Castor Hades

Reaction score
Handicap
6.7 EGA
Saw this video, quite the round. I hate mini golf, cause I suck at it, but 18 for 18 is pretty amazing.

I used to love Putt Putt when I was a kid, none of the franchise are around here any more and I haven't played a round at an official Putt Putt course in 50 years but I remember how hard it could be, as you said - 18 is 18. Very impressive feat.

That was awesome, and a very well done video. But I have to ask, is competitive putt-putt a real thing? I thought it was just something you did with your kids on vacation.

Pretty cool story there, thanks for sharing.

I love putt putt but that's crazy! 18 out of 18? When I lived in myrtle there was a putt putt league, they even had majors lol.

I love putt putt but that's crazy! 18 out of 18? When I lived in myrtle there was a putt putt league, they even had majors lol.

I guess that answers my question, I had no idea that was a thing.

What...no clown's mouth ?

Wow! That's incredible. Remember JB's question on how many 10 ft putts we could make out of 10? Now add in blocks, banks, swells and ramps and make 18 in a row. Damn

That's pretty crazy! I love to play it but it drives me crazy! He did say "if you find something you're good at you stick with it" there's has be be another reason to play golf cause I'm not good! :)

I guess that answers my question, I had no idea that was a thing.

It was a pretty big thing there, people get just as serious about it as we do golf lol.

I've always wondered how they'd do on a large green with a break and no rails to bounce it off of

That's a pretty impressive feat. Even if it's "just" putt-putt, making 18 1-putts is impressive in itself, let alone having to bank them off of things. Thanks for sharing.

never played an official putt-putt. I remember on ESPN after school back in the 90s having competitive Putt-putt.

Cheap Seats (old ESPN Classic show) would cover a few putt-putt tourneys. Hilarious show, but it never re-runs anymore.

I saw this the other day, pretty cool. No matter what putt putt course you're at, that's difficult. And I noticed they do a lot of shots that go in the back of the cup, interesting strategy, I'll have to try that next time.

I never quite realized mini golf was ever taken this seriously. But anyway, what ever happened to mini golf ramps and loops and all kinds of crazy stuff? When I was a kid in the 60's and 70's there was all kinds of crazy stuff. Nowadays most places are pretty basic. Even if they are nicely animated or what have you they still only allow for basic bank shot here and there. They use to be alot more entertaining imo.

Wow. That's pretty damn impressive.

I saw this the other day, pretty cool. No matter what putt putt course you're at, that's difficult. And I noticed they do a lot of shots that go in the back of the cup, interesting strategy, I'll have to try that next time.

I noticed that on the back of the cup stuff too. Very interesting. Was an interesting watch, those guys are way serious on that stuff. I can only imagine the pressure he felt on 17 and 18. Pretty neat someone had the gumption to record the last hole at least.

Cool video and cool story.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

That was awesome, and a very well done video. But I have to ask, is competitive putt-putt a real thing? I thought it was just something you did with your kids on vacation.

When I was a kid in the old days, there was actually a professional putt-putt league. You could catch TV coverage on most Saturdays. And I actually used to watch it a lot!

I've always wondered how they'd do on a large green with a break and no rails to bounce it off of

I imagine pretty well. How many 12-15 footers can you hit, not just to get into the hole, but to a particular spot to get the right kick so that the next bump is at the right angle. I always figured the more things you make contact with, the more precise you'd have to be in terms of direction and speed.

Back