The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're 100% right my friend, its why the 80% thought has become a big one for me, I KNOW that when I swing within myself I hit the ball further, but there is still that random temptation to "swing hard" and that for me is a death nail. I'm getting there, its just a damn frustrating journey to rewire the ole noggin.

Ever try throwing a weaker flex shaft into a club and using that to tame it down some? Sure as hell was a ponder for me after swinging a R flex Bio Cell

Thanks brother.

Its a lot more work just tuning things in and letting the swing do its job than one would ever think, but I also know its more than worth it. I'm going to blow some minds this year, 2014 is my year to get **** done.

Lord knows this is the year to do it! You've got all kinds of high stakes golf to play with the MC and the Grandaddy, not to mention the other events.

first outdoor range time today in about an hour...i kind of want to vid my swing to see how horrid it looks.

It's an early work day finish. Off to the range!

Back on the horse tonight. I was pretty frustrated with myself yesterday and just wasn't mentally there. My hips were flying open at times and it just p1ssed me off for some reason, which isn't the way I normally operate. I think the fact that it was cold and I was tired didn't help, but blah. It's so much better than it was, but I just wanted to have a $$$ range session and didn't get there. As punishment I went inside the place and did drills in their net for 30 minutes until the guy told me I was supposed to pay $5 for the privelige. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Got in two straight days of hitting into my new mat and net. Besides getting elbow pain which leads me to think I need to by some foam to put under the mat, I noticed that I really need to take my time in between shots and set up correctly. My poor shots came when I was rushing through my routine and just trying to pound balls. It was a simply realization but something that makes a lot of sense. The golf swing is such a delicate thing that me swinging three or four times in a row gets me tired and exposes tons of faults in my swing.

Got in two straight days of hitting into my new mat and net. Besides getting elbow pain which leads me to think I need to by some foam to put under the mat, I noticed that I really need to take my time in between shots and set up correctly. My poor shots came when I was rushing through my routine and just trying to pound balls. It was a simply realization but something that makes a lot of sense. The golf swing is such a delicate thing that me swinging three or four times in a row gets me tired and exposes tons of faults in my swing.

I find the exact same thing going on with my swing. It's much better when I slow my tempo down. Sounds like a productive two days!

I find the exact same thing going on with my swing. It's much better when I slow my tempo down. Sounds like a productive two days!

For sure, it was a very bizzare out of body experience almost. It sounds so simple but it is like I became a ball hitting zombie and just started hitting without a purpose. I think I am going to give myself forced time in between "reps" as if I was at the gym. I definitley have to be more conscious of going through my routine when hitting into a net, as I found it it can be very easy to just start rapidly hitting balls w/o a purpose because you aren't getting much visual shot feedback after you make contact.

So just had a 40 min range session and I have to say, I like what I am seeing. Now don't get me wrong the new swing is still a work in progress, however my ball flight and distance has change dramatically. I still have to keep a conscious effort to get into the right takeaway and top position. I know in time it will not be a thought process. I still hit the bad shots due to thinking and checking to see if I have the club in the right position.

Interested to see how the changes will translate into on course action.

So just had a 40 min range session and I have to say, I like what I am seeing. Now don't get me wrong the new swing is still a work in progress, however my ball flight and distance has change dramatically. I still have to keep a conscious effort to get into the right takeaway and top position. I know in time it will not be a thought process. I still hit the bad shots due to thinking and checking to see if I have the club in the right position.

Interested to see how the changes will translate into on course action.

Solid progress already, thats awesome. Im just like you, going through the checklist of things to do and hit the occasional piece of garbage.

but we are making good strides with the crappy weather we have endured

Solid progress already, thats awesome. Im just like you, going through the checklist of things to do and hit the occasional piece of garbage.

but we are making good strides with the crappy weather we have endured

I agree I get frustrated at times when I see the occasional hosel hit, but remind myself it's due to thinking about where I need to be at in my swing.

It's going to be great seeing your progress this weekend.

#NoFlyingObjects

Spent an hour at the range today and only hit 1 bucket. Worked very hard on tempo and feeling the club through the swing. Ive been bad about rushing the downswing and loosing the club half way down. .. seemed benifitial today..more work this weekend

I agree I get frustrated at times when I see the occasional hosel hit, but remind myself it's due to thinking about where I need to be at in my swing.

It's going to be great seeing your progress this weekend.

#NoFlyingObjects

HAHA, not sure if it will be progress yet, but it will look different, as in way more upright and less "flat"

Hoping to get some solid range time in Friday pre-round with my exclusive TeamTHP swing coach

It's hard for me to get more upright. My brains just says nooooooooooooo.

The THP Range/Practice Thread

It's hard for me to get more upright. My brains just says nooooooooooooo.

I'm right there with you...I have been taking my hands way back instead of up!!!

Edit: picture can't even bring myself to look at it!

Had my first lesson yesterday followed up by a lot of really good practice with some THPers. It was a very good day!

Had my first lesson yesterday followed up by a lot of really good practice with some THPers. It was a very good day!

Loving the lessons! Keep up the good work buddy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Finally has warmed up here in central Illinois and me and bhilln got to hit up the range. Well hit some solid shots up to my seven six iron then it went down hill. Was topping, hitting it thin worming it, just not getting good flight. I can bomb my x2hot 5wood but not the 3 altitude/cobra amp cell 3/4 hybrid. Also still can't distance with the new driver which I need fitted and my fitted amp cell driver. Hitting high on face or out on the toe. I took video so if your free check them out in Freddie's thread. I got lessons on Thursday at 330 and my instructor finally said his iPad is updated so I can get taped. Can't wait. Also bhilln can hit bombs like no other, quiet jealous!!!

Finally has warmed up here in central Illinois and me and bhilln got to hit up the range. Well hit some solid shots up to my seven six iron then it went down hill. Was topping, hitting it thin worming it, just not getting good flight. I can bomb my x2hot 5wood but not the 3 altitude/cobra amp cell 3/4 hybrid. Also still can't distance with the new driver which I need fitted and my fitted amp cell driver. Hitting high on face or out on the toe. I took video so if your free check them out in Freddie's thread. I got lessons on Thursday at 330 and my instructor finally said his iPad is updated so I can get taped. Can't wait. Also bhilln can hit bombs like no other, quiet jealous!!!

I took a peak at your new vids. While im not Freddie but one thing stuck out to me. In your down the line video, you can see quite a bit of movement of your head. You are changing the distance from the ball to your visual source (eyes) and actual distance from your chest to the ball. Makes consistent ball striking very tough. Looks like you are pulling your upper body away from the ball on your downswing, contributing to thin/toe balls

Watching the Golf Fix right now...has anyone tried the battery and box drill focusing on keeping the face square?

I took a peak at your new vids. While im not Freddie but one thing stuck out to me. In your down the line video, you can see quite a bit of movement of your head. You are changing the distance from the ball to your visual source (eyes) and actual distance from your chest to the ball. Makes consistent ball striking very tough. Looks like you are pulling your upper body away from the ball on your downswing, contributing to thin/toe balls

Thanks Kang that's always been a issue with me on keeping my head still. I always feel if I keep my eye on the ball my head stays still. Freddie has told me that issue before, and I need to quit swaying and just rotate my body. What did you think of my body turn is it close to yours yet?

Was good to get out there to see some balls fly. You were hitting some good shots, can tell you've been working on the swing.

Was feeling pretty rusty out there and need to get some reps in beating balls but good to get the clubs swinging. Hit some decent and not so decent shots as expected but was outside hitting balls so who cares. Didn't really work on much today other than get the feel of swinging; going forward I will go to the range with working on specific things with my swing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back