2014 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of solid work going on here folks! Keep it up!

Took yesterday and today off. Caught something the kids brought home from school. First time I haven't put in some kind of workout in over 20 days. Down to 193 today after tipping the scales at over 215 6 weeks ago.

Took yesterday and today off. Caught something the kids brough home from school. First time I haven't put in some kind of workout in over 20 days. Down to 193 today after tipping the scales at over 215 6 weeks ago.

Rest is your friend my broski. Relax and come back stronger!

Took yesterday and today off. Caught something the kids brought home from school. First time I haven't put in some kind of workout in over 20 days. Down to 193 today after tipping the scales at over 215 6 weeks ago.

Take a few days. Overtraining related injury is far too easy.

Most days it has just been 20 min. of rowing to get some cardio in. My body has felt better than I can remember. I do miss not working out which has never been the case.

Most days it has just been 20 min. of rowing to get some cardio in. My body has felt better than I can remember. I do miss not working out which has never been the case.

Exercise inertia my man. It is a real thing.

5k in 24:30. First time running in about 4 months, so I feel that was pretty good. My goal is to get back in 2010 shape, which was cut by an MCL tear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you work the resistance bands to get your swing speed up? My ss is consistently in the high 80s, and no matter what, I can't get it faster.

Well resistance bands have really helped me get my swing speed back up after straining my left shoulder at the #grandaddy and resting it for a month and a half. Started swinging clubs again at the end of January and my driver swing speed was down to 106.

After about a month of workouts my speed is already back up to 113 and the shoulder is feeling much stronger

I am thinking that some clean and jerks are in order for tonight.....

Is there any sort of reasonable fitness app out there? I don't really like myfitnesspal, but it will work if you all can't suggest something better. According to the Samsung app on my new phone, I need to eat 3600 cal a day and burn 1500 through activity. Who the hell can burn 1500 cal through activity in a day? I'd have to ride that stupid bike for 3 hours.

Is there any sort of reasonable fitness app out there? I don't really like myfitnesspal, but it will work if you all can't suggest something better. According to the Samsung app on my new phone, I need to eat 3600 cal a day and burn 1500 through activity. Who the hell can burn 1500 cal through activity in a day? I'd have to ride that stupid bike for 3 hours.

Apparently you can just sit around for 8 hours and burn 1500 calories. What are your goals?

Apparently you can just sit around for 8 hours and burn 1500 calories. What are your goals?

I'd like to drop about 30 more lbs in about 20 weeks. Don't care if muscles are big or whatever, but obviously want to increase strength by quite a bit.

Right now I'm doing intervals on the bike for 20-30 minutes 5 days a week and TRX three days a week. Won't count golf, but the walking will be a help when I can finally play. Have cut down intake by a large margin. Maybe too much at this point, but I'm struggling to find food choices that are convenient and filling without being garbage.

I'd like to drop about 30 more lbs in about 20 weeks. Don't care if muscles are big or whatever, but obviously want to increase strength by quite a bit.

Right now I'm doing intervals on the bike for 20-30 minutes 5 days a week and TRX three days a week. Won't count golf, but the walking will be a help when I can finally play. Have cut down intake by a large margin. Maybe too much at this point, but I'm struggling to find food choices that are convenient and filling without being garbage.

One of the things that can help this is cooking in bulk. If you or the wife does decide to cook, make a ton and freeze it. We do this quite often and it helped tremendously when the baby came.

One of the things that can help this is cooking in bulk. If you or the wife does decide to cook, make a ton and freeze it. We do this quite often and it help tremendously when the baby came.

I may have to do this. Breakfast is the really tough one, but I think making some breakfast burritos with those healthy wraps and then freezing them might work.

I may have to do this. Breakfast is the really tough one, but I think making some breakfast burritos with those healthy wraps and then freezing them might work.

Great idea. Plus eggs unfreeze very quick in the microwave.

Right now I'm eating those frozen eggwhite/turkey sausage breakfast sandwiches, but they are getting REALLY old lol. I mainly like them b/c they keep me good until lunch time and have a reasonable calorie count.

Right now I'm eating those frozen eggwhite/turkey sausage breakfast sandwiches, but they are getting REALLY old lol. I mainly like them b/c they keep me good until lunch time and have a reasonable calorie count.

Try tossing on Salsa or Franks red hot if you like alittle spice. Or sriracha

Its amazing how you can dress stuff up and make it taste different. Also, usually, the hot stuff doesn't add a ton of calories. The sweet stuff does that.

Hot is good. Great call dude.

Took yesterday off but today Im back at it. Treadmill time #90Mins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hit Hypertrophy: Push tonight at the gym.
Military press
Bench press
Dumbell incline Flys
Dumbell Lateral raises
Cable triceps push downs
Overhead cable triceps extensions

Medium weight high reps with a little cardio to warm up and core to finish.
Feeling great!!

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

Monday, gonna see if I can't tear my legs up.

Haven't worked out in a week. Must go work out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I got my butt back in the gym today. I have really slacked, and I know if I want to be longer and more accurate in my golf game it starts in the gym. I am focused this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back