** KBS Shafts Official Thread **

JB and I spent the morning at KBS. The new 105's are pretty much identical to the ones that you see in the RSI 2 irons. Also THP will have a full review on those coming up shortly.

Thank you Sir..

I want to put some CTaper Lite's in my CMBs so freaking bad!

Since adding 25 grams of Tungsten to the club my tour 90's are money. The combination of the light shaft and lite grip put my swing weight at c7,noe bumped to d2-3.5 I am feeling the clubhead more and producing a great flight.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Since adding 25 grams of Tungsten to the club my tour 90's are money. The combination of the light shaft and lite grip put my swing weight at c7,noe bumped to d2-3.5 I am feeling the clubhead more and producing a great flight.

Do you still have those same grips that came with the 90's?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Do you still have those same grips that came with the 90's?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
A few wore out I changed them up with Lamkin I Lines

Hello kbs!

I am absolutely lost in clubhead choosing and shaft choosing. I love the kbs line up but hadnt had the possibility to test your different shafts in same head.

i am a quick swinger, ca 80 mph 7 iron ss, 11 hcp

yesterday i tried the cobra king tec forged and kobra king mb 7 irons (which should be way above my competence level) and the results and shafts really puzzled me:

king tec forged w ctaper lite s flex were about a club longer and also about 3 degrees lower. Ballspeed about 5-6mph faster. I felt the lighter shaft i could really go after

however, the cobra mb were actually really easy to hit! Either i had a good day or was the heavier shaft helping me out?? The club was shorter but there is 4 degree loft difference that explains that. And the dispersion felt much better than the king Tec.

Do you think this is due to the shaft being a heavier ctaper s flex? If so should i instead w my swingspeed consider the tour stiff as it should be easier to load? I am mainly worried about the shaft weight wearing me down late in rounds

i am thinking to put them in either epon af 303 or apex cf.

Given that the ctaper in a 34 degree 7 iron launched 21 degrees and ctaper lite in a 30 degree 7 iron launched 18. I couldnt read much launch and distance differences into the 2 options. Am i wrong here??

So to summarize: ctaper lite stiff tour stiff or ctaper stiff, if/how will the weight affect dispersion, clubhead speed and launch angle? Would love to hear your best guess!

Back