The 2014 WGC - Cadillac Championship [Spoilers]

Oh stop top 5 performing this weekend yes...top 5 in the world come on man.

He's playing good golf...but it's march....do it all year and u can call urself top 5.

I gotta say if you are looking at this year (5 months or so), its not far off. Who else?

I don't like Reed. Smug A**. Just my opinion though.

I gotta say if you are looking at this year (5 months or so), its not far off. Who else?

Yea, but doesn't mean anything until the Masters and after. Anyone can claim they are the best in a three month span. Look at Mahan, Kutcher, Rose, ect...They all had runs.

Smug or confident in his abilities? You're entitled to your opinion, of course, but I've got to respectfully disagree here.

The commentators had an interesting comment on this, noting that if you don't believe in yourself, no one else will either. Great point, but I prefer the guys who keep their confidence (at that level) to themselves.

I don't see myself cheering for him any time soon.

If you're a competitor, and don't believe in your heart you can be the best, then you're not a serious competitor. Only difference is he's being honest about it.

The commentators had an interesting comment on this, noting that if you don't believe in yourself, no one else will either. Great point, but I prefer the guys who keep their confidence (at that level) to themselves.

I agree

The real golfers haven't golfed for 5 months...

10th...based on fedex points.

But yeah he's playing good golf so far some of which has been done with the top players still on vacation.

Also anyone else think Reed looks like a younger Michigan slice?

Similar thoughts as mine. Well said.

Yea, but doesn't mean anything until the Masters and after. Anyone can claim they are the best in a three month span. Look at Mahan, Kutcher, Rose, ect...They all had runs.

Nobody believes this for a second. If they did, they wouldnt show up at the WGC events. Top 50 in the world are here. First time in quite a while that has happened.

Does that mean all of those Tiger Woods Torrey Pines wins dont count?

The real golfers haven't golfed for 5 months...

Is that so? Guess that would be their fault, because so far they have done nothing but sh!t the bed.

Oh stop top 5 performing this weekend yes...top 5 in the world come on man.

He's playing good golf...but it's march....do it all year and u can call urself top 5.

A lot of golf left to play.

And, win more than twice before you claim to be top 5

Wins really have nothing to do with being top 5 in the world. Look at Donald and and guys like that. No. 1 in the world and has 5 wins on tour and now have slipped down the road. If Reed wins today that 3 wins in the last 6 months. I would say that is top 5 in the world golf.

On the other hand though everyone can have a hot couple of months. I am not sure if he can keep the success up and stay playing this high caliber golf but I think he will be fun to watch in the coming years.

I think Reed has the right to be confident currently. He's been on a hot run recently and put up a couple of wins.

To echo Mike Dean though, to call yourself top 5 in the world, do it for a much longer stretch then this.

Uh oh here comes the back

Wins really have nothing to do with being top 5 in the world. Look at Donald and and guys like that. No. 1 in the world and has 5 wins on tour and now have slipped down the road. If Reed wins today that 3 wins in the last 6 months. I would say that is top 5 in the world golf.

This is exactly what I was saying. People can "talk" about well so and so is not there...But then are quick to count the Chevron as a win or forget the pay for play overseas.

You look at a guy like Mickelson who basically flat out said yesterday he is here to get his game right for the Masters. Many are the same way, but won't say it. Most are here to get a solid top 25 so they can stay up in the rankings.

And the putter toss after dragging it on the greens

Over under on a Tiger WD?

You look at a guy like Mickelson who basically flat out said yesterday he is here to get his game right for the Masters. Many are the same way, but won't say it. Most are here to get a solid top 25 so they can stay up in the rankings.

Wow..that's an interesting way of thinking.

FWIW, I dont agree with this at all.

Back