Malaysia Airlines plane goes missing

PhillyV

Original Ass-Cap : G15' & G18'
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
That's terrible, my thought and prayers are with them tonight. Such a sad thing to hear.

I just saw this. How nuts is that where a whole plane just vanishes?? I hope they at least find it to give these families closure either way.

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia -- Vietnamese air force planes have spotted two large oil slicks that authorities suspect are from a Malaysian jetliner that went missing early Saturday. A Vietnamese government statement says the slicks were spotted off the southern tip of Vietnam. The slicks were each between 6 miles and 9 miles long. The statement said the slicks were consistent with the kinds that would be left by fuel from a crashed jetliner. The Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 disappeared from radar screens with 239 people on board en route to Beijing.

Such a shame I couldn't even fathom

This one freaks me out a little TBH. State of the art plane, experienced pilots, no weather issues. Tragic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thoughts and prayers going out.

Heard about this last night. I saw where they found slicks from what could have been a crashed plane, but still nothing more?

There are few emergency services in this part of the world that can respond to a disaster like this. The US has a ship on the way equipped with search and rescue helicopters that will be here tomorrow. All the local military can really do is fly overs with jet fighters.... Not the best search aircraft.

Just a sad situation. I think since it's a plane with so many people, it's certainly magnified. Honestly, I'm amazed and thankful it doesn't happen more often. Still the safest way to travel. Thoughts and prayers go out to all. Here's hoping for a miracle.....

Last edited:
It has been reported that two passengers who were listed on the plane's manifest - an Italian and an Austrian - were not actually on the flight.
They both reportedly had their passports stolen in Thailand.

It has been reported that two passengers who were listed on the plane's manifest - an Italian and an Austrian - were not actually on the flight.They both reportedly had their passports stolen in Thailand.
Either those two thieves were the unluckiest pair of people to walk this planet in the past week, or they were up to no good.

This is horrendous...I feel for all the friends and relatives of those in the tragedy

my prayers with all of them

Can't believe they haven't found it yet.

Plus getting viable assets to that area is taking some time.

Actually the water in the area is not deep. The search area is simply quite large, and there are no real search planes or equipment in this part of the world. It will be several days before they find anything I'm sure.

Actually the water in the area is not deep. The search area is simply quite large, and there are no real search planes or equipment in this part of the world. It will be several days before they find anything I'm sure.

Guilty of commenting without knowing exact location.

The area holds some of the worlds deepest waters, but the area in question is indeed not among them.

Hope questions surrounding this tragic incident are soon answered.

I'm flying from Malaysia to China next month. Talk about being a little concerned... The safety record of the 777-200 is such that I cannot believe this was simply a structural failure. The fact that no one has taken credit for a terrorist act by now leads me to believe however that it was not terrorism...but you never know.

This is just a tragic situation which I feel no answers will evolve in the near future. Thoughts and prayers go out to all the families touched by this tragedy.

Back