Your take on cargo shorts

I'm not really in this argument and I don't really care, but the pictures don't look like cargo shorts. I don't see a side pocket, maybe I am just missing it. And even if there is a side pocket (again, I don't see it in the pictures), I don't see the big saggy side pocked of traditional cargo shorts.

I agree. Though the name says "cargo short", they don't have the appearance of a short generally associated with the term.

Used to really love Cargo shorts for all of my shorts needs, wouldn't wear them on the course though. Still won't wear them on the course and I'm moving away from them as my short of choice, going with the more traditional flat front no cargo shorts.

the pics might not be accurate, or it may be hard to see, which is why I said it looks like they're disguising it. If you look at the description though, they say there are a total of 5 pockets, with one of them being on the side.

I guess my confusion is you saying food for thought then, because even you are saying it's likely just bermuda shorts that they are calling Cargo shorts. So IMO, and this is just my opinion, they are not promoting cargo shorts in the traditional sense. In fact they are basically saying, sure let's call these cargo shorts, but really they are just Bermuda shorts.

Again, I don't really care one way or the other.

I find it interesting that the PGA Tour brand makes golf-specific cargo shorts:

http://www.jcpenney.com/shorts-/pga...V OFFER-_-0302BAT-_-BDY_PGA Tech cargo shorts

it seems like they try to disguise them as bermuda shorts, but there is a side pocket. I'm not saying it's good or bad (I actually don't like the look of these) but it *is* a cargo short designed for golf with a pretty golf-specific brand. food for thought.

If that is what a cargo short is, I support it worn on the course.

When I think cargo short, i think this:

Cargo-Shorts-for-Men.jpg

And it's just my opinion, but only one of the two examples in this post (quoted included) is appropriate golf attire.

I just thought it was interesting, that's all. I don't like the looks of these so I'm not a customer for them. I got an email from JCP this morning that had these in them and it seemed very pertinent to this discussion so I thought I'd share.

I have some shorts that have a cargo pocket for golf. They are like the ones pictured below. Those I wear majority of the time I play. The ones pcitured below that, heck no, I wouldn't not wear them to golf.

DP0313201317010648M.tif

Cargo-Shorts-for-Men.jpg

I have some shorts that have a cargo pocket for golf. They are like the ones pictured below. Those I wear majority of the time I play. The ones pcitured below that, heck no, I wouldn't not wear them to golf.

DP0313201317010648M.tif

I have those and wore them twice before I noticed the pocket. Since I own & wear them, I have no problem with them but old school cargo shorts? Not a big fan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have no problem with what anyone wears on the course. I'm there to play golf and enjoy some free time away from the stresses of life. If someone wants to wear cargo shorts, a hat thats 2 sizes to big and does't tuck their shirt I say go for it.

DP0313201317010648M.tif

Cargo-Shorts-for-Men.jpg

as someone who much prefers the look of the lower pair, the top pair actually fit my eye and I'd wear them as a compromise. What brand are they?

as someone who much prefers the look of the lower pair, the top pair actually fit my eye and I'd wear them as a compromise. What brand are they?

Those are izod

Don't really have anything against cargo shorts, if it is ok with the course, wear them. I prefer the look and feel of Under Armour or Nike golf shorts.

I'm not really in this argument and I don't really care, but the pictures don't look like cargo shorts. I don't see a side pocket, maybe I am just missing it. And even if there is a side pocket (again, I don't see it in the pictures), I don't see the big saggy side pocked of traditional cargo shorts.

Agreed, they aren't cargo shorts, like Dean mentioned, if they are like those I have a pair also, it's more of a side pocket that doesn't even look like a pocket.

If...if I would ever play in shorts, I could wear cargo shorts. Not too trashy kind of cargo shorts, maybe a cleaner and straighter, liek Oakley cargo shorts, which I do own, but don't play with.

GULP...that was me swallowing what I just threw up into my mouth after picturing someone in cargo shorts. Ok maybe they are not that bad, but they are pretty bad. Now I am talking about those khaki cargo shorts with the grossly oversized pockets.

GULP...that was me swallowing what I just threw up into my mouth after picturing someone in cargo shorts. Ok maybe they are not that bad, but they are pretty bad. Now I am talking about those khaki cargo shorts with the grossly oversized pockets.

Guess you would be embarrassed to play with me then. I wear cargo shorts everyday when the weather is above 50. Yes I wear them on the course too unless it's a high end course. So far every course has taken my money and not turned me away and no one I have played with has ever complained. But that's just me.....:D

Guess you would be embarrassed to play with me then. I wear cargo shorts everyday when the weather is above 50. Yes I wear them on the course too unless it's a high end course. So far every course has taken my money and not turned me away and no one I have played with has ever complained. But that's just me.....:D

Haha I wouldn't be embarrassed, my stomach might just be a little upset :act-up:. I firmly believe that we should all be entitled to wear what we wish and I would never make a personal judgment based on someone's clothing, I just have no love for the cargo shorts lol.

Reviving an old thread because it is still relevant.

Cargo shorts are for toddlers and children. If you need all those pockets to carry your daily needs you need to reevaluate your life choices.

I think with a plaid SS button shirt or cotton polo they're not so bad. They're handy for camping or work around the house if it's too hot for pants. I'd never wear them on the golf course but I've seen worse things so I could care less if other people do.

I think with a plaid SS button shirt or cotton polo they're not so bad. They're handy for camping or work around the house if it's too hot for pants. I'd never wear them on the golf course but I've seen worse things so I could care less if other people do.
Yeah i feel like if they bother someone that much, perhaps they should be reevaluating some things lol

i think they look awful, but wear whatever you want. don't mind me while i silently judge you.

Reviving an old thread because it is still relevant.

Cargo shorts are for toddlers and children. If you need all those pockets to carry your daily needs you need to reevaluate your life choices.

This. All of this.

"These shorts are great for storing all my cargo." -said no one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are coming back in style... Just be prepared.

I just hope the dreaded painter's pants/shorts never come back.

Your take on cargo shorts

Not sure if mine are classified at cargo shorts .But I bought these for hiking so I don't bring a backpack. Use the side for snacks and other for wallet and phone. Very handy and comfortable
1241799ccaedb5cb89f7cfecb2ae7c27.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People still wear cargo shorts?

Back