2014 TaylorMade Tour Preferred Wedge Preview

What kind of setup you envisioning?
All depends on my iron setup, but will definitely be playing the AW with either the Speedblades (if offered) or the CBs.

After that, I am thinking going 55* / 60* and keeping a nice 5* gap that I have played for a while. However, the 54* / 58* setup was a good one for me last year, and one that I would consider again depending on which of the grinds would best benefit me.

WE, does grind make a difference for you in Pondering this?

All depends on my iron setup, but will definitely be playing the AW with either the Speedblades (if offered) or the CBs.

After that, I am thinking going 55* / 60* and keeping a nice 5* gap that I have played for a while. However, the 54* / 58* setup was a good one for me last year, and one that I would consider again depending on which of the grinds would best benefit me.

ATV version Im assuming?

ATL and I were discussing this yesterday and how excited we were about these wedges.

I am thinking of going 52* / 58* but that will probably change if I can find the right hybrid at the top of the bag to fill a gap

It was interesting talking directly to Taylormade about the original ATV. Not a lot of retail love, but a ton of success on tour.
I play the original ATV wedges and at first didn't even consider them because they were kinda funky (have always played traditional forged wedges), but once you put it behind a ball it is sweet looking and they WORK - the ATV sole is the real deal. It's probably smart from a retail vantage to have the two different options, but I'm sold on the ATV sole. I will have to try out the new one when these wear out, or I may just end up buying another set of original ATVs for peanuts. :D

It was interesting to hear from the marketing reps in January that the pros really liked the ATV grind a lot, but it never translated well for consumers. I'm not sure if it was because pros use a lot more bounce in their shots vs the amateur or what? Personally I liked it a lot but it was a little difficult to open up a super amount, particularly because of the larger back end of the flange. They tweaked that and man, it's really a tough decision between the ATV and the regular bounce option. Both were absolutely incredible.

I need to hit these against my ATV's to make sure I dont need them, becasue my head is telling me I need these wedges.

It was interesting to hear from the marketing reps in January that the pros really liked the ATV grind a lot, but it never translated well for consumers. I'm not sure if it was because pros use a lot more bounce in their shots vs the amateur or what? Personally I liked it a lot but it was a little difficult to open up a super amount, particularly because of the larger back end of the flange. They tweaked that and man, it's really a tough decision between the ATV and the regular bounce option. Both were absolutely incredible.

I think for a lot of consumers, the "tooth" as it was called that day was the turnoff. The average golfer won't even look at a nonstandard looking wedge or else we'd see a bunch of ATVs and Smart Soles on the course.

I think for a lot of consumers, the "tooth" as it was called that day was the turnoff. The average golfer won't even look at a nonstandard looking wedge or else we'd see a bunch of ATVs and Smart Soles on the course.
this is so true, but guys will play the most god awful looking irons - go figure!

Im getting anxious for my set of Tour Preferred Wedges. I love my J40's but I am certain those are going to be an awesome match to my MC's.

Im getting anxious for my set of Tour Preferred Wedges. I love my J40's but I am certain those are going to be an awesome match to my MC's.

If you don't want them, I know a guy who couldn't hit a bad shot with them and even chipped one in with the 52* that would be more than willing to take them off your hands....;)

If you don't want them, I know a guy who couldn't hit a bad shot with them and even chipped one in with the 52* that would be more than willing to take them off your hands....;)

I forbid him to do that since he'll need to be familiar with them in July

Does anyone know if a release date has been given for these?

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

I heard 2nd week of April

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm anxious to see these go on sale. Anyone know what price range?

Thanks!

I loved the ATV grind. Have to check these out

Justin Rose Tweeted last night he is playing the new wedges at Bay Hill

Early April we were told?

I hope! I replace my wedges before the start of the golf season every year, and I have been waiting to do that until these are available.

I'm looking forward to try these, it will take ages before I get my hands on one of these. I think mixing ATV & regular bounce will be a thing for many.

I spent some time with the 52 at the TMPL last weekend. Really liked the look of it. More compact than the ATV wedges that are out now. The darker finish sure was nice too. Hard to really get a feel for them when I'm just hitting off a mat, but they felt good to me. I'm pretty sure I will just get the ATV grind on both that I order.

I spent some time with the 52 at the TMPL last weekend. Really liked the look of it. More compact than the ATV wedges that are out now. The darker finish sure was nice too. Hard to really get a feel for them when I'm just hitting off a mat, but they felt good to me. I'm pretty sure I will just get the ATV grind on both that I order.

Was the 52 avaliable in the ATV grind ? I thought it was 54-60

Was the 52 avaliable in the ATV grind ? I thought it was 54-60

honestly I didn't ask. But in the wedge setup I am eyeing it would be a set GW, 54, 58 anyway.

Back