Patrick Reed Wins WGC Cadillac Championship - WITB

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Patrick Reed picked up his 2nd win of 2013 with this big win at the WGC Doral. Here is a look at the tools he used to win.

http://bit.ly/1nxNm6b

Big win for Patrick and Callaway! Loving the bag and that MXM #6 was treating him well all weekend long.

How many wins does the SR3 have so far?

Congrats Patrick. 16° fairway in there. Nice.

Great to see another young American golfer playing great. I hope they give these kids a chance to play at the Ryder Cup.

Another win for Reed. Playing good golf!

Hasn't made the move to Apex, interesting.

Quick correction - Reed plays the gravity core down

Steel shaft in fairway interesting

Pretty brash comments after the round about being in the top 5 worldwide and among the greats of the game!

Worked his magic with the MD2's

Quick correction - Reed plays the gravity core down

They really need to work on their communications. My direct email from them says Up. I will keep it that way despite what Chad said on Twitter until we get an official confirmation from communications.

Great win for Patrick. Interesting to see the retail push for longer shafts, and him to play his driver at 43"!

Interesting. In the sound cloud interview their tour guy says Reed plays it down as well. Maybe he flipped it for this tournament?

Interesting. In the sound cloud interview their tour guy says Reed plays it down as well. Maybe he flipped it for this tournament?

Conflicting info from communications and the video. Not sure which is right, but it has been completely removed (the core part) until they make it official.

Steel shaft in fairway interesting

He was playing 2 iron for a while when he switched from Nike to Callaway then back to 3 wood with an 'ahina. I guess he just can't figure out what he wants in a fairway wood. When he was with Nike he only played a 3 wood as well.

Great win for Reed with a fantastic looking bag. Some won't like his outspoken confidence in himself and there's validity to that. We will see how he does in the majors this year and see how his words are taken then.

Impressive win. I would be surprised if he didn't have the gravity core in the down position.

Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

Another nice win for Reed.
Like watching him play.

Great win for Reed. Gonna move me up big in fantasy

Callaway is gotta be ecstatic

Interesting he uses a steel shaft in the 3w, anyone else doing this on tour?

I remember listening to one of the Callaway podcasts, and in it they mentioned Reed and how he wanted a heavier shaft in the FW and they kept trying graphite to no avail. Finally they just got a wild hair to go with steel and it took him all of a couple swings to say it was a winner.

Again, this is all from memory of a podcast I listened to a couple months ago.

He has a solid swing and is really good on the greens. Not sure what happened in the final round but saw he was -6 at some point. Callaway is looking good with him and English as a couple young guns.

Steel shafted fairway wood....not often you see that.

Interesting he plays a steel shaft in is FW.

Another player playing well early in the year. Hats off to Reed for withstanding the Monster!

Back