Valhalla as permanent Ryder Cup host?

cpljohnst

Go Jackets! Go Sun Devils
Reaction score
Handicap
16.0 GHIN
move it around. It is better being at a different track every 2 years.

I like the rotating venue. Medinah wasn't the reason the US lost.

Keep the rotation going. Kiawah was too great of a venue not to return to.

I went to the RC for the entire week when it was at Valhalla and I thought it was a really good venue for it. Some risk/reward holes, some birdie holes, and some tougher ones as well. From the fans POV there were also some areas where you can see the action on 3-4 holes at a time which was really nice. Also some areas that fans could really fill in around to see the action on the greens.

All that being said, I like that it changes time to time. While we may not have seen in in the last 10+ years, there is an advantage to the course and course setup by the home team. Azinger talked about it in his Cracking the Code book. I think the little advantage there may be would be pretty much vanished if it was at the same spot every year. So I would let it continue to go from location to location.

Keep it moving.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Agree with the others. I see no reason for a permanent home.

I say move it around. People around the country want to get a glimpse of the tourney....and can't afford to travel all over. And variety is the key to life and golf.

It is sometimes mind boggling how golf's ruling organizations continually come up with the worst ideas possible.

It should keep moving around.

I think this is an event that should be moved every four years.

Definitely rotating venue. I am hoping it comes back close to home so I can make it to one of them at some point.

I don't like the idea of only having it one place, it's fun that it travels around.

Valhalla should not be the permanent US host...sounds like a horrible idea with as many great venues that exist.

Keep it moving. It also sounds pathetic that they want the one course they actually won in the last 10+ years to be the only US course they play.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Absolutely have to keep moving the venue. Wouldn't be the same IMO if it was at the same place all the time.

Definitely not. I can't even fathom the Ryder Cup being held in a certain location year after year. Doesn't even make sense. I would like to hear player response on this.

Bad idea....gotta keep on trucking

For selfish reasons I'd be very okay with it.

I agree with the majority, keep it moving from course to course.

What a ridiculous idea. Wonder who gets paid for that?

What a ridiculous idea. Wonder who gets paid for that?

It's actually a pretty selfish idea. The PGA of America owns Valhalla. They would make more money off the event. Would not have to pay other courses to host.

Back