What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

I'm surprised last time Srixon Q-Star feel softer than TM Lethal on Mizzy MP-4. Going to ball fitting later today & wanna try Bridgestone tour balls & Nike's.

I alternated this weekend between the Q-Star and Z-Star. I have no complaints, and I'm not sure I noticed a difference between the two.

I alternated this weekend between the Q-Star and Z-Star. I have no complaints, and I'm not sure I noticed a difference between the two.

I can see this. I played the Q star on Saturday and it is still my overall favorite ball ever.

For my game, they just perform the way I want a ball to in all aspects. I'm glad that I have upwards of 10 dozen of them at home for the year.

I got to play the new B330RX and absolutely loved it, the distance was great and it felt and sounded good off the club face. My only gripe is the cover is just a little firm for my taste so to the RXS I go for a bit to check it out.

I can see this. I played the Q star on Saturday and it is still my overall favorite ball ever.

For my game, they just perform the way I want a ball to in all aspects. I'm glad that I have upwards of 10 dozen of them at home for the year.
I played yellow Zs and white Qs all weekend, so there was no mixing up which one I was playing. After wishy-washy alternating on Friday, I decided to play the Z on Saturday and the Q on Sunday. I struggled a lot as it was my first outside golf of the year, but there are absolutely no shots that I remember where I wish I had the other ball. Actually, one conclusion I did come to...Tour Yellow FTW.

Playing the e6, both yellow and white. Good price, low spin and straight.

I have been playing the new Callaway X2Hot and I really like it. It is long off the tee and feels soft around the green.

That's been my experience, though I just haven't gotten the spin I'd like from approach shots. Some of that is my swing/ball striking, and a lot of that is dealing with some very firm and fast greens, but I think so long as I can pay a similar amount for last years' tour-caliber balls, that's where my money will go for now.

These guys are long as heck with a good swing off the tee, though!

e6...Still the best bad weather ball I have ever played.

Got given a Taylormade TP3 ball for our Pennant comp on Sunday. Loved the ball, great distance and pretty good into the wind, also the spin into the hard dry greens was also acceptable considering. I need to try the new TP line and if they are even better than these and the lethals TM has a winner.

Cally SuperSoft and the two Titleist NXT Tours they have out now. All three were fine by me. Love that mushy Supersoft. Could play any of them though. All solid balls.

Callaway x2h+ and SR2 over my last few days. Haven't noticed a big difference in yardage but today I noticed the SR2 check significantly on a chip. I was expecting so roll out and it just didn't happen for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Taylor made Rocketballz urethame. Really good on the green putting wise but it spun a little to much for me on approach shots

Callaway x2h+ and SR2 over my last few days. Haven't noticed a big difference in yardage but today I noticed the SR2 check significantly on a chip. I was expecting so roll out and it just didn't happen for me.

Felt the same way about the X2Hot and the Hex Chrome. Similar in yardage, but much more spin from the Hex Black. The spin with my irons and approaches was enough to determine club changes, simply because of the amount of release from the X2Hot ball compared to the Hex Black.

Played the Bstone B330s and Callaway SR2 on pretty damp course conditions. Both spun well and felt great on solid iron shots. Played alot of the Hex Chrome + last year and did not see much difference between those and the SR2.

Both great yardages and adequate spin. Will play the rest of the SR2 box to see if there's enough difference to switch from the Hex Chrome +.

Decided to give the Wilson Staff Duos a try. I don't believe they are for me. They felt really heavy off the club and I lost a lot of distance. I think think I need a little more click with my ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Project (a). Not great off the tee, but helped around the greens today.

Played a older model B330 RX on the front 9 and played the SR2 on the back......I like the new Callaway ball a lot

I played the Urethane RBZ again. I really am liking them putting. The downside they don't seem to release as much as I'd like when chipping around the green and didn't cut the wind as well as I expected. Very solid off the Tee and I can control them with irons

Well, not "playing", technically, but taking advantage of the launch monitor during GolfTec sessions. Yesterday put the SR2 up against my current favorite, Chrome+. I gained nearly 10 yards with the driver, immediately, with the SR2. I'll be comparing the SR2 against the B330RXS during my next session; maybe the B330 as well.

I hit a Dunlop Titanium ball I think. It was just sitting on the counter at the pro shop. I grabbed it and my 5 hybrid and went out to hit a few shots and did this with my very first swing on a 160 yard par three:

u2u7y6e5.jpg

Five feet past the hole about a foot off line. I didn't make the putt, as the only club I was carrying was the club in the picture.

Based on the results of that one shot, I think it is the best ball ever! hahaha

Well, not "playing", technically, but taking advantage of the launch monitor during GolfTec sessions. Yesterday put the SR2 up against my current favorite, Chrome+. I gained nearly 10 yards with the driver, immediately, with the SR2. I'll be comparing the SR2 against the B330RXS during my next session; maybe the B330 as well.
That's quite a difference Rambler. I've been playing Chrome+ so something to take note of. What's your average swing speed?

I'm currently testing TaylorMade's new Project (a) ball with other testers on here for THP and TaylorMade. So far, after two rounds, I am impressed with the ball's performance. For me, it has great feel off all clubs through the bag. It's early in the testing, but, some testers are finding mixed results off the tee distance wise, while most are impressed with the (a)'s green holding on approach shots.

You can read reviews here:
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...64-TaylorMade-Project-(a)-Balls-Review-Thread

That's quite a difference Rambler. I've been playing Chrome+ so something to take note of. What's your average swing speed?

Right now, it's at 100 with the driver, on average. The SR2 had a bit less spin and slightly higher ball speeds. It also felt softer, which is a bonus for me. I hit one near 280 (total distance), which I haven't seen since early August. Give the SR2 a try, for sure.

I have played the :bridgestone: e6 (Orange! see my thread on color here)
I love this ball and can't imagine finding a replacement at the price point that isn't a ball on sale.

I really enjoy that the ball for me seems to fly true, is somewhat forgiving of my mis hits, I also feel with my irons which are very old , that , I am not losing as much distance as i was with other ball choices.

My only issue is with the putter it feels a little numb if that makes sense?

Played the project (a) yesterday and I'm pretty darn impressed so far.

Back