TaylorMade SLDR Mini Driver Preview

Its considered a driver by TaylorMade. We will have full details in some videos we shot with them coming up very soon.
Interesting, JB. You think any of their Tour Pros would consider going this route vs a regular driver?

After seeing the pictures and being a guy that doesn't hit a 3 wood off the deck too often.....I shall be put in the category of those intrigued

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Interesting, JB. You think any of their Tour Pros would consider going this route vs a regular driver?

I think some will. Those guys dont miss the sweet spot too often and on certain courses, they may very much like it.

I think some will. Those guys dont miss the sweet spot too often and on certain courses, they may very much like it.
That's interesting. This one intrigues me, not that it will fit my game by any means, but just has me intrigued from a tech standpoint and how the drive for most clubmakers is making the driver bigger/easier to hit instead of smaller and more focused on the sweet spot.

That's interesting. This one intrigues me, not that it will fit my game by any means, but just has me intrigued from a tech standpoint and how the drive for most clubmakers is making the driver bigger/easier to hit instead of smaller and more focused on the sweet spot.

I think that this is aimed at the people that use a strong 3 wood only off the tee as a driver replacement I assume that this would be more forgiving than the strong 3 wood.

It seems that most pro's are hitting driver on only the longest holes

what cc is this thing?

Could see this working super well for you at #THPMC

If the intended result is a tee shot with much tighter dispersion and not much distance loss, then this club will likely make my bag for the Morgan Cup. Caledonia would be a really good fit for the mini-driver.

If the intended result is a tee shot with much tighter dispersion and not much distance loss, then this club will likely make my bag for the Morgan Cup. Caledonia would be a really good fit for the mini-driver.

From the dozen of so rounds I've played there I couldn't agree more with this statement - it's certainly a shotmakers course.

While I am pretty sure I am not the target player for this, that doesn't mean I'm not drooling over it and certainly doesn't mean I won't give one a swing or two if the opportunity presents itself. As someone who struggles far more with a driver than a 3 wood off of a tee, I can't say I'm not a little intrigued by this.

So the tmag guys will have this at The Master's, the Cally guys will have the 2Deep, and the Ping guys will have the Rapture. That'll be interesting.

All will have trouble topping Louis double eagle on #3. That was amazing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The more I look at it, I'm curious why no adjustability? Seems interesting to have the SLDR name but no adjustability.

I like smaller headed drivers so this might be on the new hot list for me

silly question. When was the last time you gamed a small headed driver? Say sub 400cc? I know my last was a Nike Forged 350 about 9 years ago.

silly question. When was the last time you gamed a small headed driver? Say sub 400cc? I know my last was a Nike Forged 350 about 9 years ago.

The real question is when have ever gamed a 460cc driver, never. My 3W keeps up with most peoples drivers. So I've been gaming smaller heads off the tee for a good bit

The real question is when have ever gamed a 460cc driver, never. My 3W keeps up with most peoples drivers. So I've been gaming smaller heads off the tee for a good bit

I'll answer yours if you answer mine....Nike VRS driver w/Oban shaft:alien:

I would love to see Freddie hammer one of these.

I would love to see Freddie hammer one of these.

I bet he'd crush it. I still have memories of that monster drive with the rocketballz at Grand Cypress.

I'd love to replace my 4 wood with something like this.

Back