The Official 2009 NFL Thread

+1...epitome of ego trip
The absolute worst one is Mark Martin ( I know many will argue that a race car driver isn't actually an athlete but...) he did the whole retirement tour with fans kissing his arse all year long. Showed up the next year running a partial schedule and then comes back full time. I like the way Rusty Wallace did it, he decided he was done and just walked away.

Farve is one of the greats no doubt about it, personally I just can't stand when a player retires and then comes back. I didn't like it when Jordan did it either.

+2 I know it must be hard for these guys to walk away from it and that might be about money for some and the love of the game for others but make a decision and stand by it.

+2 I know it must be hard for these guys to walk away from it and that might be about money for some and the love of the game for others but make a decision and stand by it.

Regardless of what he decides, I just hope they keep running those Sears commercials. I think they're hilarious. :D

I was merely referring to those dedicated Packer fans (those that booed his presence at Lambeau in a purple jersey) and not the entire state that processes magnificent cheese.

P.S. I'm only stuck in Indiana because of work. Home will always be Illinois. :)

Just teasing you. I call Wisconsinites cheeseheads all the time.

Kevin

Re: The Official 2009 NFL Thread

Just teasing you. I call Wisconsinites cheeseheads all the time.

Kevin

I figured as much, I just wanted to slide the boo-ing in there. A friend told me that if they were true Packer fans, they wouldn't have said anything as he entered the field. They would have just supported their current team.

I don't even know what a Hoosier actually is (other than an Indianian).

This just in....

Spoiler
PEYTON MANNING IS GOOD!

Sean Payton has some pretty big Titleists to make the onside kick call. I love it.

Kevin

Sean Payton has some pretty big Titleists to make the onside kick call. I love it.

Kevin

Gutsy call that paid off. If they go on to win a close game, that call will get all the media attention.

Another big news break coming from Miami.
Spoiler

PEYTON MANNING IS REALLY GOOD!

Big stop there for the Saints. Now they need a TD. Looks like last team with the ball wins.

Kevin

I say he caught it.

Kevin

That could be the ball game.

That could be the ball game.

That is the ballgame. Onside kick coming out of the half set the tone in the second half for NO.

Geaux Saints!!!

Re: The Official 2009 NFL Thread

This was an exciting superbowl filled with risky moves, few penalties, and only 1 turnover. I love when comes down to the wire.

This just in.
Spoiler
Peyton wasn't all that good

lol......

Both QBs played great I thought - both good enough to win with a break or two going either way. If Wayne has two healthy knees and makes that cut he needs to make on that pattern where the pass was intercepted then the game could have turned out totally different. Not Peyton's fault but he gets credit for the interception. At first I though Wayne was dogging it on that play, like he didn't think the pass was coming that direction then I remembered the knee that he tweaked earlier in the week and it made sense - he tried to get there and couldn't. Also Freeney proved how valuable he is to that defense. There was no pressure on Brees at all in the second half, not even touched. You can't give even an average QB that kind of time to throw and not be in trouble and Brees is definitely not average.

Just got an email from a friend in AZ that said Anquan Boldin is now a Baltimore Raven.

Just got an email from a friend in AZ that said Anquan Boldin is now a Baltimore Raven.

Yup, Boldin to the Ravens for a 3rd and a 4th in this year's draft. He also signed a 3 yr extension with $10 mil guaranteed so he's locked up for the next 4 years. I thought he would go for much more. I know if AZ traded him after the Super Bowl last year they would've received at least a 2nd for him.

This trade will set the bar for the receivers now so look for Brandon Marshall of my beloved Broncos to be signed/traded to Seattle by the end of the weekend. Rumor has it Marshall and a 3rd round pick to Seattle for the #6 pick.

Yup, Boldin to the Ravens for a 3rd and a 4th in this year's draft. He also signed a 3 yr extension with $10 mil guaranteed so he's locked up for the next 4 years. I thought he would go for much more. I know if AZ traded him after the Super Bowl last year they would've received at least a 2nd for him.

This trade will set the bar for the receivers now so look for Brandon Marshall of my beloved Broncos to be signed/traded to Seattle by the end of the weekend. Rumor has it Marshall and a 3rd round pick to Seattle for the #6 pick.

it's great being a browns fan baby !!! cleveland basically MUST draft db now ... afc north has talent at wr spot everywhere (except in cleveland :banghead:) ... loyalty baby who cares ... GO BROWNS !!!

it's great being a browns fan baby !!! cleveland basically MUST draft db now ... afc north has talent at wr spot everywhere (except in cleveland :banghead:) ... loyalty baby who cares ... GO BROWNS !!!

Unless they go safety then they could be in for a long draft. Experts have been saying that this is one of the thinnest CB class in a while. Problem is that unless they trade up from their position they will not get Eric Berry and they've been saying Taylor Mays should be drafted to be a weakside LB since he's too slow. Even the one top notch DB in the draft Haden from FL didn't look too hot in the combine.

I'm sure Holmgren will right the ship though, but for the life of me don't understand why he kept Mangini.

Back