The Official 2014 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
John McClain, AKA Pancakes, thinks it is more and more likely that the Texans will keep him. Honestly, I wouldn't be upset. It would mean they would take Clowney and I still believe that Schaub is the best QB on the Texans.

Schaub is is done, and for love of everything holy hope they don't draft Manziel. I'd rather Clowney, if they go QB I hope it's Bridgewater but I think next years QB class of Winston, Mariota, Hundley are all better than any of the three this year. If they take Manziel I'll go back to my New Orleans roots because hell will freeze before I ever cheer for the Cowboys.

Yeah I don't think he is a star but he's an upgrade til the draft over what they have

I am not sure I agree, but just one man's opinion. I think he will be slightly overpaid based on a single year when the rest were below average.

Ill be honest and say I think Edelman is overrated. He needs a special QB to make him successful and unless the Browns find that quickly, he will be a waste. He is a tough guy and a decent route runner, but I think its funny when people view a guy like that is a big signing when up until this past year, he could not get on the field.

This year, with the Patriots complete lack of any receiving options he caught 100 balls or so. They had nobody and have shown that the quick out works for Brady (see Welker). Prior to that in 4 seasons combined I bet he didnt hit 100 catches. Im sure someone can look it up and tell me if I am right or not, but I think I am.

Pats are in a tough spot there. I agree, I think he's overrated, on another team. With the Patriots, he has the trust of Brady and another 100 catch, 1,000 yard and a handful of touchdowns is not out of the question. I just don't want to overpay for "trust", when I think we can plug a few cheaper options into that role and get the same production.

I would personally like to see the Pats draft one of the tight ends in the first couple picks.

Ill be honest and say I think Edelman is overrated. He needs a special QB to make him successful and unless the Browns find that quickly, he will be a waste. He is a tough guy and a decent route runner, but I think its funny when people view a guy like that is a big signing when up until this past year, he could not get on the field.

This year, with the Patriots complete lack of any receiving options he caught 100 balls or so. They had nobody and have shown that the quick out works for Brady (see Welker). Prior to that in 4 seasons combined I bet he didnt hit 100 catches. Im sure someone can look it up and tell me if I am right or not, but I think I am.

From living up here, I get to see the Pats a lot. In the years prior to this, Edelman struggled to stay on the field and didn't really have a big role in the team because Welker was the main slot guy. He had the perfect storm for him this year: Welker gone, tons of inexperience around him at WR, Amendola was hurt for half the year, Gronk hurt for most of the year. Like JB said, Brady almost didn't have anyone else to throw the ball to so Edelman benefitted from that.

One thing about Edelman possibly going to the Browns: the good thing there is that he wouldn't have to be the primary target with Josh Gordon also there. Of course, who throws him the ball is anyone's guess.

I can honestly say that I don't know who the Browns head coach is nor their starting QB is right now. I'm sure that will change once the season starts.

I can honestly say that I don't know who the Browns head coach is nor their starting QB is right now. I'm sure that will change once the season starts.
All I know is the coach came from Buffalo!

i see where your coming from i think in his past he needed time to develope he wasnt a WR in college. that combined with welker in front of him wasnt a good mix for playing time.

he is never going to be a big time outside WR hes a slot guy but hes proven if you can get him the ball he will make catches.

I am not sure I agree, but just one man's opinion. I think he will be slightly overpaid based on a single year when the rest were below average.

Well he is 2nd fiddle to Gordon obviously, and since he can catch the ball he is automatically better than Greg Little who has the worst hands on earth.

And this is scary but they may not have another WR on their roster besides that Cooper guy.

Thats scary

It's amazing how quickly these change!
mel-kiper-mock-3.jpg

Thats crazy talk, just stop

Tell me something he's better than the other quarterbacks in the class at. Making plays reading defenses quick decisions . I can't think of anything

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Well he is 2nd fiddle to Gordon obviously, and since he can catch the ball he is automatically better than Greg Little who has the worst hands on earth.

And this is scary but they may not have another WR on their roster besides that Cooper guy.

Thats scary

Benjamin

Mike Pettine

Came from the Bills. He was the DC in Buffalo. Be prepared for an in your face very aggressive D. Multiple fronts, lots of exotic blitzing. The D was one of the small bright spots for the Bills last season. Originally he came from the Ravens and then went to the Jets with Rex Ryan to be the DC he then jumped to the Bills before last season. I think he is a great coach and a huge loss for Buffalo. The Cleveland D will be very good next year everything hinges on that offense.

Tuck to the Raiders wish him all the best. Great Giant!

Tuck to the Raiders wish him all the best. Great Giant!

We'll take anything we can lol hopefully my Raiders can start heading in the right direction

We'll take anything we can lol hopefully my Raiders can start heading in the right direction

He will be a leader on defense and if you can get some DT support he can be a force getting to the QB. Oh yeah and he can also line up at DT if the neck is healthy.

Tell me something he's better than the other quarterbacks in the class at. Making plays reading defenses quick decisions . I can't think of anything

This is funny.
I bet you were high on Weeden and Trent weren't you? :D

He will be a leader on defense and if you can get some DT support he can be a force getting to the QB. Oh yeah and he can also line up at DT if the neck is healthy.

I hope so. Lord knows we need defense bad haha

Edit: Actually not sooo bad, I forgot we were top 5 for awhile last season. Need some offense more but a leader wouldn't hurt

This is funny.
I bet you were high on Weeden and Trent weren't you? :D

Trent yes... Weeden no never liked his pocket presence he was scared of the rush and locked on his receivers.....If I had my choice it would be johnny .....but I can say 100% on record bortels will bust for sure.

Trent yes... Weeden no never liked his pocket presence he was scared of the rush and locked on his receivers.....If I had my choice it would be johnny .....but I can say 100% on record bortels will bust for sure.

If you say so.
Watched a lot of Bortles games up in Ohio have you? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back