Ping i25 Driver Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks JB, this one was a fun one to review, an interesting driver.

Solid review Jman, lots of great info.

Good Job! Was torn between this one and the 913D3, ended up with the D3 because of the ridiculous price I got off a used one (can't even tell it's used..)

Great review. I've hit the i25 a couple of times and am surprised at how forgiving it is. Night and day between the i15, i20 and i25. The sound is very pleasing and I really dig the racing stripes.

Reduced spin with optimized launch? Yes please.

Really like where OEM's are headed with the lower/forward COG as I've had good success with that type of profile recently.

I have been able to hit this and really liked the racing stripes. Driver delivered a solid sound at impact and a mid flight that I like to play.

I didn't notice the adapter before but I can appreciate that they simplified it for weight purposes. This one is a performer for sure and definitely not for just a "player".

Another great review Jman. I fell win love with the looks and feel of this driver when I tested it out, also the sounds off the face was great too. However, once I got on a launch monitor it showed that my mishits lost a significant amount of distance compared to a few of my other selections, I can't tell you how bummed I was.

Great review, James. The low spin scares me off of this one a bit, but the increased launch brings me right back to it. Will definitely give this one a try.

This is a really solid club especially with the right weight shaft in it. The ping rep is coming to the range nearby for an outdoor day so I may have a new driver haha.

Great thoughts James. Spot on in my opinion.

Thank you for the comments everyone, much appreciated.

Agree 100% with this review. I had only read about the racing stripes and wasn't sure what I was going to think about them. When I saw them in person I thought they were great. Very subtle and actually a helpful visual aid.

Great Review
The more i see the driver the less the racing stripes concern me i think the shape is great very nice looking driver

That's a beauty! Nice review Jman. The face on that thing is DEEP, would definitely take some getting used to for me. Would definitely like to take some cuts with this next time at the shop.

Great review! I like this club a lot and definitely had to swing it more than a few times before I decided I wasn't ready for it. I had to go with the G25 for the extra forgiveness. Since then I have added the racing stripes myself because I love them. I'll have to post some pics when I get around to it.

I've always been a fan of the Ping iSeries. Not liking the black look, but do like the racing/alignment stripes on the crown. I just saw the new commercial with for this driver and I laughed my tail off.

That's a beauty! Nice review Jman. The face on that thing is DEEP, would definitely take some getting used to for me. Would definitely like to take some cuts with this next time at the shop.

It's actually not what I'd consider a really deep face. The Bio+ is much deeper.

Ping i25 Driver Review

Great write up Jman. Any shafts you would compare the PWR in terms of feel/performance?

Great write up Jman. Any shafts you would compare the PWR in terms of feel/performance?

Feel in driver shafts is extremely personal, as for performance it was def a mid launch shaft.

That was a great review. You hit on everything. You made comment of the weight port not being able to be adjusted by the user but is it something Ping can adjust?

Feel in driver shafts is extremely personal, as for performance it was def a mid launch shaft.

Gotcha. I saw in your review where you mentioned the mid launch--didn't know if brought to mind a particular shaft.

I love the matte finish (sun glare is a killer on my light sensitive eyes) do the stripes give sun glare, or are they a dull finish like the matte head?

That was a great review. You hit on everything. You made comment of the weight port not being able to be adjusted by the user but is it something Ping can adjust?

I believe so.

Thanks Scrap.

I love the matte finish (sun glare is a killer on my light sensitive eyes) do the stripes give sun glare, or are they a dull finish like the matte head?

Both head and stripes are matte, just two different tones of black.

I believe so.

Thanks Scrap.

Wonder how you go about getting fit for a different weight. I will have to ask GolfTown.

I also didn't realize the 65pwr comes in at 59. Mind blown. Thanks man.

Back