east plano one pales in comparison

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Which GS is that big? Do they actually have a lot more inventory? ...hitting bays? Is it worth a drive from Mansfield?
The one they just opened at Preston and Park in west Plano. They closed the small store up the street in Frisco and moved all the guys there. They have 4 free hitting bays and 4 or 5 fitting bays and a huge putting green. The free bays have the launch monitors in them. This store is directly across the street from my office. When I walk in the store it is like when the Norm character used walk into the bar at Cheers. I am on a first name basis with pretty much everyone there.

The west plano Golfsmith is much bigger and a lot nicer. The east plano one pales in comparison

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Yeah I did not even mention the other Golfsmith by the east PGA store. From my office I am across the street from the new Golfsmith, 5 miles in either direction from two PGA Superstores and another Golfsmith.

Yeah I did not even mention the other Golfsmith by the east PGA store. From my office I am across the street from the new Golfsmith, 5 miles in either direction from two PGA Superstores and another Golfsmith.

isn't it called "Golfsmith Extreme" or some similar "we're awesome" sort of name?

BTW, with that many golf stores nearby every day I'd be broke. The only thing saving me from that fate now is the 30+ minute drive and my desire to not drive on roads with many of our DFW co-inhabitants :D

Can't wait to hit the course and see you guys in a few hours! Freddie cancelled his flight to play!

Adams event - DFW - *extra rounds*

Can't wait to hit the course and see you guys in a few hours! Freddie cancelled his flight to play!

Sweet! Baldguy had to drop out so we have a spot for Freddie.

I will be at the range by 7:45. Bring some hand warmers - wind may make it a tad chilly. I have extra warmers If anybody needs some.

The above was a joke - needed to clarify since I got a PM. Weather is no bueno, I should be able to cancel without issue this morning.

The above was a joke - needed to clarify since I got a PM. Weather is no bueno, I should be able to cancel without issue this morning.

Well, you got me on that one. Lol

Had an absolute blast playing with yo and Taylor and mike yesterday cookie but looking at the weather glad I got out of the dodge with the weather in Dallas this morning. But any other time I'm up for a roadie to DFW to play and open invite to come down here to Houston to tee it up no hotel needed got 3 extra bedrooms at casa de dgvillere

We are on our way to breakfast and then to the course. Looking forward to final round in Dallas

We are on our way to breakfast and then to the course. Looking forward to final round in Dallas

You're such a funny guy. He didn't seem to pleased when I just called and cancelled. Will keep an eye on my credit card statement.

You're such a funny guy. He didn't seem to pleased when I just called and cancelled. Will keep an eye on my credit card statement.

Are there any plans to get together at all and do anything?

Are there any plans to get together at all and do anything?

I didn't have any alternative plans. I think Nate mentioned TopGolf being a possibility but I've not been there before to understand how that works and what time they open, etc.

Sorry to hear we had to cancel, as I was excited about the group I was playing with. Thanks for taking care of all that cookie.

Sorry to hear we had to cancel, as I was excited about the group I was playing with. Thanks for taking care of all that cookie.

You agree that canceling was necessary? I got like 37* at my house with drizzle and I can feel some wind even though I'm in a somewhat protected area (unlike the golf course).

Please tell me if anyone thinks we really should be playing and we will make it happen.

I didn't have any alternative plans. I think Nate mentioned TopGolf being a possibility but I've not been there before to understand how that works and what time they open, etc.

Ok.

Really was looking forward to some more time hanging out with THPers, but mother nature can be a real B sometimes. Thanks for all the work you put into organizing this #Cookie, you are awesome.

apenebaq.jpg

And the course is pissed??? Ha-ha.

Sadly Top Golf won't be much fun in this weather and wind. They are calling for some freezing rain and ice later on.

You agree that canceling was necessary? I got like 37* at my house with drizzle and I can feel some wind even though I'm in a somewhat protected area (unlike the golf course).

Please tell me if anyone thinks we really should be playing and we will make it happen.

I have to admit, I was not looking forward to playing in cold, windy, and possibly wet conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back