Harder to Hit a Ball Above or Below Your Feet?

Harder to Hit a Ball Above or Below Your Feet?

• Above my feet

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Below my feet

Votes: 35 67.3%

• Total voters
What's the harder lie for you to hit off of... a ball below you feet or a ball above your feet?

For me I think its the ball above my feet. I have a tendency to pull it left if I make good contact & often hit it thin because I'm guarding against hit it fat.

When the ball is below my feet, I feel like I can just stand a little closer to the ball & take more of an upright swing.

Depends on how far above or below, and how long the shot is intended to be. Generally though I prefer the ball below my feet. It's easier to get down to a lower ball than it is to shorten up for one well above my feet.

P.S. 4 pages of replies and only 6 votes?

Both are hard but the ball below my feet is a harder shot to me, of course I am 6-4 so that may play in to my preference.

Both are hard but the ball below my feet is a harder shot to me, of course I am 6-4 so that may play in to my preference.

Same here cuz? I have a hard time keeping me knees bent to stay in that type shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Below is by far the hardest of the two for me. When I think about a ball above my feet, it really just comes down to choking up on the club the proper amount. A ball below my feet gets all sorts of thoughts running through my head.

Below my feet. The way my stance plays, adding spine angle puts extra tightness in my lower back, and it's just very hard to stay relaxed. If I bend my knees more I feel like I'm going to hit it fat. Just all kinds of address issues that make it very hard to stay comfortable make a good swing. Above the feet, it's tough to judge how far left it's going to go, but the swing itself is pretty easy to make.

I have a harder time making solid contact when i have to go down and get it

Below. much more trouble below the feet.

I have very little problem with the ball above my feet. I just choke up a little and allow for a draw. Now, below the feet is a different story. I find it to be a very difficult shot to control, and thin it a lot, or worse, have the heel hit first and have the club head snap shut. Bye, Bye ball!

Ball below my feet, I'll take one more club and set up for a draw.... Generally goes relatively straight.

For me it's below my feet. I always tend to stand up and out causing a very thin push. It's something I'm going to consciously practice this year, but usually don't have much issue hitting a ball above my feet.

I dont really have any issues with ball above my feet, but the ball lower, I tend to skull them a lot

Below my feet is by far the harder shot for me. No struggles really with above. My main misses are caused by me lifting out of my stance, combine that with below my feet and it can be trouble.

Below my feet. I have a hard time staying down on the ball. When it's above my feet, I have no issue choking up a bit and standing a little taller.

The ball below my feet is definitely the harder of the two for me - if it is above my feet I just choke down on the club more and try to remember which way to aim..... :beat-up:

Below my feet. The way my stance plays, adding spine angle puts extra tightness in my lower back, and it's just very hard to stay relaxed. If I bend my knees more I feel like I'm going to hit it fat. Just all kinds of address issues that make it very hard to stay comfortable make a good swing. Above the feet, it's tough to judge how far left it's going to go, but the swing itself is pretty easy to make.

^^ Exactly what I was going to say.

I'm actually a bit surprised that below is leading. But I understand the chance of blading it for sure.

Below my feet is more difficult for me. I have a tough time staying down on those.

THP #theking #imwithchad

For me it's the below my feet shot that is easier because I hit more of a punch shot and I walk it off after I hit it and I stay down on the ball and it usually works out. Above my feet though, I can struggle with topping it or hitting it too fat, no consistency for me.

I've pondered learning to hit lefty and carry a left handed club so I can never have a ball below my feet. I despise it.

Put the ball below my feet and everyone is in the danger zone

Definitely above my feet - I always have a tendency to pull it hard left on those shots - or not choke down enough and hit it fat - however, uphill I will take a "thin to win" shot

Above my feet without question, I tend to forget a few things and bring up more terra firma

Ball below my feet is much harder for me, although neither is any picnic. But below my feet, the ball can and does go anywhere, above my feet, my tendency is to hold off fearing a hook and cut underneath of it, which isn't ideal but at least it generally goes in the right direction, just painfully high and short.

Below for me. I can never seem to stay down enough and hit it thin.

Above I've had great success with - likely helps that I have such a flat swing.

Same for me!

Back