Hilton Head - 2014 THP Invitational #1 Sponsored By Bridgestone Golf

Eh, I'm there to have fun. If my partner and I score well, even better.

Not saying that I won't try to dominate, but I won't be bothered by a bad round, either.
You can be on my team again anytime.

But the scores won't matter. They really won't.
I really really hope this is true because if you give me a 9 hole head start, there is a significant chance that my 9 hole score may equal my partners 18 hole score. Stinks being a newbie to this sport ... and a bad playing newbie at that. Here is hoping that my instructor works a miracle in these next two weeks with my full swing! He's gotten me to make progress on my putts and chipping (slightly less so with pitching), now for the truly hard part.

I really really hope this is true because if you give me a 9 hole head start, there is a significant chance that my 9 hole score may equal my partners 18 hole score. Stinks being a newbie.

JB is absolutely correct that scoring matters because the winners get access (and a price reduction) for the final Bridgestone Invitational in September. That's huge.

With that said, no one will criticize anyone for their skill level at a THP event. It just doesn't exist.

I really really hope this is true because if you give me a 9 hole head start, there is a significant chance that my 9 hole score may equal my partners 18 hole score. Stinks being a newbie.

Other than you being a sooner:curse:, you will have no worries. Relax and enjoy yourself as it's just fun playing with the THP group!

While in the general sense I agree with you, this year the Invitationals have a bit more on the line. It will really depend on how much you want "in" on the THP Bridgestone Championship at the Bear Trap & PGA National for that special event.

The only way to assure a spot in that event is to win an Invitational with your partner.

Absolutely, definitely cant take anything for granted, based on the winners getting dibs on the championship, there just wont be a whole lot of spots left for an event which might be at the top of everyones wish list.

Nice thing is that it seems like #1 is one of the wider fairways on the golf course, so hopefully I have something playable for my second shot. I think that everything will be easier after that first tee shot.

Hills will give you a hole or two to start the round out and then gets down to business. Its going to be a challenging but spectacular round.

While in the general sense I agree with you, this year the Invitationals have a bit more on the line. It will really depend on how much you want "in" on the THP Bridgestone Championship at the Bear Trap & PGA National for that special event.

The only way to assure a spot in that event is to win an Invitational with your partner.

I really really really want "in". 100% focused on the prize. The fun will happen regardless.

JB is absolutely correct that scoring matters because the winners get access (and a price reduction) for the final Bridgestone Invitational in September. That's huge.

With that said, no one will criticize anyone for their skill level at a THP event. It just doesn't exist.

This is 10000000000% correct.

I know, and that's the part that's eating me ... would hate to be the one that costs my partner a shot at the Invitational. If people were chosen for the Championship based on -their- own score (as opposed to a combination of theirs and my own), I'd breathe a bit easier.

ATLGolfer said:
No one could possibly be more critical of my game than myself.
threeboysdad said:
Other than you being a sooner:curse:, you will have no worries. Relax and enjoy yourself as it's just fun playing with the THP group!
Ah, must be a Texas fan. ;) Once I get off that first tee I'll be good. Really do plan on enjoying myself out there, having fun, and making some new friends. I also plan on giving 100% out on the course. I have definite goals and would like to meet them, for both my partners sake and my own.

Just ready to put the pressure on and see how everything holds up.... Will be a good first test for the season to come

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

It will be all good.

Everyone will have some rust on them for the weekend. But the scores won't matter. They really won't.

As long as you don't shoot another 75 and then tell the world about it, everything will be fine. :alien:

I do wonder how the 2 person teams will work, whether it will be total score between the 2 players or best ball between the 2 players, or something else.

As long as you don't shoot another 75 and then tell the world about it, everything will be fine. :alien:

I do wonder how the 2 person teams will work, whether it will be total score between the 2 players or best ball between the 2 players, or something else.

He's planning on it and I hope we get some info soon as the suspense is killing me. We need pairing so the trash talk can start!

Just ready to put the pressure on and see how everything holds up.... Will be a good first test for the season to come

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

This is how I feel too. My first "competition" event of the new season. Will be a good judge of where I'm at in the new year.

Two goals for me in this event: win and have fun. I know the fun part will happen regardless of the other.

I think my practice rounds on Friday will tell me where I am at for the early season. I expect some added range time to occur post round on Friday in preps for Saturday. I think a large part of how well one plays this early in the season will rely heavily on course management. Going to be exciting and can't wait to be a new addition to the HOF. See you in Sept Bear Trap.:alien2:

I think my practice rounds on Friday will tell me where I am at for the early season. I expect some added range time to occur post round on Friday in preps for Saturday. I think a large part of how well one plays this early in the season will rely heavily on course management. Going to be exciting and can't wait to be a new addition to the HOF. See you in Sept Bear Trap.:alien2:

With the hills course course management will be key to getting around it with any decent score. From my assessment of based on the yardage book we all will be playing from roughly the same spots due to playing for position, the only difference will be club off the tee and club into green for the bombers vs shorter guys. There is only 4-5 holes will tee length could be a big advantage but then your putting trouble in play going for most par 5's in two.

I know, and that's the part that's eating me ... would hate to be the one that costs my partner a shot at the Invitational. If people were chosen for the Championship based on -their- own score (as opposed to a combination of theirs and my own), I'd breathe a bit easier.

When you see the pairings and the way its set up, you'll see that each person has to pull their own weight if you want to win. No one person is going to garauntee a win or cost a loss on their own.

And all this is even if scoring is done the same way. Who knows if any kind of change is in the works.

Just sent an email to one of my employees saying Id be off the grid for this event. When I got done, it got real, this event is NEXT WEEK! Im beyond ready for the weekend!

I don't know what you're talking about. You'll have to be more specific. :Alien.

The way my game has been, and the way this course is set up, I don't think 75 is in play.

I don't know what you're talking about. You'll have to be more specific. :Alien.

The way my game has been, and the way this course is set up, I don't think 75 is in play.

I could easily shoot a 75.

If I stop after the 13th hole...

Hell, if i shoot under 100 Ill be happy. But then again Im a 23 Handicap.

I have NO idea what I will shoot.

What will be assured is that this will be a fabulous time!
As this work week has started, it will soon pass, then on to a partial work week leading up to the event!

I have 4 rounds planned in 3 days, me and my wife also hope to stop on the way home and play also.

I have NO idea what I will shoot.

What will be assured is that this will be a fabulous time!
As this work week has started, it will soon pass, then on to a partial work week leading up to the event!

I have 4 rounds planned in 3 days, me and my wife also hope to stop on the way home and play also.

Where you gonna stop at?

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Just got back to the cold of ND. I Cant wait to tee it up with some THPers!

3W, 8I from the whites should have me dancing.

Back