Draw vs Fade- What is your Go-To shot?

That really just depends on what day of the week it is, which side of the bed I woke up on, the moon phase, and the T-91 U.S. Treasury rate.

~Rock

I like hitting a fade with my woods and draw my irons….why? I used to play only a cut/fade and once I got better I hit a nice high draw with my irons but my woods stick with the fade - if it ain't (that) broke, stick with it!

It has and it seems always will be a fade, but I have made some changes recently that at least allow me to attempt and sometimes pull off the draw - woohoo! I'm suer that the fade will stay the go to shot but hopefully when the weather warms up I'll be able to add the draw to my arsenal.

I have the fade of a maimed 11 year old, so draw it is. I'd love a stronger fade, but if I'm moving the ball right I'm typically doing something very, very wrong.

I prefer to play a straight ball but if forced to execute one of these I can play a draw/hook when required with a simple stance change.

Stock shot shape has been a draw (with a chance to hook) here for a while. I'll try to hit a fade from time to time but I wouldn't call it anything resembling 'reliable'.

Fade all day long. When things aren't working, this is what I fall back to.

The fade comes natural for me so if I just play a normal shot, I can take the left side out of play but I can hit a draw with driver down to about my 5 hybrid with a change in grip and stance.

For me a baby fade or straight shot off the tee, I cannot hit a draw.

Fade for me too, I hate the left side of the course.

What's a fade? Seriously?

I can hit a draw all day long and sometimes it's my undoing. I am working hard to get back to a left to right ball flight off the tee as I just like the look much better...and at the courses I play left is way more trouble than right on almost every hole.

My shots are like a box of Crackerjacks, I never know what I am going to get, seriously. I prefer straight, its probably more fade than draws.

Hit a natural draw but would like to add a cut shot into the mix this season so we'll see how that goes

Driver always a fade have more control
irons-I feel like I can control either way fade if it's right pin or need to loose a few yards and vise versa

Everyone has a different go-to shot. Mine is a high draw.

What is yours?

Interesting thread Pete, When I'm on I prefer a High Lazy draw..... WHEN I'M ON

When playing well my go to with an iron is a draw with a wood it's a fade

Lately it's been a draw that I can really weaken my grip on and play a push along with it. I like that I can get a lot of run out of it.

Fade. Love the control aspect of it. Played a draw growing up and suffered from overcooking it too many times.
Amen to that Brother. Grew up playing Persimmons and Blades, and while we all learned to hit a draw if we had to, as the old saying goes "You can talk to a Fade but a Hook wont listen"

I'm working on making the draw my go to, then it will be working controlling a fade

Fade for me but I'm trying to add the draw to my game.

My go to shot is a draw but, it has cost me strokes by becoming a strong duck hook at times. I would love to have a nice baby fade. Shaping can become a task.

I've been playing golf over 30 years and never quite had the opportunity to focus on it. Until the last few years. I once had a slice so bad I could hardly enjoy playing. Over time, it turned into a moderate slice, then a big fade, then a little fade. After a lot of hard work at the range and some lessons, I'm actually hitting the ball well and CAN ACTUALLY HIT A DRAW WHEN I WANT TO. Wow, it's awesome. Starting the ball a little to the right and seeing it draw back online with that oh-so-perfect flight path just feels plain awesome. :)

A draw. Which causes some issues with the driver when a push rears its head.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Used to be a fade, now my natural swing is a soft draw.

Back