** KBS Shafts Official Thread **

Golf Coast,

Thanks for the message. That is a tough fit. I would suggest Going with the TOUR R and soft step it, or try the C-TAPER LITE R flex. If you can, please try demoing this in person.

Thanks!
Conrad

Currently playing Tour R+. If I was looking to keep the launch similar, but increase spin a little, what direction would I be looking?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks Conrad. Much appreciate the response.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Need some clarification. On the KBS website the chart that shows Trajectory and Spin and has the shaft suggestion. Is the Trajectory and Spin saying what you want to have or what you currently have? I think it is saying if you want this ball flight and spin use this shaft but want to be absolutely sure.

Conrad,
Sorry for the delayed response, I am in Peru this week. If the cpm reader was off a bit and it was a 7.0 would that still be a X stiff?
The labels are for Stiff flex on the irons as installed by Callaway, they are making the change for me so it is not a big issue, just curious as to the actual flex of a Tour V stiff. I will call you later this morning to discuss.
Thanks for your help

The trajectory spin charts display the different performances of our shafts on one chart. So you should choose the performance that would benefit your game most.

Thanks
Conrad

Need some clarification. On the KBS website the chart that shows Trajectory and Spin and has the shaft suggestion. Is the Trajectory and Spin saying what you want to have or what you currently have? I think it is saying if you want this ball flight and spin use this shaft but want to be absolutely sure.

Hi Jim, I remember getting a VM from you last week and you said I could not call back because you are in Peru. I hope the trip is going well!

Frequency testing is tough to measure consistently. Generally, if you have one standard way of measuring, and the OEM (Callaway) accepts that, then the 7.0 would be a X flex. However, I speak to many club builders who get really high and low CPMs that are off the charts. They understand that there is not standard, so those numbers are not good for determining a FM. However, you can usually look at these and make sure there is a standard progression in CPMs club to club.

Thanks
Conrad

Conrad,
Sorry for the delayed response, I am in Peru this week. If the cpm reader was off a bit and it was a 7.0 would that still be a X stiff?
The labels are for Stiff flex on the irons as installed by Callaway, they are making the change for me so it is not a big issue, just curious as to the actual flex of a Tour V stiff. I will call you later this morning to discuss.
Thanks for your help

I have a couple of the custom white pearl shafts that have a few nicks in the finish. Is there a way to touch them up that will stay fairly durable? Thanks.

Just want to give KBS some props here. I went through an extensive iron fitting last week and came down to the Callaway Apex and PING i25 sets. In both sets, the KBS Tour Stiff drastically outperformed all other shafts for me. Distance, dispersion, smash factor...everything. It was really eye opening to see right there on a screen just how much difference getting the right shaft for you can make. And I believe it's a testament to KBS' manufacturing on just how much more consistent everything was. I am going crazy waiting for these clubs to come in!

I have a question.

About the middle of last year I bought a set of irons from a guy here that replaced the shaft in the 6 iron with just a KBS shaft. Don't know anything else about it other than I really love that shaft. Any way to tell exactly which shaft it is?

What does it say on the shaft band?
Can you take a picture?

It did have the KBS red band but I just don't remember if it said Tour on it. Sorry man it was a quick fix as I didn't want to wait on TM to reshaft.

Don't remember saying but no need to be sorry at all. Just wondering because thinking of adding the same shaft to the rest of the set, so just wondering what KBS shaft it was

Conrad,
Thanks for the reply, I could not get free to call you back. Just too hectic on the jobsite. The trip is almost over, leave tomorrow home Thursday.

My irons are back at Callaway now and I requested CTL in S, but that may not be an option. It not I asked for the CT in Reg. hard stepped or Reg. +

I have not had any feedback from them or my fitter one way or the other, so it will be a surprise.

This has been a real work in progress with the new APEX irons and I hope it all works out eventually. I have put up a couple of decent scores with my old clubs with the CT stiff SS since sending them back so either way I will have a travel set.

I have a question. I just bought some adams CB3's that were supposed to have the KBS TOUR 90 BLACK NICKEL SMOKE stiff shafts in them.

But the shaft bands only say KBS Tour by FST. I thought the Tour 90 shafts actually had a 90 on them or am I mistaken?

These shafts are nice looking BTWay.

Thanks.

Sorry to hear about this! We warranty all of our products. If it is falling off due to normal wear, I can send you a replacement. Please email me at support@kbsgolfshafts.com

Thanks
Conrad

I have a couple of the custom white pearl shafts that have a few nicks in the finish. Is there a way to touch them up that will stay fairly durable? Thanks.

That is GREAT to hear! We appreciate the shout out!

Conrad

Just want to give KBS some props here. I went through an extensive iron fitting last week and came down to the Callaway Apex and PING i25 sets. In both sets, the KBS Tour Stiff drastically outperformed all other shafts for me. Distance, dispersion, smash factor...everything. It was really eye opening to see right there on a screen just how much difference getting the right shaft for you can make. And I believe it's a testament to KBS' manufacturing on just how much more consistent everything was. I am going crazy waiting for these clubs to come in!

Good to hear you like it. There are a couple ways to tell what shaft it is. First, pull the grip and see if there is a laser etched SKU or ID on the butt of the shaft. If you cannot see the laser etching, try pulling the shaft out of the head and weigh it. Add about 8-9 grams and that will give you the raw weight and flex.

If the shaft was installed by the OEM, then you could call them and see what they used during installation.

Thanks,
Conrad

I have a question.

About the middle of last year I bought a set of irons from a guy here that replaced the shaft in the 6 iron with just a KBS shaft. Don't know anything else about it other than I really love that shaft. Any way to tell exactly which shaft it is?

Sounds like it is a 6i TOUR 90. The tip lengths for .355 shafts are different for the TOUR 90 (in addition to the weight being different). The Stiff is 7.5in, the Regular is 8in.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...-irons-4-PW-stiff&highlight=taylormade+burner

This is the original for sale post. Nothing on the shaft indicating what kind of KBS shaft it is. Canes just indicated it was a KBS 90g shaft. Wanting to know because thinking if the rest of my irons need this shaft as well.

Thanks for the question. We do not have a TOUR 90 shaft in black nickel, so you are using the TOUR shaft. We only made the black nickel shaft in the TOUR model. Sorry for the confusion!

I have a question. I just bought some adams CB3's that were supposed to have the KBS TOUR 90 BLACK NICKEL SMOKE stiff shafts in them.

But the shaft bands only say KBS Tour by FST. I thought the Tour 90 shafts actually had a 90 on them or am I mistaken?

These shafts are nice looking BTWay.

Thanks.

Thanks for clearing that up so fast!

Lots of great information here. I have a question about the c-taper lite shafts. Do they play true to flex? I am currently playing Adams cb2 with the tour 90's in S flex. I am wanting a little lower ball flight and close to the same weight shaft. I am looking at the c-taper lite in R flex, but am wondering if these play softer like the tour 90's do? Would I need to get the S flex in the lites also,or will the R flex work? I have a fairly smooth tempo and average 6 iron distance is 160-165 yds.

Thanks for the question. The TOUR 90 is more flexible and helps get the ball in the air with more spin. The CT-LITE is lower launch and less spin than the TOUR 90. The stiffness will be higher with the CT-LITE. Stiffness/frequency measurement is relative on how you measure the shaft (butt stiffness, mid, tip stiffness). I think you will see the performance you are looking for in the CT-LITE S flex.

Thanks,
Conrad

Lots of great information here. I have a question about the c-taper lite shafts. Do they play true to flex? I am currently playing Adams cb2 with the tour 90's in S flex. I am wanting a little lower ball flight and close to the same weight shaft. I am looking at the c-taper lite in R flex, but am wondering if these play softer like the tour 90's do? Would I need to get the S flex in the lites also,or will the R flex work? I have a fairly smooth tempo and average 6 iron distance is 160-165 yds.

Hey Conrad - just went Tour 90's in my AP1's and it's like coming home. Smoooooooooooth and easy to swing. Been missing them for a long time.

Back